The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 29, 2014, 08:48:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 749   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 766162 times)
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11175 on: March 14, 2014, 11:02:58 am »

PP: Redditors.
"I like thing!"
"I respect your opinion, but I don't like thing, and here's my rational explanation as to why!"
"YOU DON'T LIKE THING? YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID"
"LE DOWNVOTES"

Jesus, this is why I prefer 4Chan.

This is why i just dont talk about anytihng

ever

I keep my pretty little mouth shut

and girls say nice things about how I look.

And then guys talk about in great detail what they wanna do with me and my body.

You people will objectify anything.

PP: ...Patriarchy

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11176 on: March 14, 2014, 11:56:32 am »

what.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11177 on: March 14, 2014, 09:17:09 pm »

I don't know if it's exactly a PP but I don't get pharmacists.  Earlier this week was a classic example.  I took off work to get my possibly dislocated shoulder checked out (probably just hyperextended or slight muscle tear vs. dislocated but it still hurts like hell) and I get prescribed some industrial strength anti-inflammatory drugs (because the swelling was apparently pinching a nerve and making my arm go numb) and muscle relaxers.  OK, cool.  So I go to Wal-Mart, where the prescription has been called in already before I left the clinic.  It's still not even mid morning and Wally world is a ghost town, there's more people behind the presription counter (six, I counted) than customers in the whole store and yet I'm told it will take another 45 minutes to get my prescription filled.

Excuse me, why?  Why the fuck does it six fucking people 45 minutes to take pills out of a big jar, count them, and put them in a smaller container to hand to me?  The big jar is even labeled and everything.  I could do it myself in ten minutes if I counted them out using an abacus and hand wrote the label for the pill bottle. 

And they get cranky with you when you stand at the counter waiting.  Like maybe they're worried I'll notice it won't really take them 45 minutes?  "You can continue with your shopping," they say, "we'll page you when we have it ready."  Except I'm not shopping, I'm only there for the pills so I can take them and hopefully numb the pain enough so I can sleep.  So finally after about ten minutes or so of the whole gaggle of them just shuffling around and looking at me over their shoulders I go to the restroom. 

They page me before I'm even done washing my hands.  I swear to God, they had to be fucking with me.  Like I said, I don't get pharmacists.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:22:17 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11178 on: March 15, 2014, 09:34:55 pm »

what.

...Please have the strength that I lack, and look onto my ignorant bullshit with an open and objective and non argumentative mind.

(click to show/hide)

And yeah, back when I was on my pills, safeway would do the same thing to me. I mean, if I had any insight im sure I could understand why it takes them an hour to give me my meds, but I just kinda rolled with it. I mean, i gave them the note, they'd do their do and I'd go get a coffee with the mom n pops, life just kinda... diiid.

I always had the knowledge however, that theyd take some time to get my pills ready, because my mom n dad knew too. So I guess theres that. It DOES suck when youre in a huge hurry and you need to get your shit packed to go to LA the next morning and youre really anxious that you dont HAVE an hour in you after school schedule to wait around, you have shit to pack, but thats your own fault, Joey!!!

yeah.

PP: Fuckin anxiety.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: March 19, 2014, 06:05:50 am »

PP: I'm reaching my breaking point with my job. The promotion didn't mean shit, I'm the lowest man on the totem pole despite being there longer than all but one other person, and everyone I legitimately got along with has either left, is leaving, or is in prison for attempted murder.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11180 on: March 19, 2014, 12:08:12 pm »

PP: I'm reaching my breaking point with my job. The promotion didn't mean shit, I'm the lowest man on the totem pole despite being there longer than all but one other person, and everyone I legitimately got along with has either left, is leaving, or is in prison for attempted murder.

Good god this sounds familiar. I worked in what was essentially it's own department at the hotel (We were a subsection of another department, but they pretty much gave my supervisor free reign to do as he saw fit), and it seemed like every other month (That's a much bigger deal than it sounds like) we were having letters sent in about how amazing we were, or people leaving 100-200 dollar tips for us. My supervisor (essentially my boss) listened closely to his employees, and we all worked together to make sure everything was done in the way easiest for guests. And then we were taken over. My old boss became the new manager, and eventually left after the higher ups continually reprimanded him for not doing things he was never trained or told to do. So, now we have two idiots who don't listen to a word anyone beneath them says, and the complaints are rolling in about every other day. The old employees that were hired because they understood the property and the way other departments work have given up trying to speak up, because we're told "Don't worry about it. This is something for us to handle."

Motherfucker, because you did not listen to me, you lost out on AT LEAST five thousand dollars, AND one of the repeat contractors for the hotel is seriously considering pulling their contract because of the way things are being run. If that happens, we all lose our jobs because there's no way in hell that the hotel will keep this company on site.

At least, that's what I think.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11181 on: March 19, 2014, 06:03:42 pm »

All of the cool people are ditching my Starbucks and im seriously starting to feel like my heads next on the chopping block.

One of our supervisors is still under 20 so working with them is akin to nailing jelly to a tree (she will write down a list of what she thinks needs to get done, fuck off on her phone for a few hours, and expect us to handle it like its not the biggest loogie in our fucking faces, and BLAME LITERALLY EVERY OTHER GODDAMN THING IN THE ROOM when we all leave at eleven thirty when we shut shop at 945), in which my mental stamina is tested and we see how long i can go into the night without becoming a wretched catty bitch who deeply considers hurling themselves off the overpass into the highway on the walk home.

Everyones a bit rude there as well, and i do not care for it. My day sours out if I'm there past three in the afternoon.

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: March 19, 2014, 08:00:17 pm »

The worst part about it is I feel stuck. Because this was my first official, tax-paying job, I've got this sense of loyalty to the company and I feel like I'm going to feel terrible about leaving, even when I know deep down it'll do wonders for my mental health. Then I factor in that I'm a college drop-out with few practical skills, so I don't know if I'll be able to find anywhere that will offer equal or higher pay if they'll even hire me in the first place.

On the bright side, my sister's fiance and my best friend are encouraging me to apply at their respective workplaces, so at least I have that to consider. Future in-law's place sounds like a pretty cushy gig, but on the other hand, best friend's place has him and a reportedly cute barista who is a huge fan of Coheed and Cambria.

Life is hard.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11183 on: March 19, 2014, 11:04:44 pm »

The worst part about it is I feel stuck. Because this was my first official, tax-paying job, I've got this sense of loyalty to the company and I feel like I'm going to feel terrible about leaving, even when I know deep down it'll do wonders for my mental health. Then I factor in that I'm a college drop-out with few practical skills, so I don't know if I'll be able to find anywhere that will offer equal or higher pay if they'll even hire me in the first place.

I can not even begin to describe how much I know this feel.

At least, that's what I think.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11184 on: March 20, 2014, 06:18:33 am »

PP:  Pissed away 30 bucks on Sony station cash cards yesterday.  I don't usually like the idea of actually paying to subscribe to an MMO but I've been playing DCUO often enough that I've been considering it.  I was in Wal Mart and noticed they carry Sony "cash cards" that you can use for either a month sub or use as Marketplace cash for buying in game goodies.  Wal-Mart cards have a five dollar bonus of Sony's cash points included.  I was like , "Sweet, a month sub PLUS extra points to dick around buying random crap, that sounds like a legit way to trial-run a sub, I'll take two."  Yea... apparently the Sony PC marketplace and PS3 marketplace are COMPLETELY seperate and these card are only good for the PC marketplace.  Which is completely useless to me.  Nothing like setting fire to 30 bucks just to watch it burn.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11185 on: March 20, 2014, 11:59:01 am »

I never knew Sony made cards for their online store... Did it have the Playstation Network, or Playstation Store logo on it? Those are what make them stand out.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11186 on: March 20, 2014, 07:32:46 pm »

I never knew Sony made cards for their online store... Did it have the Playstation Network, or Playstation Store logo on it? Those are what make them stand out.
No, it has the DCUO Logo though which is why it caught my eye.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Universal-15-Game-Card/19530504

It does say (PC) after DCUO but I didn't notice it when I bought it.  I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with these 4000 points now.  I sort of think it's BS that the PC/PS3 economy is seperate like that.  It really doesn't make sense to me.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11187 on: March 20, 2014, 09:35:40 pm »

I know how that is. Bought a points card for the Wii U once, turns out it was only for the Wii. Pissed me right off.

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: March 20, 2014, 10:00:12 pm »

PP:  Pissed away 30 bucks on Sony station cash cards yesterday.  I don't usually like the idea of actually paying to subscribe to an MMO but I've been playing DCUO often enough that I've been considering it.  I was in Wal Mart and noticed they carry Sony "cash cards" that you can use for either a month sub or use as Marketplace cash for buying in game goodies.  Wal-Mart cards have a five dollar bonus of Sony's cash points included.  I was like , "Sweet, a month sub PLUS extra points to dick around buying random crap, that sounds like a legit way to trial-run a sub, I'll take two."  Yea... apparently the Sony PC marketplace and PS3 marketplace are COMPLETELY seperate and these card are only good for the PC marketplace.  Which is completely useless to me.  Nothing like setting fire to 30 bucks just to watch it burn.

Have you already redeemed them? There are sites that let you sell off giftcards and shit.

I can not even begin to describe how much I know this feel.

You and I need to figure out how to make being embittered, snarky assholes into something profitable and start a business.

Go Fuck Yourself INC.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11189 on: March 21, 2014, 03:08:15 am »

I redeemed them and didn't notice the problem until I was trying to figure out why the points weren't appearing in game.

Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 749   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: