The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 01, 2014, 10:14:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunter the Reckoning: Brookvale  (Read 24155 times)
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2010, 06:32:47 pm »

"Nice to meet you, again."  Zach smiled.  "I know what you guys are going through... Trust me, I really do.  You gotta clench up your guts and step up to the plate though.  We are here for a reason."

Zach stretched his arms out beside him and rotated his head around in a big circle to loosen up his neck.  "I have some dirt on what we're doing here, and I have a couple of thoughts on it.  I kinda want to wait until at least another one or two of the others show so I we don't have to repeat ourselves too much." Zach took another sip of his drink.

"So... We've got some time to just get to know eachother a little bit, yes?"

Zach looked at the two of them...  They were going to have a rough go of things for a little bit.  Odds are that Mary's daughter was already dead, and this fight wasn't going to be easy.

"What do you guys, y'know, do?  Other than this?"

Zach took another sip of the drink... The smell of cherries and cream snuck into the air.

"Let's wax these critters"
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2010, 06:43:43 pm »

"I want do what I can to help you get your kid back. Whatever this is I hope it helps me find answers to what happened me back then."

Mary nodded. She was grateful, but no reply was needed.

"What do you guys, y'know, do?  Other than this?"

"Used to live in Chicago." Mary said. "I settled here, got this job to pay for college, never actually got round to signing up for one. Fast forward a few years and I'm raising a beautiful little girl and wondering what the hell happened to my big plans. Then pow, there's demons around us, my Kathy's been taken and everything's shattered."

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2010, 09:42:11 pm »

Zach put his arm around Mary and squeezed for a second and went back to sipping his drink.

"I mean... other than this... I can't imagine how taxing this must be for you... But you've gotta come off it for just a little bit... Let's go somewhere else for a few minutes.  It helped me, it will help you.  I promise."

Zach looked at Brandon... "What's your story man?"

Zach yawned and rubbed his eyes tiredly.  He had dark rings around them from an obvious extreme lack of sleep.

TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2010, 06:08:10 am »

Brandon shrugged.  "Not much to tell.  I dropped of high school because I knew if I sat in a classroom any longer I was going to go insane."  He paused to finish his coffee.  "Now I'm making a living with my band, it's been great so far.  My parents are still expecting me to fuck it up and come crawling back home to them.  I'd rather sleep in a cardboard box than go back though."

"You sound like you know something about this things, anything I should know up front?"

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2010, 03:56:00 pm »

"You sound like you know something about this things, anything I should know up front?"

Zach took another sip of his soda.  "Hey, I'm not one of them if that's what you mean!" Zach bared his teeth and pushed on his upper teeth with his thumbs. "See?  No fangs!".

Zach leaned back in the booth and stretched his shoulders. "I've been back and forth with seeing them for as long as I can remember... It's a long story, and someday I might tell it... But you can trust that I'm all about stopping these things."  Zach leaned forward in the booth.  "To be completely honest with you guys... Being here is the longest I've stayed in one place in about a year.  I've been working my way through the midwest, carving these things up and messing with their shit wherever I can find them."

Zach stopped and took a deep breath... He had been talking without stopping to breathe the whole time.

"I can also tell you that we are not the only ones.  I've ran into a few others... But none of them have been in a place where they could take this up..."

Zach trailed off and took another sip on his soda.  "So what kind of music you guys play?"

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2010, 05:01:33 pm »

Brandon sat silently absorbing the information as Zach laid it out for him but it was hard to contain his enthusiasm as the subject turned to his music.

"So what kind of music you guys play?"

He leaned forward, grinning.  "We write all our own stuff so it's hard to describe, most people call us a metal band but we have a groove you know?  That really comes from our bass player, Joey, he's into Primus and does that crazy slap bass funk thing.  It doesn't sound like it would work but it really kicks ass.  I'm into a lot of punk and death metal so I'm all about the blast beats and speed you know?  But it has to SOUND good.   I don't use as much distortion as a lot of metal guys because when you play that fast you don't need it, it's just noise.  You have to have melody to go with it.  That's why Metallica sucked so bad after Cliff Burton died, he was the only guy in the band who really got the melody."  Brandon stopped and visibly wound himself down, "sorry I got carried away sometimes," he cracked his knuckles and grinned sheepishly.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:04:48 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2010, 08:35:07 pm »

"Haha... No keep going... This is the first normal conversation I've had with someone... Outside of, like, cashiers and waitresses and stuff... and the occasional walking dead."

Zach smiled... "Yeah, I really just started getting into music... Never really understood a lot of it until the last couple of years...  Punk with a melody... Rise Against? I dunno."

Zach took another sip of the soda.

"I haven't really gotten into Metallica... My dad likes them, so I've heard some of their stuff but it's hard to like something your parents listen to!.... No offense.  I guess I don't really know a lot about it..." Zach smiled.  It really was the first 'normal' conversation he's had in months with someone face to face, other than talking about monsters or to monsters... And monsters tended to make Zach very upset, very fast.

Zach wrestled his watch into a position where he could read it... "Damn it.  Where are those guys?"

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2010, 08:50:38 am »

it's hard to like something your parents listen to!
((No it isn't.))

Mary blinked a couple of times, then said "I didn't really understand most of what you just said, but it sounds... nice." She shrugged. "Sorry, I'm not really into metal. I usually listen to pop and stuff."

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2010, 09:54:44 am »

Brandon shrugged.  "Sure, it's not for everyone but I'm getting paid to do something I love so whatever you know?"  Brandon shrugged and looked at his watch.  "Man, it's quarter after already."

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2010, 08:55:07 pm »

Zach didn't even look at his watch.  "Fuckers... Oh well, it's not like we have to be in a hurry or anything" His sarcasm tapered off and he turned the conversation back to the music. "When's your next gig? I want to go."

Zach took another sip of the drink. "You guys hungry? I haven't eaten since this morning."

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2010, 09:04:41 pm »

Mary nodded. "Yeah, I could do with a bite. I'd rather not eat here, but at least I get a staff discount, and we are still waiting for the others after all..."

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2010, 05:44:54 pm »

"When's your next gig? I want to go."

"Oh, we have a show tonight, starting at 7.  We're opening for another band, so we're not going to have much stage time tonight but that's ok, we did a crazy long set last night.  I'm ready for a lighter work load." 

"You guys hungry? I haven't eaten since this morning."

Mary nodded. "Yeah, I could do with a bite. I'd rather not eat here, but at least I get a staff discount, and we are still waiting for the others after all..."

Brandon shrugged, "I just ate but I can have a dessert or something while we wait."

(((It's now 4:30, everyone has whatever they ordered, in Brandon's case a side of onion rings and a soda.  It won't progress much farther than this until Cheez gets back but this will give Raryn a chance to jump in and Firesolved should be joining up soon, his solo activities kept him busy until 4:30.)))

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2010, 10:33:38 am »

Carl woke up and stretched out on his flimsy cot. The stale air of his apartment and the acrid stench of his sheets immediately made him regret taking a deep breath to steady his head. He reached for his night stand drawer and pulled out a flask of whiskey hidden inside. He smiled at the flask before taking a nice, long pull and let the hot alcohol enriched liquid wake him up.

He staggered out of bed and tended to his business in the bathroom before putting on an old pair of black slacks (they were stylish in 1983!) and a white button up shirt. A pair of loafers completed his attire and Carl whisteled as he left his apartment, locked his door and started for the diner.

Carl looked at his watch. 4:45 p.m. Perfect. He continued to whistle as he strolled down to the diner. As he got closer to the diner, he got more apprehensive at the possible outcome of tonight. Sooner or later, he was gonna have to score a gun. Maybe his shadier dealers would have something for him. He was still thinking about the gun when he walked into the diner.  
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 08:22:50 am by Firesolved » Logged
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2010, 10:50:38 pm »

Zach turned around when the entry bell of the diner went off... "Well look at that, there for a second I thought we were on our own"

Zack lifted a hand up to beckon Carl over to the table as he finished his drink.

"Damn, I should go get another one of those.... Who are we missing?"

Raryn
Raryn? I'm not Raryn...
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I can wait

Raryn@hotmail.com ertsdjhgfgh4
View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2010, 09:02:29 pm »

Alex had wasted away the day sitting on a bench in front of a lake in a nearby park, going over the events that had happened the past few months, trying to make sense of them. After hours of staring out over the waters it came to him. He came to the realization that he could not change what had happened. And the realization that if he was to make anything of his life now, he had to look forward and press ahead while remembering the past and not dwelling on it. He stood from the bench and raised his hands to the air and shouted, "I will redeem myself!" drawing several puzzled and disturbed looks from passersby.

As he resettled himself, he glanced at the clock tower across the water, it said 4:50. He glanced at the watch he was wearing around his wrist, it said 2:18. He raised it to his ear and, hearing nothing, gave it a shake. Still nothing. "Great, my watch is dead," he paused and looked at the big clock again. "And I'm late!" He turned and ran in the direction of the diner.

Twenty minutes later, Alex stumbled through the door out of breath. He saw the others sitting at a table as he entered. "Sorry I'm late, was busy having an epiphany. Any chance I can get a glass of water and a burger?"
Twenty
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: