The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 21, 2014, 12:20:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in Hunter RP? (oWoD)  (Read 28335 times)
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2010, 01:59:53 pm »

Hey, my profile's almost done, but I'm rather confused by the Edges. Could you explain 'em please?

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2010, 02:08:25 pm »

I PM-ed you Cheez.  Let me know what your questions are, or post them up here in the forum and I'm sure either myself or Outlaw or Fire with post answers soon.

"Let's wax these critters"
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2010, 02:11:21 pm »

In unrelated news I cannot remember my -old- hunter character's name... fuck

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2010, 02:17:55 pm »

In unrelated news I cannot remember my -old- hunter character's name... fuck

Ask Outlaw. He has logs from the website and I am sure he could hookyou up with the name of your original character. As funny as that sounds.

And yeah Cheez, ask away and I will explain or flounder helplessly until Outlaw comes in with his army of knowledge and shit.
Raryn
Raryn? I'm not Raryn...
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I can wait

Raryn@hotmail.com ertsdjhgfgh4
View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2010, 02:18:42 pm »

I'll post me sheet and charcter background when I get home from work.
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2010, 02:27:12 pm »

Never mind, I think I understand it now. I think.

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 02:30:27 pm »

Never mind, I think I understand it now. I think.

Dont you worry. if you fuck it up, I will laugh at you and then correct it. No biggie.  The city fears me... I've seen it's true face...
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2010, 02:36:13 pm »

Helmi, I do have an archive I made of most of h--net's old posts before the server move, I should have your old characters name, I'll look when I get back from work and PM you.  

Cheez, if you have any great doubts about the way edges work let me know but I'll break it as basically as I can in the meantime.  Each edge is keyed to a virtue.  Either zeal, mercy or vision.  Normally a specific creed has it though there is a lot cross seeding possible.  So...  you have to have enough of the virtue to "buy" the edges.

Typically it will look something like this...

An avenger has a level 1 edge, in this case cleave.  His level two edge is muse of flame.  Level 1 + level 2 edge means he needs to have a total of 3 virtue available.  If he wants to use a level 3 edge he has to have a total of SIX zeal available, the original 3 plus the 3 for the new edge.

Edges are used similar to a spell in that you have to activate it and you have resources available to do so, for Hunter that resource is conviction.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2010, 02:38:31 pm »

If I recall correctly... my old character was named "Helmi" which makes for an incredibly lame, and confusing re-introduction on hunter-net.  I might just change his handle i/c xP.

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2010, 02:42:38 pm »

Not sure if you read it or not Outlaw (and other valued players/spectators), but I posted my backstory on the previous page. Excuse the odd layout. I just wanted to throw in a bunch of shit that felt off. That way the reader got a feeling of what it feels to be around Carl.
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2010, 03:12:20 pm »

Oh his login was definitely Helmi, I thought you meant his actual character name.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2010, 03:25:17 pm »

His character name would be useful... I can't remember if he ever used a name other than "Helmi"

If you don't want to go through all that crap you can always just foreward it to me and I can go through it n save you the time Smiley

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2010, 04:37:02 pm »

Hokai, I believe I've got it done now. Let me know if there's anything I've screwed up on.
http://i41.tinypic.com/242aaly.jpg
Current conviction: 3

I've not written it yet, but I was thinking that for her backstory, either A. Her daughter was killed during the event that got her imbued or B. social services took said daughter away after her imbuement because it looked like she'd gone crazy. Because of this, she's out for undead blood. Sound good?

EDIT- OK, that's bigger on screen than it was in Paint. Linked instead of displayed as an image.

EDIT 2- Appearance and backstory

Description:
Height: 5'3
Physique: Average
Appearance: Mary has a slightly pale, freckled complexion, brown eyes and mid-back length red hair, usually tied back in a ponytail. She usually wears off-brand trainers, jeans and Tshirts when not in her work uniform. During cold weather, she also wears an m1942 US army overcoat, originally her grandfather's.

Mary O'Sullivan is one of the horde of working class Irish-Americans scattered across the US. She's lived in Brookvale for about ten years now, being originally from Chicago. Her story is a typical one- she moved away from home after graduating from high school, got a job as a waitress to pay for a college course and never quite made it, instead staying in the diner for the next decade. If it weren't for the events of just over a month ago, she probably would have stayed there until retirement, bringing up her daughter Katheryn as best she could. Raising her alone (the father having just been a one night fling with unforeseen consequences) in a fairly rough neighbourhood was a challenge, but she coped.
The predictable familiarity of her life was shattered one evening, in mid January of this year. It had been a long day at work, and she was exhausted. Her feet and head aching from serving tables all day, Mary decided to take a bus home rather than walk as usual.
She waited at the bus stop for several minutes. Accompanying her were several youths and a middle aged man in a fairly decent suit. After five minutes or so of shivering and waiting for the bus, the scene changed. Everything felt somehow... wrong... Mary looked up. The first thing she noticed was the bus timetable- gone were the route codes and times, in their place a stark message- STOP THEM. The next thing she noticed was the guy in the suit. Where there had previously been a slightly overweight businessman type with thinning hair, there was now a decaying thing, hideous to behold. It noticed her staring at it. Looking at her with milky white eyes, it opened its mouth. Before the monstrosity could do or say whatever it planned to, Mary attacked. She had no weapons to bear, but in that moment it didn't matter. She had to choose between fight and flight, and her choice was clear. There are some things that simply must not be.

She got in one punch, then the youths were upon her, grabbing her arms and pulling her away. They did not comprehend. All they saw was some crazy woman flipping out and attacking an innocent man. The thing managed to get away in the confusion as passersby saw what was going on and tried to help.
Mary spent a night in the police station. Telling the cops what she saw didn't help at all. All it did was make them want to test for drugs. Of course none were found, but her mental stability was still questioned. Still, she was released and went home. Over the next few days, she prepared for the worst- her uncle, a retired Chicago PD beat cop, had insisted she take a few items from his firearm collection when he learned where she was moving to. She hadn't touched them once since moving in (except for one occasion when she thought she heard someone breaking in), but now she re-acquainted herself with them. How could she not, knowing what she now knew? She had no idea how good a gun would be against those things, but even the slightest advantage would help immeasurably.
Meanwhile, her friends and coworkers were getting worried- ever since her 'nervous breakdown' her behaviour had been strange and erratic. She was acting paranoid, avoiding people and places she had once frequented, often going to strange places and frequently turning up late to work looking like she hadn't slept. As well as concern for her, people worried for poor little Kathy- her mother surely wasn't being a good influence, and some even said the child might be in danger around her. A report was sent to Social Services explaining people's suspicions. A couple of weeks later, far faster than would normally be expected, an HHS agent knocked on her apartment door, backed up by a pair of cops. Mary argued and pleaded, but to no avail. They took her daughter. As they were leaving, Mary had a sudden flash of vision- only one of the people who took Kathy was actually human. The other two were rotting horrors, just like the man at the bus station. She ran at them screaming, but they were in a car and driving away before she could reach them. They had stolen her daughter. She had failed to stop them, failed to protect the most important thing in her life. Now there was no point in living. After a couple of days of hysterics and a failed suicide attempt, Mary vowed to get her revenge on these monstrosities. She realised she had been mistaken- there was still a reason for her to keep on living. Even if it killed her, she would track down and rescue her daughter if at all possible, and if not then rid the world of as many of those hellish creatures as she could.

NOTE- I was aiming for the American equivalent of the DSS. I think the HHS is right. Correct me if I'm mistaken.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:35:19 pm by Cheez » Logged

Raryn
Raryn? I'm not Raryn...
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I can wait

Raryn@hotmail.com ertsdjhgfgh4
View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2010, 04:46:03 pm »

Ok, here is my character.

Name:  Alexander Forsyth/The Doc               Nature:  Healer
Player: Raryn                                            Demeanor: Paragon
Chronicle: Brookvale                                   Concept: Disenfranchised Doctor

Primary Virtue: Mercy
Creed:  Redeemer
Starting Conviction: 3

Physical                      Social                      Mental

Strength:  **             Charisma: **              Perception: **
Dexterity: **              Manipulation: **         Intelligence: ****
Stamina: ***             Appearance: ***         Wits: ***

Talents                     Skills                         Knowledge:

Alertness: ***         Drive (Cars): *                 Academics: **  
Awareness: **          Etiquette: ***                  Medicine: ***
Empathy: ***           Firearms: *                     Research: **
Expression: *              Melee: *                        Science: *
Intuition: **              Security: *
Streetwise: *            Disguise: **
                             Survival: **

Backgrounds
Fame: *
Contacts: **
Resources: **

Edges

Outreach Redeemer level 1. Trigger Outspread hands
Insinuate Redeemer level 2.

Virtue
Mercy ***      Conviction ***       Willpower ***

Merits: Code of Honor (2-point, Medical code) Robust Health (1 point)
Flaws: Vice (2-point, Alcohol) Criminal record (3-point, explained below)

Alex is a rather dull looking character. A normal complexion, shoulder length brown hair, and dull green eyes. He stands just over six feet and weighs a light 185 lbs. He is normally seen wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, a gray dress shirt, a pair of old tennis shoes and a dirty white doctor's coat.

Alex grew up in a small town in the country. But he always knew that he wanted to be a doctor. He worked hard and managed to make it into a university that had a well known medical program. After graduating from university, he joined on as an assistant doctor at a hospital in Brookvale. It was at this time that he realized that there was something going on in the world that was not known to the general public. People started coming in with horrible diseases and illnesses. Alex's career as a licensed medical practitioner came to an end in a series of patients of horrible attacks. He was placed in charge of their treatment when he finally got a good look at what he had been figuring out. The patients were the victims of supernatural forces, nothing he did had any effect on their health and the patients slipped further and further away. He came to the attention of the hospitals director and the police when the patients began to die off. Alex lost his doctor's license and was placed under arrest for medical murder. The police were unable to find any evidence of the charges and he was released from jail, without having his license renewed. He turned to alcohol to cope with his loss, but he knew at some reach of his mind that he had been thrown into a world that he could never return from.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:24:26 pm by Raryn » Logged
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2010, 06:53:56 pm »

Doctors are good.  Doctors are great.  Doctors are fantastic!  I'm digging on what I'm seeing.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: