The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
December 19, 2014, 11:12:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McNinja's Let's Play! Deus Ex  (Read 2321 times)
Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:44:38 pm »

Yep, this is my Let's Play of Deus Ex, the Maddhaus thread is here the summary on it's wikipedia page describes it as;

"Deus Ex is a cyberpunk-themed action role-playing game developed by Ion Storm Inc. and published by Eidos Interactive in the year 2000, which combines gameplay elements of first-person shooters with those of role playing games. ... It was a frequent candidate for and winner of Game of the Year awards, drawing praise for its pioneering designs in player choice and multiple narrative paths."

"Player choice and narrative paths" basically means you guys get to vote on what JC says, uses, does, can do and how he goes about doing it, which brings us to a sort of prequel thing, you guys need to make your character and choose the starting weapon!

This is the skills menu, be sure to pick useful skills, swimming is useless in combat and you're not going to find enough rockets and napalm to main with heavy weapons. Having points on medicine is a near must.

There's three weapons to choose from at the start, in addition to a crowbar and pistol:

A GEP gun; fires self guided missiles, gibs anything that isn't level geometry or plot critical, uses the Heavy weapons skill.

A sniper rifle; scoped and chambered in 30.06, one shot kills on a headshot, uses the rifle skill.

A mini-crossbow; stealth weapon, carried by half the bad guys in the first level anyway, uses the pistol skill.

And that's all we need to get started, you guys pretty much call the shots, I'll ignore stupid suggestions unless they're particularly funny.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:00:11 pm by Dr. McNinja » Logged
Tanaj
Civillian Police

privateryan@o2.pl
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:25:07 am »

Heh, this is gonna be a long one. Cheesy

I'll say: level up pistols, computer and electronics. Get a mini-crossbow.

Did I mention I finished the game like a million times? Cheesy
Xanatos
ARC Support Staff

Forever

xanatos_forever@hotmail.com XanatosForever
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 04:43:14 am »

N'aww, don't listen to the dude who already knows how everything  works! Listen to the n00bs so they can get the experience of playing a game they'll probably never be able to get their hands on IRL! *cough*me*cough*

I say focus on pistol skill, rifle skill, and medicine, and maybe bumping up some of the cheaper skills with leftover points if you can.

If the first level has the mooks using lots of crossbow, go with the sniper. You can always just pick up a crossbow from a dropped mook (or can you?) and conserve the rifle for serious threats.
Tanaj
Civillian Police

privateryan@o2.pl
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 07:26:23 am »

You can get a sniper rifle in the first level anyway, so whatever.  He love you long time
Dr. McNinja
Inspiring bad German accents since 07
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Yiffing in hell

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 11:31:03 am »

Slight delay on this end, I recorded it in 1440x900, making it well over the 2Gb upload limit on Youtube, I tried compressing it, but that went badly so I'm going to record it again. Will be up tomorrow evening (~ 2100 GMT) at the latest.

EDIT: Delayed even further until my new sound card gets here, the one I borrowed has something wrong with it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:10:26 pm by Dr. McNinja » Logged
Alex
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

djurico_666@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 01:24:06 pm »

This idear sounds preeeeeeeeeeetttty cooooooool.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 08:34:49 pm »

You can get the crossbow and rifle from mooks in the starting level. The GEP gun won't be found otherwise until quite a way into the game (As it is a frickin' rocket launcher), so I always go for that.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Sammich!
King of the Servbots
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

WARNING: I am become derp, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 11:18:53 pm »

Hmmm...Cheez does make quite a good point.

Tanaj
Civillian Police

privateryan@o2.pl
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 02:56:27 am »

I always went for the subtle approach. IMHO there are better ways to deal with bots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: