The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 31, 2014, 01:05:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 750   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 830854 times)
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #10395 on: December 12, 2012, 09:12:09 am »

PP: I lost my phone on the bus last night. FUCK!

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Alex
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

djurico_666@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: December 12, 2012, 10:05:13 am »

PP: Accidentally saved a blank file over my C++ project. Everything I did is now gone.

PP2: I fucking hate group projects.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:35:11 am by Alex » Logged
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10397 on: December 13, 2012, 01:28:40 pm »

PP: The practice exam questions were nowhere near the ones we got on the actual test.
PP2: I think I failed the course again but all I need is 10% on it to pass, dropping from an 80%+ to 50%. And if I get borderline 70s in my other two courses, then I can get a 2.00 GPA for this term, locking me in probation again but keeping my ass safe from getting kicked out.
PP3: Sometimes I depress myself with this way of thinking, but it keeps me going.

Ninja'd: 863
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10398 on: December 14, 2012, 04:44:19 am »

PP: Snow. Go away snow. I don't want you here.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10399 on: December 14, 2012, 09:10:55 am »

Gimmie snow, we got none.

Ninja'd: 863
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10400 on: December 14, 2012, 05:48:47 pm »

PP: The recent shooting in Connecticut, just horrible.

Related PP: American media is fucking retarded, the shooter died, and then all of a sudden everybody is blaming it on some Ryan Lanza guy who is still very much alive because everybody down there will believe anything Fox News says. And everybody is flipping shit down there because "Oh it must be video games!" and saying "We should have more strict gun control!" and my personal favorite "He killed everybody because god has been taken out of schools!". Gun control won't solve anything, there was a similar case in China very recently, a kid with a knife killed 20-something others. A KNIFE. Maybe you guys should have knife control too? Christ I'm glad I don't live in America.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10401 on: December 14, 2012, 06:14:01 pm »

The worst part about all the American media is the reporters going up to the children and asking them to RELIVE this trauma so everyone else can know.
Let's reiterate that these children were from the ages of 5-10. Horrible.
And how they revealed the name of the shooter was unprofessional imo. It's not the younger brother's fault, what the hell does he have to do with any of this? Their mother was a teacher there as well, so ugh. It's terrible. And so is the incident in China.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10402 on: December 14, 2012, 06:20:11 pm »

Okay
What happened today was gutwrenchingly awful
Can we please not talk about it here? Its kinda freaking me out and I don't know why.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10403 on: December 14, 2012, 06:23:29 pm »

The worst part about all the American media is the reporters going up to the children and asking them to RELIVE this trauma so everyone else can know.
Let's reiterate that these children were from the ages of 5-10. Horrible.
And how they revealed the name of the shooter was unprofessional imo. It's not the younger brother's fault, what the hell does he have to do with any of this? Their mother was a teacher there as well, so ugh. It's terrible. And so is the incident in China.
Yeah it's just disgusting, those poor kids are gonna be traumatized, and those reporters are not helping at all. And I really hope the younger brother sues their asses off.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10404 on: December 14, 2012, 08:52:48 pm »

Gun control won't solve anything, there was a similar case in China very recently, a kid with a knife killed 20-something others. A KNIFE. Maybe you guys should have knife control too?
Right? I mean, it's like, people die in car accidents all the time, I can't believe they don't control who can go buy a car.

Gun control isn't stupid, gun nuts are just fucking insane and throw a fit because people want to take away their toys. Christ fucking alive, people, it doesn't matter if someone killed 70 people with a knife, that changes absolutely nothing about guns. GUNS ARE STILL WEAPONS. THEY STILL EXIST TO KILL. Just because you have fun pimping out a fucking ridiculous AR so you can go and shoot it at a range doesn't mean that it's not dangerous and they should be readily available for everyone. Yeah, you can kill someone with a knife. You can kill someone with a fucking car. But those things are essential to modern life. How often do you need a gun, exactly? Oh, when someone breaks into your house? Oh, yeah, you definitely need a high powered rifle to stop someone, nevermind that you'll probably wind up wrecking your own shit a thousand times worse than the robber was going to do, it's totally necessary.

As for Ryan Lanza, the reason he was being blamed is because someone linked his Facebook profile to the media, and yeah, they're fucking stupid so they jump on it to be able to break the news faster than anyone else.

And just because Fox News says something doesn't mean that Americans eat that shit up. The only debate I've heard was "Gun control". That's it. Yeah, there are some fucking lunatics jumping for joy because Mike Huckabee said that it was because of a lack of religion in schools, but guess what. Those people are fucking idiots and 90% of us will agree.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10405 on: December 14, 2012, 09:42:27 pm »

I never said gun control is stupid, re-read what I said and you will find that I in fact did not say that. I'm not AGAINST gun control, ours is much more strict up here than in comparison to the states, it's not as easy to get an AR-15 up here as it is down here, and while not getting to shoot 30 round mags is a bummer, low-cap mags are for our own safety.
What I'm saying is if they DID enforce some kind of new gun control laws down there, it's not going to stop gun related crimes from happening, making it illegal won't make it magically disappear, it might hinder it, we certainly don't have them that often up here, but it hasn't stopped it, hell, just a few weeks ago there was a drive-by shooting in a larger nearby town, even if our guns were taken away entirely criminals would move on to the next best thing. What I'm getting at is people think it'll just disappear if you make it illegal, and I'm saying it won't.

How often do you need a gun, exactly?

If you hunt, probably a lot. Or if you do competition.

Oh, when someone breaks into your house? Oh, yeah, you definitely need a high powered rifle to stop someone, nevermind that you'll probably wind up wrecking your own shit a thousand times worse than the robber was going to do, it's totally necessary.
Okay, first of all, chances are unless you're some dumb redneck or a thug living in the hood, you'll know how to use that weapon effectively if that scenario were to arise. Unless you're just going rambo on the intruder I don't see how you'd end up wrecking your own shit, I think even the dumb redneck or thug would know all it takes is to point it at them and pull the trigger.

And just because a gun looks mean and scary or because the military uses it doesn't mean it actually is some sorta crazy high power gun. The gun itself doesn't matter, at all, it doesn't matter how much money you invest into pimping it out, all that matters is the size of the bullet that comes outta the barrel, and the bullet that comes out of the barrel of those ARs began as a sporting and hunting round, and then adopted for the military (Where it is often criticized for its poor effectiveness). The only thing that sets these "Assault weapons" apart from every other gun is aesthetics. A $300 rifle meant for shooting deer or paper targets can be just as effective as a $3000 AR-15.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10406 on: December 14, 2012, 10:18:33 pm »

Gun control won't solve anything, there was a similar case in China very recently, a kid with a knife killed 20-something others. A KNIFE. Maybe you guys should have knife control too? Christ I'm glad I don't live in America.

I feel like you should be able to understand why I assumed you were anti-gun control.

What I'm saying is if they DID enforce some kind of new gun control laws down there, it's not going to stop gun related crimes from happening, making it illegal won't make it magically disappear, it might hinder it, we certainly don't have them that often up here, but it hasn't stopped it, hell, just a few weeks ago there was a drive-by shooting in a larger nearby town, even if our guns were taken away entirely criminals would move on to the next best thing. What I'm getting at is people think it'll just disappear if you make it illegal, and I'm saying it won't.

That's the whole point of gun control... People don't think that it will magically make all gun crime stop. The point is to hinder it. To keep people from walking into stores, filling out a few sheets of paperwork, and then walking out a few days later with the most effective handheld weaponry that humanity has made up to this point in time.

If you hunt, probably a lot. Or if you do competition.

Hm. Leisure activities. Yeah, sounds legit, you're right, totally need them.

Okay, first of all, chances are unless you're some dumb redneck or a thug living in the hood, you'll know how to use that weapon effectively if that scenario were to arise. Unless you're just going rambo on the intruder I don't see how you'd end up wrecking your own shit, I think even the dumb redneck or thug would know all it takes is to point it at them and pull the trigger.

Ohhh, you're right, I forget that people can not only fire with 100% accuracy in high stress situations, they can also completely stop bullets as soon as their target is hit.

The only thing that sets these "Assault weapons" apart from every other gun is aesthetics.

So... A fully automatic rifle is the exact same as a bolt action hunting rifle? Good to know. I'll write that down.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10407 on: December 14, 2012, 10:37:37 pm »

I feel like you should be able to understand why I assumed you were anti-gun control.
T'was partly sarcasm, I guess its hard to convey on the internet.

That's the whole point of gun control... People don't think that it will magically make all gun crime stop. The point is to hinder it. To keep people from walking into stores, filling out a few sheets of paperwork, and then walking out a few days later with the most effective handheld weaponry that humanity has made up to this point in time.
Yeah that's true.

Hm. Leisure activities. Yeah, sounds legit, you're right, totally need them.
Yeah I guess hunting for sustenance is totally unnecessary, I mean, we don't need food, do we? And hobbies? Psh, don't need those.

Ohhh, you're right, I forget that people can not only fire with 100% accuracy in high stress situations, they can also completely stop bullets as soon as their target is hit.
If you know what you're doing, and keep your cool then you should have no problem, if you easily panic and own a gun for the sake of defending yourself, you probably shouldn't own one. And I'm not sure how much you know about guns, but bullets fragment when they enter the body, or if they're a higher velocity round, they'll pass through and make a small hole behind the target. Yup, your house is demolished, that little hole sure did a number. It's not like in the action movies where its a big fucking crater when a bullet lands, just a little tiny hole.

So... A fully automatic rifle is the exact same as a bolt action hunting rifle? Good to know. I'll write that down.
What are you? Some anti-gun soccer mom? But regardless, yes If you know to use it properly any gun can be used effectively regardless of what kind it is if you know how to use it. Also, I'm pretty sure it's really fucking difficult to get fully automatic weapons down there, I guess that's more a thing that varies on state though

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10408 on: December 14, 2012, 10:53:35 pm »

Yeah I guess hunting for sustenance is totally unnecessary, I mean, we don't need food, do we? And hobbies? Psh, don't need those.

People don't hunt for sustenance any more, they drive to the grocery store. And no, you don't NEED hobbies.

Yup, your house is demolished, that little hole sure did a number. It's not like in the action movies where its a big fucking crater when a bullet lands, just a little tiny hole.

And it totally stops at the hole in the wall, impossible that it goes anywhere else. Oh my, what a fool I am.

What are you? Some anti-gun soccer mom? But regardless, yes If you know to use it properly any gun can be used effectively regardless of what kind it is if you know how to use it. Also, I'm pretty sure it's really fucking difficult to get fully automatic weapons down there, I guess that's more a thing that varies on state though

But you don't have to know how to use it properly. If you had to learn to prove that you know how to use a gun properly, Ding ding ding, gun control.

And still, after all of this is said and done, I still don't understand why people think they need guns. Every single person I've talked to on the topic just kind of wiggles around the topic and bickers semantics or just starts shouting "SECOND AMENDMENT SECOND AMENDMENT" until I get fed up with half-assed excuses and just quit. For the record, I'm not anti-gun, I just think there's a fucking line. I don't know. I can honestly say that I will never understand gun enthusiasts, and I don't think they'll ever understand what anyone else is trying to say.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10409 on: December 14, 2012, 11:14:02 pm »

People don't hunt for sustenance any more, they drive to the grocery store.
Wut. People still do, all the time. Hunting is huge around here, my neighbors do it, hell, my grandfather brings us down some fish or deer from time to time. I usually only see 3 types of meats when I go to the grocery store, pig, chicken, cow. Sometimes a guy just wants some bison or some moose (Bison is hella tasty, I might add).

And it totally stops at the hole in the wall, impossible that it goes anywhere else. Oh my, what a fool I am.
Most people use shotguns or handguns as home defense, so unless your house is made of paper, that bullet or those pellets will likely stop at the wall if they don't stop at the body, they're not just gonna keep on going and going, there's lots of shit in walls that can stop that from going through. And even then, if you are using a rifle or something, I doubt that bullet will go far, if anywhere at all, if it does somehow manage to get through that wall.

But you don't have to know how to use it properly. If you had to learn to prove that you know how to use a gun properly, Ding ding ding, gun control.
That's a good point, I forgot that they don't do gun safety classes down there.

And still, after all of this is said and done, I still don't understand why people think they need guns. Every single person I've talked to on the topic just kind of wiggles around the topic and bickers semantics or just starts shouting "SECOND AMENDMENT SECOND AMENDMENT" until I get fed up with half-assed excuses and just quit. For the record, I'm not anti-gun, I just think there's a fucking line. I don't know. I can honestly say that I will never understand gun enthusiasts, and I don't think they'll ever understand what anyone else is trying to say.
You can say literally the same thing to just about anything else and still get the same answer. "Why do you think you need those video games?" "Why do you think you need that computer?" "Why do you think you need those books?", you won't get a straight answer, nobody needs any of it, it's just nice to have because it gives us something to do. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:16:09 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 750   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: