The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 19, 2014, 10:25:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: But I didn't mean to...

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 750   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 856818 times)
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #10590 on: February 10, 2013, 04:24:28 am »

(click to show/hide)

PP2 : At the flat, we're currently packing our stuff, preparing to move to a different city, this is kinda depressing...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:30:35 am by FireFog » Logged

Engrish as second language
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10591 on: February 10, 2013, 06:15:58 am »

Ouch. Reading that lot made me think of a bloke in a balaclava swinging in through the window to fix Sam Lowrey's ducts...

PP: This t'internet connection. It says 58.0 Mbps but the ping test says .1 Meg upload and about the same down. The old connection gave about 7Mbps with comparable up-and-down speeds. Await engineer to investigate as line tests reveal it ain't dat and me being up all hours testing and tweaking wi-fi shows it ain't dis...

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10592 on: February 10, 2013, 08:08:56 pm »

Protip: go to every restaurant near you--literally all of them--and apply for a job as a dishwasher. Trust me when I say that, for the most part, most dishwashers don't last long at all. So if they're not looking for one at the moment you apply, they'll be looking for one in the near future.
The place I worked at last fall had four diswashers, me and three other guys. Two got fired, and the only reason they didn't fire a third was because he was a roommate/close friend of the kitchen manager.
Being a dishwasher is barely a step up from being unemployed, but it's something, and many places pay them better than minimum wage because it's such a rough job. And if you're not a shithead, the rest of the kitchen staff will like you because the kitchen staff appreciates and understands the kind of shitty job a dishwasher has. In addition, you could eventually become a cook if you pay attention to what goes on in the kitchen, or a server if you prove you have the personality and work ethic, and both of those jobs pay a good bit better. Hell, even if you just move up to busser it's an improvement because in a lot of places servers have to giver a certain percentage of tips with the bus boys. At the restaurant I worked at, bus boys could go home with $500 on the busiest nights.

this is basically exactly what I am doing.

The lady doesn't like the idea of me working 4 nights a week, but if that's the case, then so be it. HOWEVER! DO YOUR WORST, ADVERSITY! I AM A SCHOLAR OF YOUR DEFEAT!!

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10593 on: February 10, 2013, 10:18:11 pm »

She doesn't like you working four nights out of the week?

What's she going to do when you get a full time job?

At least, that's what I think.
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #10594 on: February 10, 2013, 10:29:43 pm »

this is basically exactly what I am doing.

The lady doesn't like the idea of me working 4 nights a week, but if that's the case, then so be it. HOWEVER! DO YOUR WORST, ADVERSITY! I AM A SCHOLAR OF YOUR DEFEAT!!

Hell, four nights a week ain't bad, and there's a good chance you wouldn't be working more than six hours a night, at most. A standard shift at the restaurant I work at is six hours. A bunch of people work less than that, and very few work more and only if they've specifically asked for it.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10595 on: February 10, 2013, 10:44:52 pm »

I work anywhere from 3 to 7 days a week, depending upon the time of year. Most of the year it's five or six, and I work eight hour days.

AND TO GET TO WORK I HAVE TO WALK FIVE MILES IN THE SNOW UPHILL.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10596 on: February 10, 2013, 11:41:19 pm »

both ways? Damn man, mines just a ten minute jaunt from the traaain station!

And trust me, four nights a week when you're also doing school that runs from 7-330 doesnt sound none too exciting.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10597 on: February 10, 2013, 11:46:40 pm »

Oh. I forgot you were still in school. Okay, carry on then.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10598 on: February 11, 2013, 05:37:35 pm »

I feel like I'm drifting away from this beautiful forum!

You don't even know me anymore! D:

PP: I dont know what I feel. But it is similar to exhaustion.

Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10599 on: February 12, 2013, 04:54:08 am »

PP: North Korea has made successful nuclear test.

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10600 on: February 12, 2013, 05:12:04 am »

PP: Aliens Colonial Marines is getting horrible reviews and I have a sad.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10601 on: February 12, 2013, 07:49:34 am »

Ditto Sad
PP: Nice weather,no school and i have to do homework.

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid… and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10602 on: February 12, 2013, 07:53:32 am »

That does make me sad, that game had so much potential.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10603 on: February 12, 2013, 12:42:49 pm »

PP: When you're hungry and trying to keep the growls on the down low, your stomach rips a lion's roar.

Ninja'd: 863
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: February 12, 2013, 11:16:16 pm »

Protip: go to every restaurant near you--literally all of them--and apply for a job as a dishwasher. Trust me when I say that, for the most part, most dishwashers don't last long at all. So if they're not looking for one at the moment you apply, they'll be looking for one in the near future.
The place I worked at last fall had four diswashers, me and three other guys. Two got fired, and the only reason they didn't fire a third was because he was a roommate/close friend of the kitchen manager.
Being a dishwasher is barely a step up from being unemployed, but it's something, and many places pay them better than minimum wage because it's such a rough job. And if you're not a shithead, the rest of the kitchen staff will like you because the kitchen staff appreciates and understands the kind of shitty job a dishwasher has. In addition, you could eventually become a cook if you pay attention to what goes on in the kitchen, or a server if you prove you have the personality and work ethic, and both of those jobs pay a good bit better. Hell, even if you just move up to busser it's an improvement because in a lot of places servers have to giver a certain percentage of tips with the bus boys. At the restaurant I worked at, bus boys could go home with $500 on the busiest nights.

This, only being a dishwasher is only bad depending on where you work. I do dish for an upscale catering company and a cafe owned by the same company, and make a few bucks more than minimum wage at either. And a good attitude will really take you a long way. I went in with no experience, but I worked my ass off and was friendly to everyone. Now they love the shit out of me, I prep food, and I get to help out at events doing more than just dish.

But yes, it's not terribly difficult work. It just kind of sucks. But like Cobalt said, don't be a shithead. And aim to be better than the ones before you. It helps.
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 750   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: