The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 28, 2014, 11:12:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It's a BRICK-FLAIL!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in Hunter RP? (oWoD)  (Read 31576 times)
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2010, 07:14:23 pm »

Character sheet and background PM-ed... I will post them up in the forum once they're approved ^_^

"Let's wax these critters"
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2010, 09:35:08 pm »

Just FYI, starting character sheets will be public knowledge, backstory doesn't have to be.

If you feel like playing things close to the chest just post a brief description of a couple of paragraphs, the level of detail that someone would know having grown up near your or if you're from out of town what they would learn having spent a few hours with you.  I'll ask for more info by PM if I need it.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2010, 01:34:57 am »

Apologies for the formatting, but I use Excel for my character sheets and forums don't like it when you paste spreadsheets... So here's a big F* list of my whatnot Smiley.

Name   Zachary Duesin - Truant2601   
Player   Helmi_17   
Chronicle   Outlaw   
Nature   Wanderer   
Demeanor   Survivor   
Concept   Concerned Drifting Runaway   
Virtue    Zeal
Creed    Defense
Conviction   7

Physical      Social              Mental
Strength   2   Charisma     3   Perception   4
Dexterity   3   Manipulation  1   Intelligence   2
Stamina   3   Appearance     2   Wits           3

Talents   
Alertness   1
Athletics   1
Awareness   1
Brawl           1
Dodge   1
Expression   1
Intuition   1
Streetwise   2
Subterfuge   1

Skills   
Animal Ken   1
Drive           1   
Firearms   3
Melee           2
Performance1
Stealth   2
Survival   2
Technology   1

Knowledges   
Academics   2
Computer   2
Research   1

Backgrounds   
Arsenal   1
Resources   1
Exposure   3

Edges            
Name   Creed     Level   Trigger   
Hide   Innocence   1   Pull invisible hood over head   
Ward   Defense   1   Outstretched Arms   
Cleave Zeal           1   Make fist with off hand   

Virtues   
Mercy 1
Zeal 2
Virtue -

Flaws
Child (3)*
Nightmares (1)
Wanted by Law Enforcement (3)

Merits
Lucky (4)
Forgettable (2)
Common Sense (1)

Description and common mannerisms/behaviors - Truant is about 5 and a half feet tall and weighs in at around 150 pounds.  He is a slightly well built white kid, but his facial features are very typical and unremarkable.  He appears to be quite young, no older than sixteen and most likely a few years younger.  He generally wears cargo pants and a canvas O.D. green trench coat with a T-Shirt on underneath.  He has blue eyes, and if you're around him for more than a few weeks you will note that he attempts to change his appearance very frequently by altering his hair style, color, etc. When on a hunt, Truant is very intense, alert, and perceptive.  Many people dismiss him as "just a kid" and end up owing him an apology as well as their lives when things go south.  When there is nothing noteworthy or interesting happening Truant will have his ears plugged up with an iPod and be buried in a book or his PSP.  He will write in his journal daily, and sometimes you will catch him singing to himself (poorly) while sketching out manga-style comics.

Background - Truant is generally fairly quiet about his background, but it is very obvious that he is a runaway and carries much baggage. After a very short period of time in Truant's company you will learn that he is being actively tracked by authorities, and he takes many precautions to ensure he remains uncaught.  This could be dismissed simply because he is obviously a runaway, but if you spend time thinking about it you have never seen his face on the news, on a poster, on a milk carton, etc. Nor have you heard his description on the radio or seen a news bulletin.  Once your character puts 2 and 2 together, he or she will realize that Truant is likely wanted for far more than simply running away from home.  He is protective and concerned with the safety and well-being of innocents, but when children become involved he can become downright reckless in his attempts to defend them from the darkness.  Truant will generally be very vague when asked for details of his "old life", but you can gather that he grew up in a smaller Midwestern city.  His favorite pastimes in the old life included hunting, fishing, paintball, and airsoft; these things have given him an edge when it comes to grinding it out and staying alive, as well as helping him be a quite formidable hunter.  You get the impression that Truant has been imbued and aware of monsters in the world for a long period of time, but has only actively been a Hunter for less than 6 months.

*This flaw is listed as 3 points due to an alteration by the ST.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:43:26 pm by Helmi_17 » Logged

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 05:29:28 pm »

Unfortunatly I will not be able to participate. My head has slightly asploded. I like complicated games when in a group IRL. But i end up getting bored quickly of Forum based complicated ones. Sorry. Will still read it though. Tongue

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 06:41:41 pm »

S'ok.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2010, 03:27:21 pm »

Not much activity in here... Makes Helmi sad!  We going to do this thing?

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2010, 05:41:10 pm »

I got Raryns sheet but was at work and haven't looked at it yet.  As long as we have three players (which we do) I'll start this weekend, probably Friday.

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2010, 05:54:40 pm »

*does a little dance*  Grin

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »

Raryns character sheet is almost done, he has a few more freebie points to use and that's about it as well as sending his backstory.  Fire I still need you characters backstory as well.

Unless your backstory states explicity that you've already been imbued your imbuing will take place in game. 

Cricco has said he won't be joining us, Cheez is still working on his character due to being busy in real life, it won't be a problem to work him in and in fact I'll leave openings for anyone else who wants to drop in later.

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2010, 07:37:04 pm »

I can dig all this... My character seems to already have been imbued xD!  The 14 year old punkass will be the old man of the group.

This just gets better and better!

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 08:23:38 pm »

Really tempted to play, but I haven't played an actual RP game in over a year and I haven't played OWoD in probably 4 years or longer. I went and pulled my V:tM off the shelf, kind of jogged my memory a bit, but I never played in a hunter game (as a Hunter) before so I don't know any of their abilities at all. I'll probably be trolling yall's game and jump in on the next one if possible. Tongue

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 11:47:40 pm »

Max, it's not that tough.  If you really are interested, I'll help you out.  I have PDF copies of all the books and can answer quite a few questions if you have 'em.  The cool thing about online RPs is that you don't need to so much know the mechanic as have the time to check the board every day.

*edit*

My msn is posted in my profile... Just PM me on here and let me know you added (I get a SHIT TON of those spam adds)

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2010, 05:49:26 am »

Raryn's character sheet is done, I'll let him post it here himself with whatever detail he wants regarding his backstory.  I'm going to open up the hunter-net.org thread in the RP section to prep for the actual game thread going live.  Only imbued characters can post in the hunter-net.org thread (more on that later) and right now that would only be Helmi.

h-net thread is here http://www.thezombiehunters.com/forum/index.php?topic=578.0

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2010, 08:59:11 am »

Goddamn it. Ok today I post Carls history. I am sorry for being so sluggish dude.

Alright here goes *deep breath*:

*A TV sits in a dank basement; The fuzzy static on the TV is almost as hypnotizing as the steady white noise being issued from the device. The TV itself is a model of old times. A fine coat of dust decorates the crevices and flat surfaces. Slowly, the static fades and a vaguely human figure can be made out. He must be wearing dark clothes because you can only make out his silhouette, and even then just barely. The figure looks to both sides, giving the viewer an outline of the figures sharp nose before facing towards you. He begins to speak..

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I currently do not have the time or date. Frankly, where I am, it doesn't much matter.

The voice that is emitted sounds like it could be a parody of a 1950's commercial announcer.

I don't have much time. Before I am lost, I must let someone...ANYONE know who I am.

With a deep inhalation, the man sniffles, wipes his nose and continues.

I am Carl Hausway. I was born on August 25th, 1955. Raised in Bristol, Vermont by one Pattie Threndel and Johan Hausway. Dear old mom and pop. Now they're dead and gone. Raised me good enough, I suppose. Breezed through school. Didn't play much with the other kids. Didn't have enough time. Always studying. Reading. Learning.

He takes a moment to hold back the flood of memories. He sniffles again and wipes at his nose.

I graduated from college on May 19th, 1976. My thesis paper was a hit. A masterpiece they said. The new "modern standpoint of practical philosophy". Of course it was just a bunch of hyped up gibber-jab. Those people were children when it came down to it. I was the intellectual giant. I stormed the philosophy branch of every college on the east coast. It was a GODDAMN HONOR to have published Carl Hausway. It was a GODDAMN HONOR to have Carl Hausway give a presentation at your college. And then 1994 came. I had just given a nice oratory spill on the dealings of Epictetus and Viktor Frankl. Just leaving a typical after-presentation dinner party. Sure, I had had some wine. Some shots. I had even done a line of cocaine in the bathroom. I needed it. My nerves were everywhere. The people in the ballroom generally talked about how wonderful I was. How great a philosopher I was...

He sniffles again and you hear him cracking his knuckles. His voice grows bitter.

What a great fucking example I set. This time? I heard the growing seed of doubt and dissension. These people didn't understand me. This is 1994. The age of Clinton and United States supremacy across the globe. No one had time for a small town born philosopher. This wasn't a time of practical solutions. It was a time of idealism. Idealism of supremacy. I can assure you, this wasn't just a vice suffered by the world of academia. No, no. It permeated the world of politics as well. So much that the events of 9/11 could happen. 1994. Back to leaving the dinner party. My head. It feels weird. Not like the weird, pinching feeling I usually got after drinking too much or doing a little bit of cocaine. No. This felt like an overwhelming pressure. Like my mind was trying to birth a memory too big for my mind to handle. I sank to my knees. In that alleyway. Chicago. My head against the wall. It hurts so much.

He bends at the waste holding his head. His hands are clutching at his head and you can imagine him trying to pull his hair out.

The vision came to me. It felt so natural and so....these things I wasn't supposed to be privy to. I saw a man. A colleague. Mr. Adam Walton. Walking across the street. Lights come from his left and I can imagine it a car. I look deeper and see a figure painted by the light. At first I think it is my drug addled mind playing tricks on me, because this figure can't be what it looks to be. I only see it for a couple of seconds, five seconds maximum. Even then, its appearance makes me question my line of philosophy. The same line I've had for more than 20 years. The creature appeared to be a giant humanoid. I could make out the claws that shouldn't have been at the end of its hands. I could see the tufts of wild hair poking out from its mane. I could see the refelection of light in its shimmering fangs.

He stands up and puts a hand on his heart.

By the time the car passed, Dr. Adam Walton was gone. I never saw him again. I could've looked for him. Could've went to the authorities with what I saw when the search for him went up. But here I am. Carl Hausway, known drug abuser, antiquated philosophy major. A relic from the age past. Yeah I could've went to them, but I didn't. Because I value not being locked up. And the thrill of not telling was the most illicit thing I have ever experienced. Since then, my minds eye has seen crimes over and over again. I mainly ignore them. The last city I remember clearly was Brookvale. It was the dawn of a new year. 2010. Had I worked at some community college?

He scratches his head. He appears to be genuinely puzzled.

I think so. Scraping by on the bare minimum. there was a gun involved in my little mishap. I think I saw into the soul of one of those creatures. And it may or may not have turned out to be a fellow professor. Math.

He scoffs.

Never did like math anyways. The gun went off. 8 times. The vision is hazy. Newspaper articles everywhere the next day. "Disgruntled, philosophy professor shoots up school". Disgruntled? Yes. Shoots up school? Only in 2010 would shooting one man be doctored up to be a massacre. These goddamn kids.

He looks to his left and scratches his head hurriedly.

Well, audience. My time is up. Time is always up. Always. I always wanted to say this. The truth is out there!

That last bit is ended with wild cackling and the screen fades to static, then slowly fades to darkness...*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 01:32:24 pm by Firesolved » Logged
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2010, 09:05:03 am »

No worries man, I know you'll get to it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: