The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 23, 2014, 03:28:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunter the Reckoning: Brookvale  (Read 25328 times)
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2010, 08:24:38 am »

Brandon waved Alex over to the table where the rest of them had been waiting.  "Hey, glad you could make it, Zach was just about to go over what it is that thing wants Mary to do."

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2010, 11:11:34 am »

Carl stiffened at the mention of the creature and its task for the waitress.

"We have to remember that we are not doing it because the creature told anyone to. Not even for the kid. Even if nothing was at stake, it would be our job to set these things straight. I would not have stood idly by had I known about these abominations and I hope none of you would have either."

He eyed the youngster and gave him an apprehensive look. "To just follow this creatures orders mindlessly would be no less than selling yourself into slavery. Keep that in mind in the future young man."

Carl sat back into a booth and started to think about that gun again.
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2010, 08:25:39 pm »

Zach slid closer to Mary to make room for everyone at the booth.

"To just follow this creatures orders mindlessly would be no less than selling yourself into slavery. Keep that in mind in the future young man."

"Well, I'm not going to sit here and tell anyone what we need to or don't need to do... I'll just lay it out and throw a couple of my thoughts out there, and you guys can weigh in... Hopefully between us we can figure out the best thing to do."

Zach took a deep breath and pondered to himself for a second, about where to start.

"Alright guys... Basically, the target is this guy (Zach takes the most recent photograph from the envelope in his backpack and sets it on the table).  The file suggests where we may find him and that he doesn't go out during the day.  We know kind of where he lives, but it doesn't say exactly where.  He works as a bouncer at this club downtown(OOC: Name of club?), and I also have to tell you that this club seems to be a safe haven for some of these things.  I know this because I was at the club last night.  I did what I could to disrupt the party but it'll probably be back up and running tonight.  As a matter of fact, I was trying to put together how to get rid of the place permenantly this morning when you all showed up here."

Zach stopped for a second and wrinkled his forehead... "Hey Mary, what's a kid gotta do to get some fucking onion rings around here?" He smiled at her and continued.

"I've got to be clear on how I operate here, because I don't believe in leaving these things alive.  I say we do just enough to get Mary's daughter back.  Once she's safe with us we can kill the thing that took her in the first place.  After which we should burn that club to the ground, hunt down and kill its owner, and everyon- everything we can find connected to it."

Zach took a breath. "After we're through with this, it'll probably be time for us to lay low or move on...  You don't exactly blow up, burn down, or shoot up buildings and then go back to kicking it in town afterwards.  But we've gotta do what good we can while we can... Also, if any of you need weapons... I can probably get them, but I'll need some of your money.  If you know how to use a gun, I can get some that aren't attached to us..."

Zach looked around the table and then to the person sitting on the outside of his side of the booth (OOC: No clue who this is).  "Lemme out, I'm going to go get some onion rings and a soda."  Zach was happy there hadn't been a server around.

"Let's wax these critters"
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2010, 06:01:53 am »

Mary listened as Zach went over what he'd learned, occasionally nodding.

"Hey Mary, what's a kid gotta do to get some fucking onion rings around here?"

"Ordering them from someone who's actually on duty might help." Mary smiled.

"I've got to be clear on how I operate here, because I don't believe in leaving these things alive. I say we do just enough to get Mary's daughter back.  Once she's safe with us we can kill the thing that took her in the first place. After which we should burn that club to the ground, hunt down and kill its owner, and everyon- everything we can find connected to it."

Mary nodded. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. In fact, I'm not sure we should even go after the club at all until we've got my Kathy back. Attacking this thing where it works would be a lot harder for us and it'd probably put them on alert. I think we should follow it home, and either get it there or on the way there."

"Also, if any of you need weapons... I can probably get them, but I'll need some of your money.  If you know how to use a gun, I can get some that aren't attached to us..."

Mary nodded. "That monster that's got my daughter gave me some stuff to help me take the target down. About five thousand in cash and a forty five. I've also got a couple of revolvers. I don't mind lending one to one of you guys for this. I think we'll need more than that when we go up against that bastard though."

The venom in her last few words made it plain she was talking about the creature who hired her.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2010, 06:09:42 am »

(((OOC, I haven't come up with a cool name for the club yet  Sad)))

Brandon looks uncomfortable before finally saying, "That's the club I played at last night, we get gigs there all the time.  And I know that bastard.  He's a fucking pervert and creepy as hell."

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2010, 06:35:14 am »

"Well, I guess now you know why he was so creepy." Mary commented.
She pondered for a moment or two, then grinned. "You know, one of your gigs would be a perfect excuse to get into that club."

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2010, 07:45:43 am »

Brandon nodded thoughtfully.  "Yea that could probably work, we play there tomorrow night as a matter of fact.  But I don't know about the whole scorched Earth policy for the club," he addressed this part towards Zach, "We play there a lot, it could end up hurting my band if the place goes under."

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2010, 08:56:57 am »

"You'll find other places to hire you, I'm sure." Mary said. "These things need to be wiped out."

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2010, 09:16:19 am »

"These things need to be wiped out."

"All of them?"  Brandon asked with a raised eyebrow.  "Sure I'm new at this and maybe this is a naive question but how do we know that every one of these things deserves to die?  And the club is a business, people work there.  I doubt they're all monsters.  We'll be putting them out of jobs.  And who's to say the owner is even one of these things?  I want to help Mary get her daughter back, not become a mass murderer."

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2010, 04:44:09 am »

"Ordering them from someone who's actually on duty might help." Mary smiled. Zach made that same old toothy adolescent grin, showing off braces on his teeth.  "I'm totally going to go get some in, like, 2 minutes"

Zach sat silently and listened for a few seconds.

"I want to help Mary get her daughter back, not become a mass murderer."

"Hey, I'm fine with live and let live when it comes to people... But let me go ahead and piece together what you've been a part of.  While you're on that stage jamming out, people are dying in that place.  I was inside for all of 5 minutes and I watched at least three people get killed.  If the owner isn't responsible then you're right...  If he is responsible though..."  Zach made a 'striking a match' gesture on the table.

Zach hopped out of the booth. "I don't know if you guys knew, but this diner has the best fucking onion rings in town... I'm going to go get some"

((OOC: Zach will go to the counter and order... He will be out of the conversation until Outlaw says sufficient time has passed for him to return.))

Raryn
Raryn? I'm not Raryn...
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I can wait

Raryn@hotmail.com ertsdjhgfgh4
View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2010, 08:17:30 pm »

Alex had gone to the counter and ordered his food while the discussion was going on. He only managed to hear the last bit that Zach had said before he jumped out of the booth and over to the counter. Alex took his seat and picked up the dossier for their target. He thought it over for a bit while he began to eat.

"So I guess we're supposed to kill this guy," he said after a moment. "While I don't like being the pawns of whatever that other thing was, it is for Mary's sake. But I do not think that we should destroy the club. As far as I am concerned, those who seek refuge there are better off there then roaming about the city causing havoc and mayham. By destroying it whouldn't it be signaling that there is a force against them in the city?"
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2010, 10:00:42 am »

"So I guess we're supposed to kill this guy," he said after a moment. "While I don't like being the pawns of whatever that other thing was, it is for Mary's sake. But I do not think that we should destroy the club. As far as I am concerned, those who seek refuge there are better off there then roaming about the city causing havoc and mayham. By destroying it whouldn't it be signaling that there is a force against them in the city?"

Brandon frowned thoughtfully after Alex finished speaking.  He motioned for Zach to sit down as he returned to his seat after placing his order.

"Zach I don't know if you heard what the Doc just said but it gave me an idea.  What if we don't take out the club right away?  What if we just nail this bozo so Mary can get her kid back and then we leave the club alone?  Use it to track the coming and goings of these things so we can study them and then do whatever to them.  If they feel like they have a safe place to return to they won't go into hiding and vanish."

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2010, 11:29:36 am »

"Sure I'm new at this and maybe this is a naive question but how do we know that every one of these things deserves to die?  And the club is a business, people work there. I doubt they're all monsters.  We'll be putting them out of jobs. And who's to say the owner is even one of these things?  I want to help Mary get her daughter back, not become a mass murderer."

Mary sighed. "These things are evil. They kill and eat people. If you can find one that doesn't fit the bill, I'll change my mind. But right now, I haven't seen a damn thing to suggest that. It's a shame about the employees losing their jobs, but I seriously doubt they're being paid enough for the risks they're taking without even knowing it. And if they do know what's going on, I've got no sympathy for them."

What if we don't take out the club right away?  What if we just nail this bozo so Mary can get her kid back and then we leave the club alone?  Use it to track the coming and goings of these things so we can study them and then do whatever to them.  If they feel like they have a safe place to return to they won't go into hiding and vanish."

Mary thought about this for a while, then nodded. "Hmm. Sacrificing a short term advantage for something more long term. Could work, I guess."

Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2010, 06:47:42 pm »

"If you want to get rid of bugs in your yard, you destroy the colonies as they pop up"

Zach sat down in the booth.  "I can't really get on board with leaving that place up and running if the club is a willing participant in all of this.  Anything we can do to hurt those things needs to be done, for the sake of all the people living here.  If the club is on the up and up, and just happens to be infested... We can leave it go."

Zach let out a big yawn.  "Damn... I am so tired."

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2010, 05:28:53 am »

(((OOC, Ok guys, I'm really sorry this has set so long without moving anywhere.  So... a quick recap...

It's now a little before Six, Brandon has a show tonight starting at 7, not at the club in question.  He plays there tomorrow night (which would be Saturday).

Firesolved has already said Carl has put all the input he's going to in the conversation and will go along with what the group wants to do.

Cheez, Raryn and Helmi, it sounds like your characters are willing to investigate more into the club before deciding on torching it?  If so that's also Brandon's intent so if we're looking for a majority decision it looks like we have it.

If no one has any objections I'm going to end this scene and open up the story for individual actions again.  Characters can pair up/ do solo actions either in thread or by PM/MSN until the next time the group gets together as a whole.  (Also post in H-net if they have comp access.)  I know Helmi is looking to go weapon shopping.)))

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: