The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 24, 2014, 06:02:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 748   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 731414 times)
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10410 on: December 14, 2012, 11:15:29 pm »

I've been doing some thinking about gun ownership, and I understand it a bit better. That being said, gun nuts still piss me off. Someone on my facebook posted a picture that said "Guns don't make you a killer, killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a bat or car, but nobody is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game."

What. Do you guys really believe that crap? I mean, yeah, owning a gun does not make you a killer by any means (Unless, of course, you're using it to murder someone), but come the fuck on. A bat is for baseball. A car is for driving. A gun is for killing. You can use a car to hold a door open, you can use a bat to paint a house, you can use a gun to hammer nails, but at the end of the day, a bat is for baseball, a car is for driving, and a gun is for killing. I mean, shit, people. When you pick up a gun, you are literally holding a death machine in your hands. A device created to inflict death upon other things. I really really doubt that the inventor of the firearm was thinking "Oh boy, I sure am excited to shoot at papers with shapes of human beings on them!" If you're going to own a gun, at least treat it with the respect it deserves. And if you disagree with that, someone should come and take your guns away. Because you're a fucking idiot.

Now both of you, seriously, drop it.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10411 on: December 14, 2012, 11:17:36 pm »

We're just having a friendly debate, Stan, no need to get your nickers in a twist.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10412 on: December 14, 2012, 11:22:42 pm »

We're just having a friendly debate, Stan, no need to get your nickers in a twist.

Yes, this is getting into a quite a discussion that would be inevitable. And frankly, this won't be the end of the discussion for a while. 

I'm just going to throw this out there. I am very new to the state of Oregon and the gun laws are VERY different from the ones in Virginia. People here are allowed to carry concealed weapons and frankly that bothers me. Why? The other day, some idiot that had the EVER LOVING NEED to bring his gun to a tool shop LEFT IT IN THE BATHROOM. Now, I don't care if it was concealed or not, ANYONE could have picked up that weapon. We were lucky that the person that found it was a hunter himself and kept it on his person until the cops showed up. Now, where I live, there are lots and lots of people who use drugs and young children quite frequent our store. Our store only has four cameras and at any point if it wasn't that hunter, it would have been a freakin' tweeker that could've grabbed the gun and took my manager (or anyone else in the store) hostage. Or a child who found it and let it go off.  Many scenarios went through our heads that day.

Then the guy came in all angry that we called the cops. No, I'm fucking sorry you LEFT A WEAPON IN OUR BATHROOM THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR. If you are too stupid to forget it in the bathroom, then you shouldn't be carrying it around, hell even ALLOWED a weapon. The guy was getting hostile to the man that found it and I'm glad that the cops came when they did. Now, I used to hunt, my father and grandfather are hunters. When I was growing up, my grandfather had his weapons locked up because of us (the grandkids). I'm not stating that we get rid of guns permanently, but at least a stricter way of getting access and a evaluation of the person buying them.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10413 on: December 14, 2012, 11:27:55 pm »

The whole conceal carry thing is something I'm on the fence about. I understand some places are just ugly places, and you'd want to carry something to defend yourself, hell, I carry a folding knife around, but if a CC permit is something anybody can get... then that's a bunch of jumpy tinfoil hats carrying guns, and sometimes guns will just make a situation worse than it actually is.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10414 on: December 14, 2012, 11:30:46 pm »

Wut. People still do, all the time. Hunting is huge around here, my neighbors do it, hell, my grandfather brings us down some fish or deer from time to time. I usually only see 3 types of meats when I go to the grocery store, pig, chicken, cow. Sometimes a guy just wants some bison or some moose (Bison is hella tasty, I might add).

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that people can just go buy food now. They don't have to go out and shoot things. They still do because it's relaxing or whatever the fuck.

You can say literally the same thing to just about anything else and still get the same answer. "Why do you think you need those video games?" "Why do you think you need that computer?" "Why do you think you need those books?", you won't get a straight answer, nobody needs any of it, it's just nice to have because it gives us something to do. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

And lo, the stopping point of every debate I've ever had about guns. They need to be controlled because people think they're just more leisure items, more toys. They aren't. Gun control isn't for taking away your fun. It's to make it harder for people to get (and I cannot stress this enough) the most effective handheld weapon ever made by human beings. You don't NEED books, but a book isn't designed to kill. You don't NEED video games, but a video game isn't designed to kill. You understand where I'm going.

Ninja'd. Stan beat me to it.

And as for the concealed carry thing, I'm with Yut. I'm really on the fence about it.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10415 on: December 14, 2012, 11:36:38 pm »

Yeah you make good points. But like I said to stan, wasn't trying to argue or anything, just friendly debate.

You guys just need to have laws more like us. Can still have fun without losin' YER MERICAN FREEDUM. Though some of our gun laws are a bit silly, some guns are banned here, literally because "I saw this gun in a movie and it looked mean so people shouldn't be allowed to have them.". On the other hand though, it'd basically be political suicide if say, Obama was to put in motion gun control.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10416 on: December 14, 2012, 11:37:31 pm »

Yeah, the concealed weapon thing is kinda scary here because the store literally two blocks down sells shotguns and ammunition. And it's a grocery store. I haven't seen that since it was banned in New York at Wal-Mart and stuff.

The whole conceal carry thing is something I'm on the fence about. I understand some places are just ugly places, and you'd want to carry something to defend yourself, hell, I carry a folding knife around, but if a CC permit is something anybody can get... then that's a bunch of jumpy tinfoil hats carrying guns, and sometimes guns will just make a situation worse than it actually is.

Absolutely, I carry a couple of knives on me because it's easier to conceal (and I don't want to buy a gun. I work for the post office now and my fingerprints are in CODIS). I usually carry my swiss army and then a larger knife, but i usually leave the larger knife at home. But with the recent events, the bigger knife will probably be back in my pocket. So I dunno, we'll see what happens.

Yeah, we need to have more gun laws, but of course everyone is going to get all pissed off about it, which sucks. I am all for the 2nd amendment, but once again the Constitution is something that needs to really be revamped for everything that is going on TODAY, not back in the 18th century.

PP: I have to work tomorrow. booooooo

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10417 on: December 15, 2012, 12:09:44 am »

Absolutely, I carry a couple of knives on me because it's easier to conceal (and I don't want to buy a gun. I work for the post office now and my fingerprints are in CODIS). I usually carry my swiss army and then a larger knife, but i usually leave the larger knife at home. But with the recent events, the bigger knife will probably be back in my pocket. So I dunno, we'll see what happens.
I currently just carry one'a these shitty Smith & Wesson folding knives I got through work. It's made in china from bad steel, but it's useful as a tool and I'm sure as a weapon if need be. Though I'm hoping to get one'a these guys sometime soon, a Spyderco Centofante III, british made, very popular and respected brand. After a girl I graduated was straight up murdered here in our quaint little town I don't wanna take any chances, that, and there's tons of stupid teenagers doing drugs here.

Yeah, we need to have more gun laws, but of course everyone is going to get all pissed off about it, which sucks. I am all for the 2nd amendment, but once again the Constitution is something that needs to really be revamped for everything that is going on TODAY, not back in the 18th century.
Yeah I'm pretty sure when the founding fathers wrote the second amendmant they only had muskets and shit in mind, and not AR-15s and DEAGLE BRAND DEAGLES WITH BABY SEEKING ASSAULT BOOLITS.

PP: I need a real job. >:C

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10418 on: December 15, 2012, 01:21:01 am »

I currently just carry one'a these shitty Smith & Wesson folding knives I got through work. It's made in china from bad steel, but it's useful as a tool and I'm sure as a weapon if need be. Though I'm hoping to get one'a these guys sometime soon, a Spyderco Centofante III, british made, very popular and respected brand. After a girl I graduated was straight up murdered here in our quaint little town I don't wanna take any chances, that, and there's tons of stupid teenagers doing drugs here.

This is mine. One of the reasons that I like carrying this one is that it has a glass breaker and seat belt cutter. It's a Smith and Wesson "extreme ops" knife. Also, I work where we also sell machetes at the low low price of 3.99. They are sharp and fekkin reliable. What you need a machete here for I HAVE NO IDEA, but we gots them.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10419 on: December 15, 2012, 02:00:38 am »

PP: PS2 is acting up with it's green dots and specks on the screen on the good TV whenever something happens. But Odin Sphere on a good sized, non-fatass 90s tv will look so damn good  He love you long time

Ninja'd: 863
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10420 on: December 15, 2012, 05:10:52 pm »

PP: Brother's Ex-Girlf still got kirby air ride.

Bitch, thats my childhood you best give it back.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10421 on: December 15, 2012, 05:43:16 pm »

I guess if 2003 is your childhood, sure.

HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10422 on: December 15, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »

Remember Grandpa Yut, Stan is younger than you.

PP: Don't know if these new fangled non-fatass Tellies can have Genny hooked up to them but got everything hooked up to it apart from that.

Ninja'd: 863
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10423 on: December 15, 2012, 11:52:56 pm »

I guess if 2003 is your childhood, sure.

I am actually sick of you. Quit it.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10424 on: December 16, 2012, 01:06:54 am »

I am actually sick of you. Quit it.
You're "Sick" of me? What the actual fuck have I done to you lately? I haven't done anything to you at all. What I just said was sarcastic, I was joking, I know it's hard to convey emotion on the internet but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Also, you're the one getting butthurt when people start having friendly debates/discussions like log and I just did.

Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 748   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: