The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 22, 2014, 01:54:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 154   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did we learn today? (Apart from that australian wine rocks.)  (Read 217210 times)
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: April 15, 2010, 03:04:13 am »

TIL that one of the guys in my graduating class was nearly killed when he rolled his truck during spring break. The truck rolled 6 times and he was ejected from thing because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt.
Dude was kind of a douche, but that really sucks. My first question was, "Was he drunk?" because he's the kind of guy you would expect that from.
To be honest, that's the first time I've ever heard of someone surviving because they didn't enable a safety mechanism...

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 15, 2010, 11:48:55 am »

To be honest, that's the first time I've ever heard of someone surviving because they didn't enable a safety mechanism...

There was a drunk driver car crash a few years ago where the driver, wearing a seat belt, was killed. The way the car was crushed it surrounded the passenger, not wearing a seat belt, who had been thrown on the floor.

My dad's a Firefighter and as such is a first responder on scene. He's got plenty of stories about stuff like that.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 15, 2010, 12:16:59 pm »

But of course he has seen MANY millions of more cases where the seat belt is saviour and no seatbelt sends you too hell.

RIGHT?

Tori-saurus-rex
ARC Support Staff

deathtowaffles@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #918 on: April 15, 2010, 12:29:25 pm »

There's too many variables in serious collisions. For general safety and normal and less serious circumstances, seatbelts = good.

When all the work is done, by the light of a setting sun;
We see what we've become - two of the lucky ones.
BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #919 on: April 15, 2010, 01:49:12 pm »

TIL that shotguns can fire if they get bumped hard enough and that it isn't required too much force for it either.
Luckily, I didn't learn this of personal experience.

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: April 15, 2010, 02:19:11 pm »

My sister got into a car accident once when she wasn't wearing her seat belt and she flew out of her seat, broke the windshield with her head, then flew around some more and eventually wound up in the passenger seat. Luckily, the only reminder she has from the crash is that she occasionally gets aches in her leg, and I don't know if that even happens any more.

At least, that's what I think.
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #921 on: April 15, 2010, 02:27:49 pm »

Growing up I knew a guy who had shot out of the windshield of his car and slid down a gravel road on his ass.  His whole ass was pretty much scar tissue and it was possible to poke him with a pin and have him not notice.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: April 15, 2010, 02:29:12 pm »

Growing up I knew a guy who had shot out of the windshield of his car and slid down a gravel road on his ass.  His whole ass was pretty much scar tissue and it was possible to poke him with a pin and have him not notice.

That's incredibly sad while being incredibly comical at the same time.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #923 on: April 15, 2010, 02:42:16 pm »

That pretty much sums it up.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Achilles
« Reply #924 on: April 15, 2010, 05:04:07 pm »

TIL that shotguns can fire if they get bumped hard enough and that it isn't required too much force for it either.
Luckily, I didn't learn this of personal experience.
modern shotguns (at least ones made by US gun companies) are equiped with mechanisms that prevent that exact thing from happening. Of course...my dad has a shotgun (double barrel with exposed hammers) that you can set off just by hitting the hammers. It's also over 150 years old.

TIL that you can give what is essentially a sunburn by scrubbing on your skin with a damp towel. I learned this scrubbing paint off my arms.
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #925 on: April 15, 2010, 06:22:25 pm »

TIL (or was rather informed) that I smile like an idiot whenever I talk about a certain girl.

Surprised? No. Did I realize it? No.

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #926 on: April 15, 2010, 06:25:03 pm »

It's okay, one time my aunt asked me what my girlfriend was like, and apparently I got all blushy and mumbly and picked up a pen and started playing with it.

jared
Half-Life

I'm pretty much queen bitch of the universe

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #927 on: April 15, 2010, 06:31:35 pm »

TIL that in Canadia that the learners permit is 14, while in Arizona, it's 15 and 7 months, Lisence is at 16, and that is a graduated permit or something, then at 17 I get a new one, then 18 I get my actual license. Each time I get a new license, I get new privileges i.e. having more than one other person in the car. Although at thirteen I can drive tractors for farms within 5-10 miles from your area of operation depending on where you live. 

Jared-[communism] only starts to break down in lager groups

Log!-Because they just get drunk and just will not put up with anyone's shit.
Major Cobalt
You can call me... Jeremy.
ARC Support Staff

We will defend The High Hillock

View Profile Email
« Reply #928 on: April 15, 2010, 06:37:33 pm »

Yeah, drivers licensing regulations are kind of a joke. In Georgia, it's permit at 15, Class D license at 16, which carries a 12:00 AM-6:00 AM curfew, no passengers who aren't immediate family members for first six months, no more than 1 non-family passengers for second six months, and no more than 2 non-family passengers until you turn 18, when you get your Class C unrestricted license. It's a good idea in theory, I guess, but when I had my Class D I had passengers all the time. Cops can't pull you over because they suspect you of breaking any of those rules, and half they time they don't even cite you for it. Depends on how big an ass the cop is.

Fuck Joshua's Law, saying you have to have driver's ed to get your license at 16. Driver's ed is good if your teacher isn't a lazy fuck, and your driving instructor doesn't make you drive back-ass roads where the speed limit is 35.

Doesn't matter now, though. I have my unrestricted license. State of Georgia can't do SHIT.

[/rant]

fuck everything. literally, everything that exists. fuck it.
AP: I dont watch baseball, but Cobalt has given me a reason to cheer for the braves anyway
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #929 on: April 15, 2010, 11:20:05 pm »

TIL that one of my friends is happily married and pregnant with child. I wish her all the best and I hope she has a girl so she can name the child after her mom who lost her life on Flight 77. I'm just really happy for her since she shut herself down emotionally in high school after her mom died. Seeing her happy now...make me happy. That's all I want in life. c:

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 154   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: