The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 23, 2014, 07:07:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No.  I fuck ON.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunter the Reckoning: Brookvale  (Read 25338 times)
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 11:14:34 am »

"I assume he told you what this goes to Mary?"

Mary picked up the key, looking at it. "No, it didn't say. I thought there'd be some information on the creature it wants killed in there, it didn't say a word about this key."

She paused, thinking. "I could call it and ask..."

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 11:28:25 am »

(((OOC  No one has said if they've actually studied the envelope...)))

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2010, 01:54:07 pm »

Mary glanced at the envelope the key had been in. "...Or maybe there's no need. Look, it's watermarked. First National Bank of Brookvale. It's probably for one of their lockboxes."

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 02:04:11 pm »

Zach looked at Mary and took another gulp of coffee.  "It.  Yeah... Sorry.  To the bank then?"

Zach yawned.  He looked absolutely exhausted,  as a matter of fact, he looked like a 14 year old kid that's gotten about 3 hours of sleep the last few days.

"Hold that thought. To the bank and then a nap?"

Zach pulled his laptop out and banged away on the keyboard for a minute or so, closed it, looked up, and awaited an answer.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:07:37 pm by Helmi_17 » Logged

"Let's wax these critters"
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2010, 02:06:40 pm »

(((Just for a reality check, what time is it for Mary/Zach?  I'm juggling a few different activities between when the creature left at 6ish and 4 PM.)))

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 02:14:35 pm »

((OOC - I believe we're still chatting away as if the previous scene just went down.))

((OOCEDIT - Yes, between those times sounds about right.  We're going to have to talk OOC to make sure I don't fuck up your game by meeting with Zealot I/C)))
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:23:44 pm by Helmi_17 » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2010, 02:19:50 pm »

(((So between 0630 and 0700, that's what I thought but I wanted to make sure we're on the same page.)))

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2010, 02:28:49 pm »

((Yeah, I imagined that being a continuation of the conversation, so that fits.))

"Hold that thought. To the bank and then a nap?"

Mary nodded. "Yeah, if we're going to be doing anything then we'll need to be well rested. i don't imagine any of us have had much sleep recently." She paused, then asked "Say, what's that you're on?"

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 02:40:21 pm »

Zach rotated the laptop on the table so Mary could see.  "Uhm, it's a forum list for people like us.  Right now I'm corresponding with one of the guys on there.  He's in Chicago, and he runs guns on the side."

Zach took another gulp of the cooling coffee...  "I'm sorely lacking in the firepower department these days.  I left all the really good stuff with this H.P. I met a while back because at the time he needed it more than I do.  I just hope I have enough cash to get us put in a position to fight this asshole."

He rubbed some sleep from his eyes and continued posting on hunter-net while talking.  "You have any cash on hand?  The others are going to have to come up with some themselves... I have enough to take care of myself, but I don't exactly have a job or anything."

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2010, 02:45:36 pm »

Mary raised her eyebrows. "Wow. How the hell have I not found that yet?"
She tore a page out of her notebook, wrote down the url and put the scrap of paper in her pocket.

"You have any cash on hand? The others are going to have to come up with some themselves... I have enough to take care of myself, but I don't exactly have a job or anything."

"I've got some." she replied. "Not loads, but enough to have some spare cash once the bills are paid. Oh, good idea by the way- I don't think a few handguns is going to help much against that abomination."

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2010, 03:02:03 pm »

Zach laughed.  "Yeah, I'm not that old... But when it comes to this I'm light-years ahead of you guys!"  Zach cracked that big childish smile again for Mary before getting serious again.

"If we're going to take that son of a bitch down... We'll need to even the odds up a bit... Guns help, but the odds are always stacked in favor of the house.  I've seen these things take shots from hunting rifles and just smile.  And the thing we're up against... He's more than likely a tough son of a bitch."

Zach sighed... "Another thing we have to remember... He's coming to us for help, why would he do that?  Either he's afraid of what he's after or he's trying to get rid of a new group of Hunters in the area.  We either blow him away and risk your daughter or we play ball and find out what his game is, unless we can get something on him... Lemme look at this business card."

Zach looks at the card and starts digging around online to see what he can find.

(((OOC Note: Outlaw,  Zach is going to cross reference the numbers and name(s) on the card as well as the company name on the card if there is one.  He is also going to check that against the bank that owns the safety deposit box, and on a whim he's going to cross reference all the data with the club he was at the night before.  (the one noted in the H-net thread) Let me know what he comes up with or if you want me to roll dice.)))

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2010, 03:05:31 pm »

The card has only an ornate design on it, no names, no numbers.  There isn't enough info to cross reference as of yet.

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2010, 03:12:01 pm »

"Ah shit... There's nothing here Mary.  Let's go check out the box so we can get some sleep and meet everyone back here.  You got a decent couch?"

Zach smiled, packed up his things and stood up.

"Let's do this"

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2010, 03:16:05 pm »

"It said it wanted me to do it so it'd have plausible deniability. Makes sense I guess- even if you can take your enemy, you might still get hurt. Why bother when you can send in someone else and then say you've never heard of them if they fail?"  Mary shook her head. "I don't think it is coming to us for help. I think it's using us as tools."

"Ah shit... There's nothing here Mary.  Let's go check out the box so we can get some sleep and meet everyone back here.  You got a decent couch?"

Mary nodded. "Yeah, you can crash at mine if you want. Just need to check it with the boss first."
She then went into the kitchen to face Joey. "Hey, Joe? Is it OK if I take a break?"

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2010, 03:28:13 pm »

Joe's head reappeared at the window over the counter.  "Mary, you're killing me.  At least wait until 7:00 when Barb gets on ok?  You can call it a day then.  And where the hell is our breakfast rush?  Lousy fuckin' recession..."  Joe vanished again.  For the time being he hadn't noticed that the diner had been unofficially closed.  It's currently 6:40.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: