The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
May 21, 2018, 01:01:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 752   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PP: Not having a Pet Peeves thread.  (Read 2089195 times)
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #3390 on: May 25, 2010, 05:59:36 pm »

PP: One of my friends is leaving for North Carolina on Sunday, so my friends and I had plans to try and spend as much time together as possible between now and then, which included staying at her house Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights. But my mom tells me I can't because I need to "spend time with the family." FUCK! I HAVE SPENT THE LAST 18 YEARS WITH THESE PEOPLE! LET ME HAVE JUST THREE NIGHTS WITH MY FRIENDS! For fuck's sake, it's the week of my high school graduation. I want to spend time with my friends because we don't have that much time left together.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Zog
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: May 25, 2010, 06:21:05 pm »

PP: Ear infections. I can't even play guitar now because all sound (even the sound of myself typing) is an icepick through the skull. My airconditioner is a constant pain, but I don't dare turn it off because it is FREAKING hot here. Gonna go read.

Alex
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

djurico_666@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: May 25, 2010, 07:44:14 pm »

PP: There's this bitch at work who seems to operate on the "theres joy here must kill it" policy.
Hailfax
The Fool
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I am thou

View Profile Email
« Reply #3393 on: May 26, 2010, 10:06:14 am »

PP: Brought the bloody car to the shop, they "fixed" it, we paid for it in hopes that they put in a new fucking battery. They didn't and I was ONCE AGAIN left stranded after I dropped my mom off for work. I'm glad that I paid A BUNCH OF MONEY for them to do absolutely nothing to the fucking car.

Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #3394 on: May 26, 2010, 10:12:16 am »

That sucks, Hail.

If at all possible, whenever I pick up my car from the shop I try to check the work done before I leave the parking lot. Pop the hood, look under the belly, run through the lights/radio/electricals, or whatever other work I've had them do. Too many shops or techs will half-ass it and call it done, otherwise.

Well, really, checking the work doesn't prevent them from half-assing it, but at least you can catch them at it without being stranded by the side of the road *as often*.
Hailfax
The Fool
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I am thou

View Profile Email
« Reply #3395 on: May 26, 2010, 12:21:39 pm »

Yeah, I try to, but I was with my mom and we had to get the car back before rush hour traffic hit us. AGAIN. /flails. It's the same thing that happened with the oil changes, too at Meineke. Apparently, they stripped the screw and they didn't change/clean the oil filter at all. So, I've been doing it myself for a bit until I had to go back to school. So. Effing. Annoying.

PP: Cars

Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #3396 on: May 26, 2010, 12:24:34 pm »

PP: Cars

Amen to that one.
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3397 on: May 26, 2010, 01:02:12 pm »

I don't miss that aspect of my old truck at all, I used to have to repair something on it monthly. I went and bought a car so I wouldn't have to work on it so often.

PP: Not realizing my fat ass couldn't fit underneath my car when I bought it. Embarrassed

I hate not being able to fix stuff on it myself.

Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #3398 on: May 26, 2010, 01:42:49 pm »

yeah, I'm probably going to stick to SUVs for that reason. It's really NICE to be able to crawl under my explorer without putting it up on stands. 'course, the down side is, it's going to be needing a new transmission- and everything that goes along with that- soon... and that ain't work I'm willing or capable of doing myself.

Have you thought about getting a good floor jack and some jack stands, though? The prices mechanics charge around here, it's a worthwhile investment, if you have a smaller vehicle.
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3399 on: May 26, 2010, 02:00:01 pm »

Yeah, I went and bought a really good jack for it, cause I've had a couple flats and crappy jacks just don't cut it with small cars. I've thought about getting stands before but every where I've lived including my current residence is on a hill, and I'm far too paranoid to trust that, even though I've seen lots of people use them on slopes before, it just seems like a no-no unless it's an absolute emergency. >.>

Tori-saurus-rex
ARC Support Staff

deathtowaffles@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3400 on: May 26, 2010, 04:40:20 pm »

PP: My computer was not aggreeable with the workplace network today so I spent the majority of it offline and without have my resources accessable.
It took til just a little while ago that our tech guy got me fixed up. There were some components within the computer that decided to act up and clash with the network.

When all the work is done, by the light of a setting sun;
We see what we've become - two of the lucky ones.
Tuczib
ARC Support Staff

Wait... what?

tuczib@hotmail.com Iscrewnunsdaily imsounbelievablyinane
View Profile Email
« Reply #3401 on: May 26, 2010, 10:19:19 pm »

PP:  I just reinstalled EQ on my computer willingly.

The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3402 on: May 26, 2010, 10:20:34 pm »

Play Wow, it's better.

At least, that's what I think.
Tuczib
ARC Support Staff

Wait... what?

tuczib@hotmail.com Iscrewnunsdaily imsounbelievablyinane
View Profile Email
« Reply #3403 on: May 26, 2010, 10:25:54 pm »

The sad thing is I did play WoW

The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3404 on: May 27, 2010, 09:23:00 am »

PP: As some of you may be aware, I dropped out of university last month. They use the date of last attendance for the actual dropout date, not the date the form is handed in. Because of this, I officially dropped out on 7/12/2009. This means that instead of one month of student loan that needs repaying, I have 5. That's 2384.53, to be paid immediately. If I were to empty my bank account, I still would not have enough to pay this. On the plus side, I can pay what I can now (leaving maybe 100 or so in my bank account for food) and pay the rest in monthly instalments, and I'm now eligible for benefits, so I might just about be able to cover these instalments with my dole money. I'll have to live on half a meal a day for a while, but maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to sort it.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 752   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: