The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 16, 2014, 10:06:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 748   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 725801 times)
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10860 on: August 05, 2013, 01:11:56 pm »

AP/PP: Free Jager

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #10861 on: August 05, 2013, 03:07:05 pm »

PP: my wrists are messed up again. All because my step-grandfather ran over some cloth mesh with his riding lawnmower, and I had to help push it and lift it so my brother could cut the mesh free from the blades. I almost feel disabled- can't play games, drive, do dishes, etc, without feeling sore or a tingly sensation.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10862 on: August 05, 2013, 07:13:19 pm »

PP: If I knew how important math would be in the real world I would have payed more attention in math class and challenged myself to take one of the higher level classes. But instead I screwed myself over by not giving a rats ass and now I've closed myself off from lots of potential career choices. I fucking hate life.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10863 on: August 07, 2013, 04:17:59 pm »

PP: with only one day off a week and a separation anxiety dog, I now went from having quite a good social life to zero social life. being an adult sucks.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10864 on: August 07, 2013, 05:34:09 pm »

PP: When someone who has never had to pay their own way for anything tries to tell me that I can't live comfortably unless I get a Master's degree or PhD. When you have had to sleep on a floor and had no idea where you would be sleeping the next night you kinda redefine what it means to live comfortably. For me living comfortably would be having all my bills paid on time, having a bed to sleep in, and having food to eat. And maybe one or two new video games a year or money to go out occasionally. I don't need more than that. But he thinks living comfortably means having a big house with all the nicest stuff and being able to go one overseas vacations and shit. To me that isn't comfort that is being lavish.

TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10865 on: August 09, 2013, 08:52:09 am »

PP:  My physical Shadowrun Returns swag got delayed again.  Apparently the publisher for the hardcover anthology is way behind schedule and they don't want to ship the swag seperately.  I want my t-shirt and Doc Wagon card gorramit...

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10866 on: August 09, 2013, 11:37:11 am »

PP: What the hell university course selection? I go and sign up for my courses months before and only now do you tell me after the schedule that I am only signed up for three out of four courses.
Unless I signed up for three... but I thought I signed up for four. But at least they're all on separate days, except it's 8 AM or 9 AM.

Revised PP: The course I'm missing conflicts with a course I'm already taking because economics courses are always in the bloody morning. The course I'm missing, I don't know where it fits in but damn, now I have to find some course to take in it's place.

Not really a PP but it's convenient to put here: I may have a solution. If by the time my enrollment date rolls around and it's still free, I can either take it on Friday morning, turning my schedule into a one class per day bonanza excluding Monday or take it on Tuesday afternoon, having three to four hours in between classes.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:00:04 pm by HK-47 » Logged

Ninja'd: 863
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #10867 on: August 09, 2013, 10:06:17 pm »

PP: This crazy bitch at work was ordering me around all day, so eventually I got kind of snarky and said "I do what I want!" This whore fucking ratted on me to the GM! Luckily he realized it was kind of a joke she couldn't take (on account of her being insane) but god dammit, this isn't the fourth grade.

Related AP: It's a pretty satisfying feeling to walk in on someone tattling on you and being able to go "wait a damn second." And then the boss taking your side is even better.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #10868 on: August 09, 2013, 11:05:02 pm »

PP: I've been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, and I can't really reach any other goals in life until i get this crap taken taken care of, which would most likely result in surgery on both wrists because. Sure, the swelling might go down after awhile again, but it'll just happen again and again if I'm not careful and because I may have inherited my mom's narrow carpal tunnel.

This also means NO GAMES. Cry

related AP: two specialty doc appointments in the week after next, and I'll figure out what to do.

PP: I made a health-meter bookmark for an internet friend, and all I requested in return is a stamp. A single stamp in which to put on the envelope containing the bookmark. Even though I've reminded him nicely multiple times, he hasn't sent me anything. He seems to still want it, yet it's been over a year. Deadline time. >:{

Related PP: I seem to be an easily forgettable person.
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #10869 on: August 10, 2013, 07:30:52 am »

Syn- if you can find a competent one in your area, maybe see if you can go to a chiropractor to have him work over your wrists? The swelling *may* be manageable by making sure your wrists are adjusted*.

If the surgery that's done now is similar to the kind our friend had done, it's irreversible, and has some side effects for what he can do with his hands, like strength when manipulating things at certain angles. Though that might be less of an issue for you depending on what you do- for him this is largely limited to fatigue when doing a lot of constant mouse-clicking, and loss of leverage when doing car work from some positions.

I just mention this because Jenny sometimes gets similar symptoms, but so far hers can be managed by visits to the chiropractor and the occasional wrist tape.

*an adjustment is basically just making sure all the bones are lined up in the correct spots. If you've ever cracked your knuckles or popped your back, that's what that is. There're a surprisingly large number of ways your bits and pieces can come out of joint without you necessarily noticing.

PP: Just read yesterday that according to some studies, birds have a flicker threshold around 100Hz. What does this mean? Well, humans have a threshold around 50Hz, give or take a bit. That's why movies shown at 48Hz- that is, 48 frames per second- appear to be more fluid than the conventional Hollywood 24fps. This is also why fluorescent lights (if they're working properly!) appear, to us, to cast a solid light. They're flickering at 60Hz just like the current in the wall outlet, but that's faster than we can readily perceive. Unfortunately, this means that for the birds, fluorescent light is essentially a constant strobe-light effect. Meaning I was a bad pet owner, and my poor birds must've had a rough time of things after we switched to CFLs in our house. They've all since passed away, save an angry African grey owned by my folks, so it's not like I can go and replace all the bulbs for them now. That had to be really uncomfortable Sad
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10870 on: August 13, 2013, 02:11:40 pm »

PP: I took a nap and this fucker from my childhood made a visit. I can't sleep anymore.

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10871 on: August 13, 2013, 06:02:31 pm »

PP: So I learned the numerous issues I've been having with YouTube aren't YouTube's fault, it's my ISP. Apparently lots of Internet Service Providers will do something to YouTube links that'll save the ISP money (Sorry for the vagueness, not sure about the technical details of it), but as a result it makes YouTube slow as shit. Just so they can save a few bucks.

Related PP: Though I don't think the ISP is to blame for how shitty the YouTube UI has been recently.

Alex
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

djurico_666@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: August 14, 2013, 07:24:51 pm »

PP: Close friend cut all ties with me. I have no fucking idea what to do.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10873 on: August 15, 2013, 06:23:18 pm »

PP: I think my friend is upset now that I've realized I'm not really a Friends With Benefits person. :I

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: August 16, 2013, 10:09:36 pm »

PP: Still can't escape the mindset that buying things for myself is selfish and a waste of money.

Whatever, these new shoes are bitchin'.
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 748   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: