The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 22, 2014, 03:38:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Harry Potter World... (I was thinking....)  (Read 9663 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2010, 01:43:45 pm »

if such thing as magic existed, there would be technology based on it.

...Why? When something can do anything, why would you build something to make it do something when it can just do that something without assistance?

but magic has to have SOME drawbacks, so we need to find them and use them against the magickind!

Magic can make people tired after they use it in large amounts for long periods of time. That's about it.

At least, that's what I think.
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2010, 02:12:08 pm »

soo why are wizards not controlling the world?

btw, Are the wings on fire?
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2010, 02:14:03 pm »

Not necessarily, do you victoriously conquer every ant mound you come across? There's much better things for them to do/focus on than bother squabbling with boring ol'humans Tongue

Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2010, 07:56:43 am »

simple- shoot dark and gloomy places with explosives.
So if Dementors descended on a city, and the entire city went unnaturally dark. You would be willing to blow up the entire city?

Did I mention Dementors can fly? And they steal sooooooooooooooouuuuuls.

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Tanaj
Civillian Police

privateryan@o2.pl
View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2010, 08:31:44 am »

And they didn't exactly side with the wizards (well, not with the "good" ones) so I guess both sides would like to get them killed.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2010, 12:47:16 pm »

Wizards have means to fight Dementors, humans do not. Also, the evil wizards really just want to kill non magic people anyway, so if all non magic people start attacking wizards, do you think they would form a fragile alliance type deal?

At least, that's what I think.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2010, 07:05:38 am »

The easiest way would be to rally some wizard factions and have them put charms on muggle weapons for the armies to use.

Now the muggles may not be entirely unable to work any magic (possibly some potions that you just have to mix ingredients in the right way would be at their reach) and to support this I'll mention that dementors' basic curse is essentially depression, that people who are down are known to binge on chocolate, and that chocolate does break the dementor's influence. In that logic muggles have enough sense of magic to self-medicate against some curses.
I think a muggle army would be able to use enchanted weapons or potions, as long as the magic is summoned materially and not through a wizard's mind.

As to why don't the wizards take over the world... obviously they're not very numerous, but why is that so? The majority of wizards' children are wizards, so either they don't have many children, or many of them die. Maybe the current peace that Voldemort is threatening is something new and that there were many unmentioned wars that cost them great numbers. Maybe the wizards don't try to take over the world because when a group grows in power, infighting grows in proportion, and magic makes them too deadly to survive this sort of conflicts. Repeated failures of controlling some lands in the past may have instituted a taboo against attempting it again. Although, again, Voldemort is disputing that too.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: