The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 20, 2014, 05:21:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you want me to drive?  'Cause I can drive y' know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 750   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 816380 times)
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11130 on: January 27, 2014, 04:26:45 pm »

PP: My first car accident. I lost control of my Volvo when i came too fast to intersection end up in to snow pile. Volvo and i are okay and i managed to get it out of the pile easily.

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11131 on: January 27, 2014, 06:02:46 pm »

Yikes, glad you're okay, man!

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11132 on: January 28, 2014, 09:17:56 pm »

Snow piles make for some Asshole drivers.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Alex
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

djurico_666@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: January 30, 2014, 10:26:28 pm »

PP: Frustrated with everything.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11134 on: January 31, 2014, 04:35:00 pm »

PP: Have to make it 3 months on $300... I spend $80 a week alone on gas.

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: February 02, 2014, 07:55:22 am »

PP: Missing out on you guys.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11136 on: February 06, 2014, 09:06:46 am »

PP: I just read a joystiq article saying that MGS Ground Zeroes can be completed in 4 hours. And no, I don't just mean the main campaign, I mean sidequests too.. That game is going to cost 40 fucking dollars. According to a few comments I read (to be yaken with a grain of salt) the main story is "find this guy", and if you know where he is, you can just go to him. Apparently the record is 5 minutes.

A konami rep said "Are Journey and Dear Esther long?" Fuck you, buddy, Dear Esther isn't a real fucking game. Also, both of those things are less than half the cost of your fucking fan rip-off.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:20:44 am by Log! » Logged

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11137 on: February 06, 2014, 09:21:57 am »

As much as I love metal gear I'm gonna wait and see what the reviews say.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11138 on: February 06, 2014, 10:13:03 am »

Even the early MGS games are shorter than they should be.  They don't feel like it due to the excruciatingly long cut scenes but if you replay them and skip the cut scenes, they are freaking short.  I'm pretty sure I beat MGS 2 in less than three hours once.  (I replayed the hell out of it for reasons that escape me now because the game sucked balls.  Oh wait, I remember.  It was the game I bought a PS2 for and bludgeoned myself over the head with it, beating it on every difficulty, collecting all the items, etc because 1. it was the only game I had for the system at the time and 2. I was damn well going to get my money's worth from the stupid thing.)  I assume MGS 4 is more of the same but I never finished it, my experience with the game was a handful of actual gameplay, none of which were longer than fifteen minutes (they could have been even shorter but I explore like crazy) seperated by cut scenes, the shortest of which was a half an hour.  How about no? 

I could rant for literally hours on how horrible I find the design and implementation of MGS 2 and 4 (I liked 3but I seriously think it was made as an apology to the fans for how much 2 sucked) but instead of ranting I'll just say, fuck Hideo Kojima.  He's a hack who is STILL riding the coattails of his earlier sucesses.  He is the only game designer I can think of who does worse as technology improves because he can't do anything to "limit" his creative vision.  The first MGS struck a better balance between game play and cinematic because of the limits of what they could cram on the discs back then plus it was a very cool glimpse at video games were capable of.  He should have quite while he was ahead.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11139 on: February 06, 2014, 02:37:54 pm »

I liked 3 but I seriously think it was made as an apology to the fans for how much 2 sucked

If I remember correctly, he did it because a few people sent letters that said "If you don't make another one, I'll fucking murder you." So... Yeah, kinda.

I assume MGS 4 is more of the same but I never finished it, my experience with the game was a handful of actual gameplay, none of which were longer than fifteen minutes (they could have been even shorter but I explore like crazy) seperated by cut scenes, the shortest of which was a half an hour.  How about no? 

This is pretty much MGS4. There are cutscenes that are literally feature film length, and you barely get to play at all. But hey, when you shake the controller during a codec scene with a female, her boobs will jiggle! So... Yeah!

PP: I cannot possibly be cool. There's an offsite contractor working with us today, and they're around pretty often. I happened to notice that one of the girls that works with the company had been going out of her way to chat with me, and I was kind of doing the same thing, so eventually I approached the crew foreman (Who I get along with very very well), and pulled her aside. The conversation went like this.

"So, Gina. The really cute girl with the long brown hair... *I begin awkwardly trying to describe the girl's hair length with my hands* Is she... Is she uh... *Because I'm not thinking, I begin to hold my hands at about chest height, palms up, to show that the girl has long hair. She also has massive breasts, but these are not what I was trying to describe.* Is she..."
"My neice? Yes."
"Ah. Good genes, then."

Thankfully, she burst out laughing and told me that she might be able to work something out. So that's cool.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:49:18 pm by Log! » Logged

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11140 on: February 06, 2014, 07:18:28 pm »

If I remember correctly, he did it because a few people sent letters that said "If you don't make another one, I'll fucking murder you." So... Yeah, kinda.
I'm not sure how true that is, but I do know that Kojima really fucking likes to pander to the audiences. That's why Raiden exists, because female fans wanted a pretty boy.

Anyways, I think Peace Walker is probably my favorite of the Metal Gear games, the cutscenes aren't AS long as the others, the gameplay is solid, and there's LOTS of it. Tons and tons of side missions to do and little things to go back for. More content than any of the other games.

Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #11141 on: February 06, 2014, 08:01:27 pm »

PP: Car accident, yay! Lady did a U-turn at an intersection into my lane and I couldn't stop and hit her. 'Bout to get a free left front quarter panel, headlights, rental car, and maybe some pain and suffering courtesy of Nationwide insurance  He love you long time
That is, assuming they don't total my truck, which I guess is possible considering it's only worth about $2k and I'm not sure how much 1997 Chevy S10 quarter panels go for these days

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #11142 on: February 09, 2014, 03:51:41 pm »

If I understand it right, and I may not, I don't think the at-fault party's insurance company is allowed to write off the victim's vehicle unless it's just flat out not repairable at all. So, hopefully things will work out for you!

Car accidents suck :/
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #11143 on: February 09, 2014, 06:22:46 pm »

If I understand it right, and I may not, I don't think the at-fault party's insurance company is allowed to write off the victim's vehicle unless it's just flat out not repairable at all. So, hopefully things will work out for you!

Car accidents suck :/

I think they can if the repairs exceed the vehicle's book value which my truck isn't worth anywhere near the book value so I might be better off it they just total it.
What would be nice is if they would mark it totaled but let me keep it, like Allstate did with my uncle's car. They just wrote him a check for the value of it, although that might be because they couldn't find the parts not because it was unrepairable/expensive. But that was Allstate, and the company I'm dealing with is Nationwide who we've dealt with before with less than desirable end results.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Alex
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

djurico_666@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: February 10, 2014, 04:55:53 am »

PP: Goddammit.
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 750   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: