The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 10:02:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in Hunter RP? (oWoD)  (Read 30210 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 11, 2010, 06:28:31 am »

So, my life is almost back to normal and I actually have free time again so...

Is anyone interested in playing a Hunter the Reckoning Old World of Darkness RP?

It would generally follow the official ruleset though adapted for forum use, similar to the way things used to run on the old www.hunter--net.org site that I knew and loved and spent way too much time on.  I have like 95% of the original splats and sources books for reference but don't let that intimidate you, it can be broken down simply and in fact the less you know going in the better and more atmospheric the experience generally is.

In a nutshell the world sucks, it's run by monsters, vampires werewolves zombies ghosts and demons are all real but the average person doesn't know and can't see them.

Stuff is progressively getting fucked up worse and worse though there is a small percentage of people who CAN see what's really going on AND have the ability to fight back.  The fun twist is the more powerful these guys become the worse life gets for them.  Bwahahaha.

Tis excellent supernatural fun and NO the vampires don't sparkle.

If you're interested respond and I'll provide more info with the hope of getting this kickstarted soon, I hope to start this in a couple weeks (I already have a campaign in mind.)  Oh the fun.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 06:31:49 am »

sounds interesting.

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 08:15:42 am »

I'm in. I'm playing a NWoD Hunter game IRL at the moment, so should be familiar with some stuff. On the other hand, the system differences will likely confuse me. Oh well.

Just curious, where would this game be set?

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 10:08:09 am »

I'm in. I'm playing a NWoD Hunter game IRL at the moment, so should be familiar with some stuff. On the other hand, the system differences will likely confuse me. Oh well.

Just curious, where would this game be set?

It isnt that much different. I have both books at home and its still based on the same principals. Different sects (and, of course different powers....no known valkyrie task force or those european lab guys as an official sect in this WoD) are really the only difference.

Outlaw, you know I am down.

And no, I wont be wayward. lol

also, as Outlaw said, the less you know, the more fucking scary and gritty the WoD is. These creatures aren't just your typical bad guys. Hunters regularly see things that would shatter a normal humans sanity.  It is not a place for the meek. Unless you like to be used as a mobile blood bank.  
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:36:15 am by Firesolved » Logged
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 11:13:36 am »

I haven't seen the NWOD Hunter at all so can't really make a comparison.  

Fire, I knew you were down with it before I posted the thread  Cool  Also I'm trying to get another one of the old Hunter--net players in on this as well (no not Knight).  We'll see how that goes.

Tomorrow I'll post a list of the different character types for those of you who don't know them.

Setting is going to be generic large city USA, your characters can live either in or near.  I normally use a fictitous city I created near Chicago but that's just because I'm from that area.  I'm open to input on that aspect.

I'd prefer to use brand new characters for this or very low level characters, if you have existing veteran characters you really want to use we can work them in as supporting characters with cameo type appearances but I want to avoid a lot of uber powered characters with armory (5) mixing with noobs, it just doesn't balance well.

If you've posted in this thread consider yourself signed up, feel free to post character concepts and we'll iron out details as we go.  More are welcome.

EDIT:  Character concepts that are "real life" are best suited to HtR.  Think more like pizza delivery guy or taxi cab driver than ex SEAL team merc.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:18:50 am by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 01:25:08 pm »

Outlaw, I still have some of them on my contacts list on MSN messenger. If you need some email addresses, PM me. Hell, maybe I will stop being lazy and contact them myself...

Perhaps we could start in Chicago and allow our adventures to take us to Louisiana. Swamps are fucking creepy, I dont give a fuck what anyone says. Just a suggestion for future locations.

I will be posting my charcter either tonight or tomorrow morning. Looking forward to this. It has been too fucking long.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 02:26:45 pm »

I'm really curious as to how this would work, and possibly the time frame that games would take place.

At least, that's what I think.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 02:50:54 pm »

I'm really curious as to how this would work, and possibly the time frame that games would take place.

The time frame is like modern day. As in, it is probably happening right now as we speak. And that just adds to its awesome. This isnt a world where there is a different culture or different people. These things target the people we love and hate. They target the guy who installs your internet. They target the chairman of your credit union. They target the foreman of the construction company doing work down at 4th and Pacific.

Albeit, the "feel" of life is darker and more bleak, hence "World of Darkness". Poverty is more outstanding, crime is more rampant, homelessness is more widespread. Your friendly neighbor might not be so friendly because he doesnt trust you after that gang shooting killed one of your co-workers last week. People disappearing isnt as big a deal. Bank fraud and open embezzlement of money is almost regular practice.

Our world is slowly going down the toilet (especially with the Greece thing happening recently) but this world is already there. The only reason it hasnt fallen completely apart is because those shadows you think you see late at night after leaving work arent a product of your imagniation. Those youtube videos showing some outrageous shit some teen happened to catch on his iphone while walking home from school? Yeah, those werent edited (until *they* get ahold of the data...and the person responsible for releasing it). The media reporting a tragedy in which a massacre took place at a local school and then taking a commercial break only to return saying the report was a hoax and the perpetrators arrested? Surprise. Not a hoax.

Anyways, I could go on and on, but you probably get the idea.

Edit: Of course these games can take place in ANY time. On the old hunter--net there was an AWESOME game in the colonial America time period. Please note that while most Hunter games are played in modern times, hunters have been around for as long as civilised humanity. This isn't a new widely recognized phenomenon where all of a sudden a lot of humans can see the monsters for what they really are. At best, only a couple hundred people in the States have been given this power and most of them dont even know other people are out there who are like them. And sometimes that drives individual hunters insane. Im getting ahead of myself but yeah. Hunters arent an army. They are the cornered fox surrounded by hunting dogs, lashing out desperately to survive and escape.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:18:25 pm by Firesolved » Logged
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 03:01:20 pm »

Setting is going to be generic large city USA, your characters can live either in or near.  I normally use a fictitous city I created near Chicago but that's just because I'm from that area.  I'm open to input on that aspect.

Ah, an American setting. That should be refreshing. The game I'm in IRL is set in Swansea. Having a firearm is.... interesting, to say the least.

If you've posted in this thread consider yourself signed up, feel free to post character concepts and we'll iron out details as we go.  More are welcome.

I'll probably be a few days at least before mine's up. A mate of mine has PDFs of pretty much every RP system ever, so I'm going to try and grab the relevant books from him.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 03:05:35 pm »

I was wondering more along the lines if this would be a forum based RP, or something where we would need to use an outside mechanic or what have you. Also, I meant time that it would be played, not the time of the setting. I figured that would happen, haha.

At least, that's what I think.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 03:20:44 pm »

Oh. well yeaaah thats all up to Outlaw.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 04:18:56 pm »

Forum based, "rolls" will really only be done for critical tasks and I have a die roller website link laying around somewhere that actually verifies the rolls so everyone can check to make sure no funny business happened.

As far as time it would be played I'm not going to have set times, forum based games are hard to make work that way because of different time zones, etc.  The way I've done forum games I've ran in the past is to try not to progress past key points without input from everyone and then the game master resolving any actions.  White Wolf games lend themselves well to forum based gaming because they are more story and character driven rather than rolling die constantly.  As long as you don't try to god mod someone elses actions there's a lot of leeway for what you post.

I hope some of the makes sense.

EDIT: I'll post an example of a typical string of actions and resolution later.  It would be better than trying to explain it.

Fire, the only player I've really kept in contact with was Taj who RP'd Zeisha and Layla.  After some of the fallout from the last time Knight, Mish and Slipknot couldn't play nice with each other I pretty much got the cold shoulder from Mish and Slip.  Knight just doesn't seem to be on anymore.  If you still talk to Punisher see if he wants in.  Oh, and that old Japanese dude with the swords, I can't fricken remember who played his character or what his name was.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:24:35 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 04:33:06 pm »

Forum based, "rolls" will really only be done for critical tasks and I have a die roller website link laying around somewhere that actually verifies the rolls so everyone can check to make sure no funny business happened.

Would we have to use this? I can understand if you say yes, I just greatly prefer rolling physical dice.

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 04:39:52 pm »

I have a handful. I dont remember who they played. I do have Taj and I have Punisher too but I am not sure if he gets on anymore. Mish was a bitch anyways. Slipknot was a sycophant. Fuck them. Frankly, they were the ones who created the god characters I didnt like.

Ill do what I can.
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 04:41:12 pm »

I have a handful. I dont remember who they played. I do have Taj and I have Punisher too but I am not sure if he gets on anymore. Mish was a bitch anyways. Slipknot was a sycophant. Fuck them. Frankly, they were the ones who created the god characters I didnt like.

Ill do what I can.

I didn't say I was heart broken I lost touch with them  

As far as the dice roller goes we can start off without it and see how it goes but I'm naturally suspicous of people who always make amazing rolls, I'm cynical like that  Tongue
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:43:24 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: