The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 27, 2014, 04:47:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Convent  (Read 17977 times)
Cassadar
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

:3

104017760 therealsaibot@web.de
View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 07:18:54 pm »

5 sounds slightly crazy... <.<

i vote 1....

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2010, 04:07:50 am »

1: I(Cass)
2:
3:
4:
5: I(Cricco)

Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2010, 07:30:38 am »

1 II (Cass, Ram)
5 I (Cricco)

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 03:25:26 pm »

6- combine 1 and 2. Go home and check the prints, but keep everyone in confinement at the same time.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2010, 06:09:54 pm »

I tore pages from a book to protect the stolen things from bumping into the rest of the trunk's contents. Don't worry, it a self-help book from the house, nothing useful. I hoped this way the fingerprints wouldn't get messed up. I really hoped the results would be fair: we had all handled these at some point, but the most complete and numerous prints should be the most recent.
For the first hour of our trip back home, we didn't talk much and people kept frowning at each other, but tension just can't stay that high for long, and eventually people started chatting again. Soon we grew hungry, and Larry pulled out his gun, saying that he had just seen a rabbit that would certainly be delicious. I answered with a question: "Are you kidding?" Bullets aren't that plentiful, out here close to the zombies too loud noises were not desirable, a single rabbit was not goint to make a difference on our dinner, and it would waste precious time to roast it. I did not like the way he grinned and rolled his eyes as he put his weapon away, but he didn't insist. I wondered if he wanted to distract us. After all, whoever had stolen our stuff knew his prints would soon accuse him, and had interest in parting with us. But I promised that if the thief denounced himself before reaching the Convent, I would let him leave unharmed, and I think Larry knew I'd keep my word: I knew better than teaching the others to lie to me in the future.
I forced myself not to think about it. We were on the road, there were zombies everywhere, waiting for a disturbance to wake up and come after us, we were all armed, and our leader - me - getting paranoid was the first step on the quickest road to disaster. We'd know soon enough. We saw a convenience store that looked like it hadn't been looted yet and stopped there. Why eat our reserves? I walked to the dirty glass door and tried to peek inside. I saw a human form, but I couldn't tell whether it was a zombie or a normal corpse. I wiped the dirt off the glass to get a better view, and concluded it was the former. Unless very recent, a corpse would have decayed long ago. I'm sure it wasn't a slow zombie, it would have knocked things over trying to get out, these don't like to stay alone very long. The place was also too tidy for its inoccupant to be a raging zombie, they threw tantrums even when alone. It could be a surprise zombie though. These were good at not leaving traces, and only its lethargy allowed it to be seen. Or a nun zombie - ahah, I had annoyed the nuns when I named these that - it turned out that the very gentle yet always ready to convert you zombie was common enough to be a kind of its own, not just strange specimens of slow zombies.
I told the others and began to walk away, but they protested. Sam, while a level-headed, handy and independent man, enjoyed celebrating a succesful mission with booze, preferably some that was collected during the mission itself, to add an extra zest of victory to the taste. The others weren't opposed to getting the unhealthy food and drinks this trove hid. I was clearly in the minority, and the risk wasn't enormous, I just didn't like to take it for so little. We really didn't need these things, no matter how nice they were.

1) This is an useless risk and we won't take it. We have the doctor with us, and we have a criminal among us, it's not the time to complicate our trip! We can always come back later if we really want.
2) Shoot the zombie through the glass door. Danger gone!
3) Open the door then shoot the zombie: breaking the glass would leave the inside exposed to the elements and damage whatever we can't take on the first trip. We'll want them later.

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2010, 06:33:37 pm »

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2010, 12:29:49 pm »

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2010, 07:04:15 pm »

Sam passed first and gave the door a shake. It moved with slight resistance from the lack of maintenance. The zombie "woke up" with a seizure-like start. Sam nodded at me and I aimed my gun, waiting for him to swing the door open. I didn't want us to become exposed more than an instant, given how unpredictible the special zombies could be. According to the technician, the sick ones were even poison! We didn't give this one time to prepare anything, either. It had barely managed to lift its head and give us a look when the door was open and I shot. No miss possible at this range, danger was taken care of. Larry couldn't help but scoff: "You didn't want me to waste ammo for food, but you just did that!" Come on! There was more food here than in a rabbit! Plus it wasn't my decision, it was the majority's. But I forced myself to laugh, not to encourage the others to fight. Did you know being a leader was stressful?
The others rushed in and we entered the store in a rather chaotic fashion, all but Sam who was still behind the door, holding it open. We lacked order there, bumping into each other and, tragically, neglecting to check whether having killed one zombie meant that the place was really clear, or if the presence of one really excluded the presence of another. I can't say I heard the thing, the thing was a raw attack on the senses rather than a sound. The vibration felt like my heart was flopping around in my chest like a fish, but in my head it felt more like a continuous explosion, the chinese bamboo torture and an airplane crash, all bred together with rusty nail DNA to fill in the gaps. You'd think it makes sense if you had felt it. And it wasn't just a sensation, I was really hurt, my hearing was no more than an unpleasant ringing and the world had no up or down anymore. I saw a figure that wasn't one of us as I fell to the ground... as all of us fell to the ground. Another zombie, one that either had psychic powers or some evil hypersounds, or something, something that made me completely unable to function at least for now... My only hope now was that it would only eat one of us, and that the others would have the time to recover before we were all bitten... The ones who had been behind were a little better off, they were crawling away dizzily, but maybe in a moment they'd be able to handle their weapons and save the rest of us... It hurts, everything is going dark... please let me wake up alive!

I'll have to tell the nuns that praying seems to work, because when I came back to my senses, I didn't crave human flesh. Yet. Good, because if I had been dead and feeling like this, it would mean I'm a sick zombie, and it sounds like no fun. The place reeked of vomit, and I wasn't surprised to see that some of it was from me. It felt awful, but also getting better, I'd recover I guess.
The others! If I survived, it's because someone else kept the zombie busy by being eaten! Who?
The only corpses I found were zombies. Two zombies. The one I shot, and the one I hadn't seen. Every human here seemed alright. Dr. Robert, Sandra and Larry were standing. They had been the furthest away from the zombie. The others were about in the same state as I. Sam, shielded by the door, had been spared the effects of that ungodly scream, and saved us by shooting the monster. I did not know it by his account though, but by Robert, who had been lucid enough to see him do it, then drop some boxes of ammunition out of the carriage, seat himself at the front and pedal away with all our stuff.
We were barely able to walk, were at several hours from home even in the best conditions, and all we had on us were the clothes on our backs and the guns we had with us - three in total, and only one that could aim accurately at any distance - with the ammunition Sam had been kind enough to leave behind.
I should have thought the one with most skills at surviving alone would be the most likely to desert the group! And I was sure it was Larry because he was a jerk (Hey, he IS!) Ok, that was irrelevant now, we weren't in a state that allowed chasing him.

1) Lock ourselves in the convenience store until one of us is well enough to go back to the Convent and get help.
2) Lock ourselves in the store until we're well enough to go back home, leaving no one behind, it's too dangerous to stay without a sufficient group.
3) If I'm not mistaken, our location is visible from the Convent's upper floor. If we wait for night to come and build a large fire, they'll see it and get the cue.
4) Do a barrel roll.

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 06:12:32 am »

Cassadar
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

:3

104017760 therealsaibot@web.de
View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 07:19:21 pm »

xP

also 4.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 09:14:31 pm »

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 09:51:03 pm »

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2010, 03:16:17 pm »

2 : 2
4 : 4 or 3....

Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2010, 08:11:49 pm »

I looked at the others, a group of dizzy, weakened survivors, not unlike I was myself, struggling to stand up... hell, why stand up? I dropped and rolled and got... no, I did not get up. Rolling around did not do good to my already abused sense of balance, and I fell back into the puddle of vomit I had already rolled into.
Wait now, what did I just do??? Well the others were as confused as me now. Robert leaned closer and said: "I saw you, you didn't fall, you dropped purposedly. Are you feeling alright?"
I didn't know what to answer, frankly. Why did I roll around on a floor I knew to be covered in vomit for no reason? He saw my confusion and went doctor on me. Doctors do that. "Looks like you're not alright. You're going to sit down over there and try to stay as calm as possible. We were all knocked out by that crazy vibration, I'd be surprised if no one had a concussion or something of the sort. Being confused is normal, your brain can't work normally right now. It's not very bad, but you won't be very competent for a while. Now I'll examine everyone to make sure nobody has something worse, but you first. Does your head hurt?"
He asked many questions, an annoying amount of them actually, and eventually decided that Francine, Joe and myself were not in a state to travel safely or even take care of ourselves reliably, and recovering could take up to months. I wasn't fucked up to the point of not realising that the others would not be able to look after us on the road, three disabled men to five moderately diminished ones was not a sustainable ratio. And we couldn't stay here this long either, the store's snack food wouldn't last us this long. And Robert wasn't done playing doctor:
"This store has proper painkillers if anyone needs a relief, but I'd feel better if I had dexamethasone at hand. We have three brain injuries here, and I can't be one hundred percent sure they're only concussions. If someone's brain decided to swell, that medicine could save his life. Sam forgot to drop my bags out of the carriage so I have none. We're not far from the Convent and some of you roam these streets a lot. One of you must know of a drugstore or a clinic in the area. Larry, would you accompany me there?"
I did know this area a little. I had explored with people not present today, and the silence confirmed that no one else knew about it. I knew the general location of a drugstore, but not precisely, I wasn't exactly sure of where we were, it was little better than searching blindly. I didn't want the doctor to risk his life out there, he was precious to our community and too old to run around like this. And in my state, I wouldn't be taken seriously if I objected to him going, I can suggest things but anything unpopular will be rejected.

1) Don't tell, he won't risk his life out if he doesn't know where to go. We'll rest for a couple of days, we can afford it.
2) I could die if I need that dexathingamagic and don't have it. Francine and Joe too. I'd risk one life for three, I'll tell him, and insist that only one "healthy" person stay to look after us - we're a little messed up, but not crazy - so the team on the go is large enough, not just two men.
3) Remind people that we still can build a fire to signal our position to the Convent. The guys won't venture into danger while they're busy picking scrapwood.
4) Lie. Tell him there is a drugstore in "that direction" which happen to be the Convent's. By the time they realise I sent them the wrong way, they'll see the place and figure out the smartest thing to do is get there and send help.

"Also, nobody touches the beer." - Robert

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2010, 07:09:46 am »

Three.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: