The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 28, 2014, 03:42:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunter the Reckoning: Brookvale  (Read 26604 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 11:18:40 am »

"There will be no such meeting, proposition or contract where you are concerned, tortured soul. I ask you now, leave us in peace and never show your face again. I will do what is neccessary to keep the balance. No blood need be shed here, not even yours."

The thing turned to look over its shoulder, "Carl, you need to sit down before you fall down.  And please tone down the melodrama.  I certainly have no intention that any blood be spilled here today and I assure you, my soul is free of whatever form of torture you may be alluding to.  However if you insist on interfering with what is my business I can promise you that I will not leave you in peace."  Its voice went from converstaional to bitter coldness, ending with a chilling glare before turning away from Carl.  "It's painfully obvious that you are neither aware of what the balance is or what it would take to protect it."

Brandon jumped at the mention of balance, first by Carl, then by the thing standing in front of him.  Of the three words he had seen "unatural" seemed the most self explanatory.  Beware?  Absolutely, he was on his toes right now.  Balance?  He wasn't sure where that fit at all right now...

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 12:07:10 pm »

Carl smiled at the thing, glad he had been able to penetrate its thin veil of calm. The violence promised to him in those cold, dead eyes had absolutely thrilled him.

"And it is even more painful for me to look at you for even a minute more. Complete your business, hollow thing, leave and never come back." His voice was even and calm. Carl was not scared. This thing was powerful, no doubt, but Carl was above such things at the moment. Right now he was only concerned with the balance. And this creature was disrupting it.

Carl eyed the young man at the counter. The thing had touched him with its filthy hands. It had also touched the other man at the counter. That couldn't be a coincidence. Carl saw something bigger happening here.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 01:04:32 pm »

Mary's eyes widened as the newcomer came in, flashing its sickening smile. Her breathing became slightly shallower and her hands gripped the counter-top  hard enough for her knuckles to go white. If any of the patrons were to look at her, it would be easy to see she knew something was wrong about this 'man'. As it approached her she forced herself to breathe normally, releasing her deathgrip on the counter. Her right hand slipped into a pocket, fingers curling around an object with a comforting shape and weight.

"Mary my dear, it has come to my attention that you have some, how shall I say this?  Abilities... that may in fact be useful to me.  Oh, don't look so surprised dear.  Your kind keeps popping up and you certainly didn't try to be subtle when you attacked one of my associates.  He has no hard feelings you know, he's been through it all before. So you have something that could benefit me and I have something that you want, I believe this is wherein the nature of a business proposition or contract is discussed, perhaps somewhere a bit more private?"

Mary gasped as she saw what was in the man's hand. Her heart sank like a stone as she quickly snatched the business card from the thing with her left hand. Before she could reply, one of the nearby customers spoke.

"There will be no such meeting, proposition or contract where you are concerned, tortured soul. I ask you now, leave us in peace and never show your face again. I will do what is neccessary to keep the balance. No blood need be shed here, not even yours."

Tortured soul? He knows.

Mary's voice was ice when she replied "The corner booth. I don't trust you as far as I could throw you, you fecking abomination, and there is no way in hell I'm going anywhere with you. We can talk over there, but people can still see us."

She looked at Carl with an expression that would plainly show she was scared and needed help, but wanted him to stay away.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 01:33:56 pm »

Carl remained standing and watched the waitress carefully.

"The corner booth. I don't trust you as far as I could throw you, you fecking abomination, and there is no way in hell I'm going anywhere with you. We can talk over there, but people can still see us."

Her half-pleading look almost made him jump at it right then but he stood fast. He had meant what he said. No blood need be shed. His vision didn't have to be literal. And he could see to it that the balance remained without resorting to violence.

"I'll be right here." He said quietly.
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 02:56:24 pm »

--ah, hell.  can't even have a quiet cup of coffee in this goddamn town--

Mary's voice was ice when she replied "The corner booth. I don't trust you as far as I could throw you, you fecking abomination, and there is no way in hell I'm going anywhere with you. We can talk over there, but people can still see us."

Truant pulled the police issue .357 revolver out of his backpack and quickly checked to make sure it was loaded.  He tried to keep his motions unsuspicious and the sound of the chamber sliding shut quiet... But it seemed like everything was in slow motion and the sound of the revolver slapping shut was like a gunshot in and of itself.

He stood up, crossed his arms so no one observing from outside the diner could see he was armed, and strolled over to the unfolding scene although anyone in the room could plainly see the police issue held to his left side under his crossed arms, cocked and open for business.

"I'll be right here." He said quietly.

"Oh, don't mind me... I'm just a 'fly on the wall', so to speak" Truant said as he strolled up.  His face was emotionless and he had a certain confidence in his step, even though his heart was racing to pump adrenaline to every muscle in his body. Truant stopped and stood with his feet apart at about shoulder length, letting the green trench coat drape over his hips and legs.

Truant looked pointedly at the abomination before him "However, motherfucker, one unpleasant move out of you and you have my word I'll be making some permenant alterations to your pretty little face".  Truant winked and half smiled at the creature to project his feigned confidence, even though he was shaking in his boots.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 06:52:40 pm by Helmi_17 » Logged

"Let's wax these critters"
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 04:04:33 pm »

The thing and Mary began to move to one of the corner booths, away from the rest of the group.

The kid in the back got up from his computer and approached the pair, his young face set in a grim scowl.  "Oh, don't mind me... I'm just a 'fly on the wall', so to speak.  However, motherfucker, one unpleasant move out of you and you have my word I'll be making some permenant alterations to your pretty little face".

The thing turned to face Truant, positioning himself as though he were protecting Mary from him.  With an expression that was like a parody of a thoughtful frown it addressed the youth with a voice that dripped with sarcastic disdain.  "And where did you come from boy?  You're not from around here, so I really don't expect you to understand but the lady and I have BUSINESS to discuss.  Adult things you understand?  Please run along and save your crude threats for when you are actually being threatened.  I have already said I have no desire to see blood spilled here today but you all seem very determined to sorely test me."  Turning back to Mary he gestured to the booth she had indicated and bowed slightly, "Ladies first my dear."  Before she had a chance to respond the creature snapped out in an authoritative tone, "Brandon, I do hope you're hope you're not planning on doing something foolish."

Brandon froze, he had been in the act of turning the sign in the diner door from "YES WE'RE OPEN" to "SORRY, WE'RE CLOSED."  Brandon cleared his throat.  "I just thought more privacy would be appreciated." 

The creatures eyes flicked from Mary to the sign in Brandons' hands, "Fine."  It smiled its unerving smile again.  Brandon couldn't take his eyes off the thing as he returned to his seat by the counter.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 04:17:52 pm »

"Zach, just get out of here, OK? This is dangerous."

Mary admired the kid's bravado, but she couldn't stand to see him hurt, or worse.

She sat at the booth and waited for the abomination to speak. Her right hand was still in her pocket.

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 04:49:47 pm »

"I have already said I have no desire to see blood spilled here today but you all seem very determined to sorely test me."

Zach had never seen such arrogance out of one of these things after such an exchange.  Usually he'd be emptying his gun now... Of course, usually the things weren't much interested in talking.

He fought back the urge to take a step back like a coward, and instead locked eyes with the thing and stood his ground.

"Fine.  Have it your way" Truant uncocked the .357 without moving his arms.  "From around here, maybe not, but you're just going to have to deal with the change in scenery because I am not going anywhere."  Zach didn't take his eyes off the creature for a second, or move an inch.  "Mary, we'll talk later but for the time being... Don't fuckin' tell me about dangerous, K?" Zach cracked the same silly smile he'd given her just a few minutes earlier in hopes it would ease her fears, but didn't take his eyes off the creature in front of him.

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 05:01:43 pm »

Mary noticed the pistol as Zach uncocked it. "Zach, please. Just..." she sighed, shaking her head slightly. To the thing, she said "Now, what do you want?"

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 05:33:27 pm »

"Zach is it?"  The thing turned back to the young man with his hideous smile.  "I'll remember you young one.  I remember many like you, too full of bravado and lacking the common sense to back down from a fight they can't possibly win.  If it soothes your ego stand there, but do not interrupt me again."

It turned back to Mary, leaning close and keeping his voice low.

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 05:38:17 pm »

Mary looked at something the thing put on the table and replied, her voice equally low.

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 06:11:54 pm »

Zach stood and watched, frustrated with the way the scenario seemed to be going down. These people don't know a god damn thing about the real world.  He imagined for a second cleaving the thing in half with his crowbar, but decided against it.  It became readily apparrent to Zach that Mary and this abomination were going to have dealings regardless of what he did, and he decided that words on the subject later were better than bullets in the diner now. Fuck it.  Just shut up and watch... You can always look up that Zealot guy for some artillery and take this thing out later... Besides, maybe this thing has something to do with that club you shot up earlier.

Zach sighed heavily and audibly, put the .357 into the inside pocket of his trench coat, and started walking back towards his table.  He promised Mary he'd finish his coffee, after all.

(((OOC Note... Outlaw, I can edit anything you request since I've just been pulling stuff out of my ass here since the game started xP.)))

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 07:33:26 pm »

(((OOC Helmi, Pulling stuff out of your ass is the way of the forum RP, have at it  Grin )))

Brandon watched with interest at the hushed exchange between the creature and Mary.  "Hey, buddy," Brandon jumped at the voice that came seemingly out of nowhere.  "What's going on out there?"  Brandon turned to see the cook, peering out at the dining room at the strange scene playing out.  Brandon merely shrugged and turned back to watching the two huddled figures.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 08:05:34 pm »

After moments of hushed conversation the creature passed something across the table to Mary then offered her his hand.  After a moment of hesitation she shook it.  "Wonderful..." the creature purred, loud enough for the room to hear.  "Take care Mary, you may of course extend my offer to the rest of your friends, I understand you cannot speak for them but consider yourself my agent in this matter.  Keep my card, I will be in touch."

The thing stood up, its long coat swirling around it as it moved towards the door.

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 08:37:25 pm »

Mary sat at the booth for a minute or two after the creature left, her head in her hands. When she stood up, she wiped her hand across her face. It was still quite obvious she'd been crying, though.

Seeing Joey, she said "Joe, you mind going back into the kitchen?"

Once he was gone, she turned to face the others. "I guess you could all see that thing's true face too, huh?"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: