The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 23, 2014, 05:03:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 750   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 820514 times)
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #10935 on: September 13, 2013, 09:45:53 am »

I totally agree, I'm still pissed about the "One more day" storyline where they retconned Spidey's marriage out of existence.  Because returning to a fotry year old statsu quo was the way to go?  You keep telling yourself that...

It wasn't a forty year status quo though. Peter was married for 20 years, and spent 25 years prior to that unmarried. He spend the better half of his life married and it was ruined because some guy in editorial thinks the stories were better when Peter was single. Never mind that Aunt May had died in two previous stories and both of them were well received until Marvel copped out and brought her back in some weird way.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10936 on: September 13, 2013, 01:43:07 pm »

PP: My girlfriend had to leave her rats with me when she moved, and I didn't mind as long as she'd come back and actually take care of them. The problem is, she's not, and my room is starting to fucking reek of rat shit, and I'm starting to find roaches. And, of course, she isn't responding to any of my texts because she's at a fucking anime convention. I'll change their food, and I'll fill their water, but I didn't buy myself four god damn rats. I've already had to change their fucking cage stuff twice. God fucking damn it, when she gets back from that con she needs to start completely cleaning their cage once a week or they need to go somewhere else.

At least, that's what I think.
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: September 13, 2013, 08:06:07 pm »

PP: My girlfriend had to leave her rats with me when she moved, and I didn't mind as long as she'd come back and actually take care of them. The problem is, she's not, and my room is starting to fucking reek of rat shit, and I'm starting to find roaches. And, of course, she isn't responding to any of my texts because she's at a fucking anime convention. I'll change their food, and I'll fill their water, but I didn't buy myself four god damn rats. I've already had to change their fucking cage stuff twice. God fucking damn it, when she gets back from that con she needs to start completely cleaning their cage once a week or they need to go somewhere else.
I can already see a post, tomorrow, in the Anti-Peeve thread.
"AP: Owning a snake."
or
"AP: Borrowing a friend's snake for a week."
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10938 on: September 13, 2013, 09:33:14 pm »

It wasn't a forty year status quo though. Peter was married for 20 years, and spent 25 years prior to that unmarried. He spend the better half of his life married and it was ruined because some guy in editorial thinks the stories were better when Peter was single. Never mind that Aunt May had died in two previous stories and both of them were well received until Marvel copped out and brought her back in some weird way.
I meant turning back the status quo to what it had been forty years before was ridiculous.  Pete and MJ's marriage has been a huge part of his character and had been one of the things that made him one of the more believable hero's in the Marvel universe.  And geez, the guy accidentally killed his first love, it was nice to see something nice happen to him.  If they really wanted Spidey to be single again they could have done another sinister six storyline where MK either gets killed in the fallout or finally leaves him like she threatened to do in one of the early sinister six battles when she accused him of being suicidal and not caring about how his superheroing affected her.  That would have been better character growth either way than "oooh, magic, we just changed almost 30 years of continuity so all your favorite stories?  Probably never happened."  Thanks guys...

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10939 on: September 13, 2013, 11:01:15 pm »

PP: When you're playing a really good game and the controller dies.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: September 14, 2013, 12:23:00 am »

I meant turning back the status quo to what it had been forty years before was ridiculous.  Pete and MJ's marriage has been a huge part of his character and had been one of the things that made him one of the more believable hero's in the Marvel universe.  And geez, the guy accidentally killed his first love, it was nice to see something nice happen to him.  If they really wanted Spidey to be single again they could have done another sinister six storyline where MK either gets killed in the fallout or finally leaves him like she threatened to do in one of the early sinister six battles when she accused him of being suicidal and not caring about how his superheroing affected her.  That would have been better character growth either way than "oooh, magic, we just changed almost 30 years of continuity so all your favorite stories?  Probably never happened."  Thanks guys...
You know she confessed that she loved him in Spider Island? It's not even going to stick!
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #10941 on: September 15, 2013, 07:00:29 am »

PP : Increased aggressiveness against most people I know. Encountering at last success in my professional life has been the trigger for me to stop being the janitor of everyone's life (that is to say, to be the one called every time to fix what's wrong, and still be the one to be criticized)... what I say : stop moping, start kicking ass ! Tongue

Unfortunately, that means parting with most of my so-called "friends", and having one more time to have the role of the bad selfish guy because I can't sacrifice my life being an aide... At last I'm given the occasion to build my life the way I want, so hell with others !

Engrish as second language
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10942 on: September 15, 2013, 01:51:49 pm »

PP: When people join a game I'm playing without asking or saying anything.

PP II: When people who do join my game fail to mention they're not joining alone. I don't want to play with your shitlord brother, man. I don't care if he's in the navy, he's a fucking shitlord. Everyone hated him before he joined the navy too.

PP III: People who don't understand "Objectives" in video games. You can stand on the enemy spawn and murder them the entire time, that's fine, but it doesn't mean shit if the others get to the objective and destroy it because you left the one person with no offensive skills to defend it.

At least, that's what I think.
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #10943 on: September 16, 2013, 10:28:07 pm »

PP: I CAN'T GET MY CAPS LOCK KEY TO TURN OFF. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. HELP

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #10944 on: September 17, 2013, 03:39:19 pm »

Lmao omg! Not a whole lot makes me literally "lol" when I'm surfing the internets. I think you've made my day. XD
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #10945 on: September 18, 2013, 09:48:24 pm »

Lmao omg! Not a whole lot makes me literally "lol" when I'm surfing the internets. I think you've made my day. XD

Haha well I'm glad you enjoyed it. I went on some like iDraw website or some shit like that, and I turned on capslock but it wouldn't turn off. I had to restart my computer.

PP: I drank all my beer Sad
PP #2: They don't make Shock Top Raspberry Wheat in 12 packs, as far as I know
PP #3: My grandmother died today, and I'm drowing my grief in mid-tier wheat beer. I think I might have a problem.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10946 on: September 18, 2013, 09:55:44 pm »

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #10947 on: September 18, 2013, 11:13:08 pm »

Aw man, I'm really sorry to hear that, MC.
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: September 19, 2013, 03:40:24 pm »

My condolences, Cobalt.

PP: Best friend is finally a free man today after six months, but in the days leading up to it, I didn't really feel anything. No excitement or anything. Now he's out and I still don't really feel anything, other than slight annoyance that he called me multiple times while I was at work. I still haven't called him back.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10949 on: September 19, 2013, 03:44:44 pm »

You're obviously a little done with him. Its sad, but it happens to anyone.

PP: I hate the people I love. They all don't deserve it.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 750   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: