The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 01:02:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: But I didn't mean to...

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer issue, can anyone help?  (Read 3213 times)
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 18, 2011, 03:51:26 am »

Hey guys, my computer's done something funny. Whereas before any programmes running would take up the whole screenright down to the start bar at the bottom, there's now a space nothing will enter at the bottom. Instead I get a thin strip of my background. I've tried opening several programmes, and they all look like this:

Does anyone know what the fwip is going on here, and more importantly how to fix it?

EDIT- Even when I opened VLC and tried playing a video on fullscreen mode, it didn't. It filled everything except the gap and the start bar below it. It's like my computer thinks its screen has shrunk...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 03:53:29 am by Cheez » Logged

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 09:13:23 am »

Have you tried restarting it? Setting the resolution differently? Is it some kind of virus? Something with the colour setting that has become glitched or maybe you have accidentally altered it? Do you have a new background and if so where did you get it from, have you downloaded anything new recently from any sites you did not trust?

One thing I REALLY need to ask is, have you accepted any updates from Microsoft?

Whatever it is I might have a solution. There is this option called RECOVERY, it basically is like a time warp except for your computer. it should be in your action centre somewhere. Click on the little update button in your bottom right, it's the thing that looks like a sheet of blue paper with a yellow ring around it and three dots. (Its the first thing on the right side of your toolbar) once you have clicked on that a new page should open and then click on the top left option that says, "Control Panel", This should open another page, the top bit should have an option that says RESTORE YOUR COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER TIME, set it to yesterday or some time before this problem appeared. If you have something important that you made a couple of days before, save it somewhere like a flash drive so they don't get altered. Restoration is easy and useful, I have had to use it a couple of times to get rid of Microsoft updates that totally frakked my computer.

Tell me if this works.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 12:52:50 pm »

restarting the sucker should help... if it does not, i have no idea what will.

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 01:27:35 pm »

I think I remember seeing something like that on someone's computer. That person had several of those useless toolbars installed, I assumed that it might be one of them that cleared space on the screen for itself but failed to display due to a bug. However it wasn't my computer and I wasn't asked to mess with it, so I didn't look for what really did it.

Check the task manager for any program running that you didn't ask to be running, I guess...

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 04:36:24 pm »

Well, it fixed itself eventually. Something else broke thanks to a Windows update, so I restored it.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:31:36 am »

The power of Jesus saved you from sucking the fat one.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:36:43 am »

Please refrain from going into the archived threads and reviving them. This was solved back in JUNE. We don't need it back on the front page again. And locked.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: