The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 31, 2014, 09:22:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No.  I fuck ON.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Convent  (Read 17553 times)
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: March 23, 2010, 08:57:36 pm »

Unless someone saved it (I didn't) Tina disappeared with the old forum, but people liked to be the hero, so lets take another shot at it!

My name is Peter Parker. Don't you say anything about Spiderman, damnit, I got teased about it too often to enjoy that comic. Just call me by my first name, or, if you must give me a nickname, use your god damned imagination! Ok, aside from the eternal curse of sharing a celebrity's name, my life is probably as good as it can be given the situation. See, the world is overrun with zombies, most people are dead, no law, government or market remains, we're quite close to fucked, don't you think? Hell yeah, zombies! The hungry, mindless, undead hordes, exactly like in the movies! Except for a detail. They don't rot. They won't fall apart, they keep going, year after year. You'd think my life is miserable.
Well no, I'm fine! I found a nice place to hide for a nearly a year, and when I saw that the zombies weren't going away, I left... well now that was tricky, I almost got cornered, but I jumped a wall the slow zombies couldn't follow me over, and found myself in the middle of... nuns!
Almost all occupants of that convent survived, they had a large walled land which they were already farming, the suburb had caught up with that area and loot was never far, and they had wisely allowed many young people in early on, so they had plenty of strong arms to do the work. The official leader is an old crippled nun, Sister Michelle, who manages the farm and acts as an embassador with other survivors, and the de facto leader is a middle aged woman that we all call Mom, though don't let her benevolent and sensible ways fool you, she has blood on her hands. She has thighs I wouldn't want to see bared, but Major O'Connor, the previous leader, didn't mind a shapeless bottom as the rest of her is attractive enough. Having some military experience myself, I don't believe he was ever an officer, but I'll never get to ask him, he shot her husband over a minor transgression, somehow not expecting people to figure out why. What happened next... remember that when dealing with her: she's gentle, but if needed she will strike from behind, and she can lift damn large rocks to break your spine with. And that zombie who made it into the walls just as he was reduced to a helpless crawl? Just don't mess with Mom, just don't.
Ah, and there's myself! I found my place in that happy little society's leadership, I train and lead teams to venture out of the walls, and make up defense plans against other survivors. When she thinks we need something from outside, Mom asks me and we decide together if it's worth the risk. Now there isn't much to debate though, we traded experts with another community we found several hours of walk away (we located them because they light their building at night) our doctor for their technician, now that he helped us set up the solar panels we gathered, we have to drive him back to his home and get our doctor back.
He's fit enough to walk, but I'm thinking of using the car - it's a human powered vehicle, we have no working motors - because aside from the excuse of his safety and comfort, we can use it to carry extra ammunition and explosives. I suspect his group to be ready to endanger him to keep our doctor, and we should be ready to bust the man a way out if needed, but on the other hand if they find out, they'll be at best offended, and most likely feel threatened, and we don't need a war on our arms. Plenty of guns we can explain, but explosives are a lot less useful against zombies. On the other hand, we can run into special zombies (I'll explain later) and then better be overpowered, really!
1) Go on foot, we'll have more choices of routes. We're already used to carry the zombie surviving essentials.
2) Take the car for safety, add some ammo in the trunk, and some fresh food if a bribe sounds helpful.
3) 2 + explosives in case we need to bust into the base, and all men not needed for the Convent's immediate defense.
4) 3 and eagerness to use it all! We're stronger, if they're not happy we'll make sure not to have to worry about them ever again!

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 04:30:37 am »

4!

Cassadar
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

:3

104017760 therealsaibot@web.de
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 04:03:55 pm »

5! go in guns blazing!!

... no? xD

okis... 4!

also hope more people will vote...

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 05:11:38 pm »

I like 5 as well, shame its not an option.

Votes:

1:

2:

3:

4: II (Cricco, Cass)

(just thinking if we do a vote tally we can keep it in tabs so dodom.)

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 06:03:56 pm »

Three. I like a good slaughter as much as the next bloke, but it would be a terrible strategic decision.

Votes:

1:

2:

3: I (Cheez)

4: II (Cricco, Cass)

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Corvus
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 03:58:33 am »

Sounds exciting Tongue

We all die alone, but it saddens me to know that I live alone.
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 04:46:26 pm »

In this story, you don't only control Peter's actions, but also shape his personality. The questions follow an evolutionary logic: the more aggressive options are chosen, the less moderate options will show up, and vice-versa. Now that you know you have the power to make him go crazy, will you use it?

My ass, it is covered.
See the skinny blonde drooling all over himself? Well, not literally, but trust me, his intellect isn't far above legally disabled. Anyway, that's Larry, and he's a walking redneck caricature. Proud to have no culture, with less than minimal hygiene, racist as fuck, and with an opinion as loud as simplistic on everything. I recruited him in our attempt of an army, as much to keep an eye on him as to give him a time to vent his aggression. I never object to him demolishing zombies with a shovel, maybe deep inside me I want him dead.
As I said, my ass is covered. Because I don't think we should yield to a visibly weaker community if they want to make trouble, but I know Sister Michelle will want my head on a silver plate if I engage them first. And I can easily goad Larry into initiating the hostilities.
I also arranged an accidental spill ruining the technician's coat, so he'll be wearing one of ours, if the others want to snipe us from afar, they won't know their guy from ours.
The carriage was loaded hours ago, as planned. Everyone carry pistols on their person, and there is one assault rifle for each plus one, for the doctor when he joins us. Some food and spare clothes... Ammunition of course, smoke grenades and homemade explosives to bust a potential of three uncooperative walls.
And so we left. The roads around the Convent are clean, me cleared them of cars and debris long ago, and drag the zombies we kill away, so we walked a good twenty minutes easily, with the engineer sitting comfortably with a younger woman in the pedal-powered vehicle two men propelled. The wide wheels could easily go over moderate sized debris, but we had to slow down nonetheless when we left the cleared streets. We were eight in total, enough to win a fight if needed, I'm sure.
And, as expected, we encountered a handful of zombies. Sandra, one of the two women in our group, pointed at the horizon, and everyone looked. Three zombies were visible between houses. Maybe more, we couldn't see very far with all the buildings, trees and clutter. Most zombies aren't very bright, it's likely they had not seen us yet. If we went our way, we could perhaps avoid them, but if we had to fight later, they'd hear it and we'd have to fight on two fronts at once. If there are more nearby, then gunshots could attract a bigger crowd than we like to face, zombies have the bad habit of bringing all their friends along.

1 - Shoot these zombies. We're not too far in so if we're outnumbered we can always retreat.
2 - Walk on, stealth is for free.
3 - Go back a little, make noise to attract them to an area we know as safe and kill them there. It's long yeah, but it's as safe as I can find.
4 - Find another route.

Edit: As I was writing, I kept thinking: Stupid memory, I feel like there is a forumite named Larry, is it the case damnit? And later it came back: Yes, there totally is one! Well, it's not him, ok? I just couldn't remember soon enough. Stupid brain. *smacks own head*
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:05:17 pm by Dodom » Logged

Cassadar
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 05:35:22 pm »

2!

i will now switch between aggressive and nonaggressive possibilities as often as possible Tongue

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 08:34:48 pm »

Two. I for one am going to keep making the choices I think make the most sense.

Votes:

2. II (Cass, Cheez)

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 05:22:00 am »

2. III (Cass, Cheez, Cricco)

Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 11:51:09 am »

I told the others to move on. Yeah, told them aloud, without keeping my voice down. If the zombies had beed close enough to hear, they would have noticed us long ago. We had long left the clear area, so our advance was unpleasantly sluggish. This was a suburban area, with enough open space to move in gereral, but it didn't mean that no street was blocked with broken cars, debris and things like that fallen tree we now had to move out of the way. The technician insisted to help us move it as it was part of his expertise, but I only allowed him because an extra pair of arms was an extra par of arms, that kind of job isn't a matter of expertise of any sort. Meh, he wanted to stretch his legs I guess, and he didn't hurt himself doing the work, so no harm. He climbed back in the carriage and I ordered Francine, the girl who had been sitting next to him, to replace one of the men at pedalling, while he sat in her place to rest himself. The carriage was an annoyance whenever you stopped thinking of the possibility of having to fight to get our man back, but I reminded myself of it, if it happened, our weapons would not be a burden.
I insisted on avoiding a tight group of appartment buildings, it was impossible for them not to contain zombies, but in our way around it, we met... zombies. The post-apocalyptic world isn't exactly full of surprises. Trigger-happy Larry shot the one undead who shambled from between the bushes, and for once I can't blame him, that's exactly what I would have done. The hideous thing - sometimes they look horribly normal and even pretty, but never after taking a bullet to the face - staggered on, its brain not entirely destroyed, but fell after a few steps, and a slimy substance poured from its broken skull. We stopped moving. The noise would draw surrounding zombies out, and we knew better than run into a pack of them without knowing exactly how many and where they were.
A scratching noise on my left startled me. We walked past broken cars rather carelessly, because they were bad places for zombies to hide, but there was on in there. Normally, either the windows were open and they crawled out after squirming out of their seatbelt, so the cars were empty long before we found them, or the windows were closed and the sun cooked them into little brittle mummies. This one was trapped in an apparently scealed car, and was still intact enough to awake from its lethargy when it heard us. It was one of the worst zombies: a child, that we wouldn't help but feeling guilty over killing. I leaned toward the window and saw the street through the badly corroded floor. The car's poor maintenance had kept the poor thing cool enough to survive this long apparently, but barely. The child was emaciated, its skin looking even more lifeless than usual, its twig-like limbs bared by a shirt whose last tatters clung to its shoulders. It rose weakly to face me and clawed at the glass as if to call for help. Was I dreaming, or was it sobbing? Or choking, something between the two. Then it gasped and coughed greenish mucus all over the glass. It didn't seem to notice the mess as it kept pushing its forehead into the window, and its spasms resumed after a moment. Great, I have a sick zombie child to kill! God insists on making me an asshole today!
I don't know what makes a zombie sick, but I sure don't want to catch it. I've been told that it happens once in a while, but since a zombie that's about to throw up needs to be shot as quickly as the next one, no one went out of their way to figure out more. I looked around: only two more zombies had heard the gunshot and came toward us, we weren't in danger. As soon as these were disposed of, I gestured toward the captive one, hesitating about what to do.

1) Spare it. It's a child, it's trapped and it's weak. Nearly harmless. The person who shoots it will have nightmares for the next month, it's not worth it.
2) Shoot it. It feels wrong to kill a child, but it's worse to let it suffer as a zombie, let alone a distressed, sick one!
3) Release it. A bug that makes zombies sick might make our lives easier if it's allowed to spread, and I doubt it can be dangerous for us as well. It could be the common cold for all we know.
4) Let Larry kill it. Its blood will be on the hands of someone who won't care. I'll just order him to make it quick, if I just order the child-zombie to be tortured to death it won't make my conscience any lighter.

Cassadar
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 11:56:25 am »

4!!

also.... noobs!! lololol xD

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 12:04:09 pm »

Four here too.

4. II (Cass, Cheez)

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 01:21:18 pm »

3. I (Cricco)
4. II (Cass, Cheez)

Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »

Larry grinned when I told him he could have that kill, and reached to open the door.
"Oh come on! Can't you do one thing like you're told for a change?"
It didn't change much, in all the time the car had been abandonned, its doors had rusted shut. Larry shrugged, raised his gun and shot... into the zombie's chest. The thing convulsed once, as if shaken by the blow, and sprayed - you can't mistake that smell - vomit out the now broken window. A good thing no one was standing right in front of it. The zombie began to crawl out of the car, and I gestured at Larry to do his job instead of playing with it. He nodded and this time aimed for the zombie's head.
Suddenly I heard shouting from behind me. The technician was fighting the man next to him; he had taken his gun and aimed it... toward me? I reached for my gun, Larry turned toward him, but with our own men fighting him, we couldn't safely shoot. Fortunately, he didn't see petite Francine coming when she grabbed his hand and twisted the gun out of it. Disarmed, he was easy to pin down, and I tried to calm everyone so no one killed him before he could talk.
"Kill it! he screamed. Don't... fool around! It's poisonous! If a zombie pukes on you you'll die, it could kill us all! Don't play with it, kill it now!
- Was telling us instead of stealing a weapon so hard? WE could have killed YOU!
- I'm sorry, I panicked, you... you have to take them more seriously than that!"
He was motioning at the child zombie with his head, his limbs being tightly restrained. "Ok, release him."
My heart jumped when I heard a gunshot, but it was Larry finally finishing the zombie off. He'll get us all killed someday. We gave ourselves a minute to calm down and resumed moving.
The way was long, the damned carriage slowed us more than I expected, and the sun was too low for my comfort. Travelling by night was never the prefered way to go. We could make it to the others' home by night, but not back to the Convent. It might be better to stop to sleep in a building. The bungalows in this area were all but fortresses but we could find a comfortable one and just avoid attracting zombies to us.

1- Settle for the night in one of the bungalows.
2- Do we want to sleep next to the nervous engineer? Lets drive him home and sleep after we have our doctor back.
3- We could actually ask the other community to shelter us for the night.
4- We have lamps, if we trace our way back we know there's no zombies left there, we can travel by night.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: