The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 23, 2014, 12:13:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: But I didn't mean to...

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunter the Reckoning: Brookvale  (Read 20867 times)
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2010, 06:18:35 pm »

Zach looked at Mary as everyone started getting up to leave the diner.  "Hey Mary, is it ok if I pull up some couch at your place?  Maybe some internet?  I need an active power outlet cuz all my laptop batteries are dead.  You won't even notice I'm there, I promise."

(OOC: I'm assuming that Mary will go along with Zach's request, I'll edit if this is not the case but for the sake of expediancy... See below)

Zach takes a quick shower and sits on the floor in the corner of Mary's living room, next to an empty power outlet and immediately connects his laptop.  He piled his stuff up next to him as he doesn't want to be a bother to someone who hardly knows him, and is trusting enough to let him be inside her house.  Hell, he hadn't been inside a house for weeks.  Zach had forgotten what it was like to sit on a carpet with a pad underneath it, and not have to worry about who else was pulling up some dirt under some seedy bridge somewhere.  

Zach didn't want to be hitting hunternet on Mary's connection so he jumped on her neighbor's unsecured network and logged into an anonymous proxy.  

Man, I hope this Zealot guy is legit.  I can't go getting shot by some asshole now.  Too much to do.

Zach bangs away on his keyboard feverishly for a few minutes and falls asleep while his hair is still wet from the shower.  Head against the wall and his open computer sitting on his lap.  

"Let's wax these critters"
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2010, 06:26:34 pm »

Mary gathered up the folder and its contents as everyone left.

"Hey Mary, is it ok if I pull up some couch at your place?  Maybe some internet?  I need an active power outlet cuz all my laptop batteries are dead.  You won't even notice I'm there, I promise."

"Yeah, no problem." Mary replied with a smile.

And so they went back to hers. Shortly after arriving, she booted up her desktop and accessed Hunternet herself. She didn't think to use a proxy, though.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2010, 08:14:40 pm »

Brandon slid out the booth as he finished his drink.

"It sounds like I'll see you guys tomorrow at the show, if any of you need to get in touch with me before then you have my cell number."  He paused to zip up his jacket.  "I gotta take off, if I'm not there early enough to get a good sound check Joey will give me an ass chewin'."  Brandon waved to others as he left.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2010, 09:59:33 pm »

Zach sat at the breakfast table.  The air smelled very crisp and clean in the kitchen, even though his mother was busy cooking breakfast.

"Almost ready honey" Zach's mom didn't seem to be in any sort of hurry, even though his ride to school was about to come turning into the driveway.

"Jen's going to be here to pick me up any second, mom!"  Zach was wearing a pair of blue plaid shorts and a striped polo shirt... He looked like an optical illusion.

"Oh settle down sweetie, your girlfriend will wait"  Zachs mom looked at him and smiled as he turned bright pink.

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND MOM!" Zach became defensive.

All of the sudden Zach found himself standing in front of the door looking at a familiar young brown haired girl.  She looked at him without emotion and spoke.  "You could have saved her, you know."

Zach's eyes grew large, he'd been here before.  And all the sudden he became lucid.  Zach turned around, and the familiar nightmarish scene.  The person he knew in his dreams and his heart, being consumed by the demon that would rule most of his childhood.  The institution white walls and ceiling bleeding into a pool on the floor with that thing smack in the middle of it.

Zach woke with a jump.

"JESUS CHRIST! FUCK!" he yelled, almost involuntarily.  His heart was about to jump from his chest as he reached up to wipe the tears from his face.  The cold steel of the diminuitive .25 automatic hit his face, as he finally realized he had the tiny hold out clenched in his shaking right hand.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2010, 10:12:55 am »

(((OOC.  Yep, it's been a while I'm sure everyone is a little fuzzy on what's going on.

It's now Friday, late afternoon.  Brandon is preparing for a gig at a club not related to the one they group is planning on scouting Saturday night.  He's told everyone about the gig he's doing tonight and they're welcome to show up if they want, if one or two show up before the show actually starts Brandon would be able to get them into the club free of charge.

In the meantime, everyone can decide what they want to do up to the next major scene (the show Saturday night.) 

Picture Brookvale like an MMO, you can wander around, interact with NPCs, investigate, whatever, either in teams or solo.  Let me know what your plans are (in thread or PM, either one is cool) and we'll get going on this again.)))

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Helmi_17
Outbreak Survivor

Truant2601

Helmi_17@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2010, 08:00:35 pm »

Zach wiped sweat and tears from his face, getting to his feet and putting the gun away in one fluid motion.

"Are you awake?"  Zach his entire body out, some bones cracking from sleeping hunched up against the wall.  He hit his knees and started rifling through his bag, pulling out the lockbox, his shotgun, and a box of shotgun shells.

Zach instinctively looks up at the entrances to the room while emptying the old pump action.  He pulls out some nylon webbing and cords, attaches them to the sawed off end of the shotgun and slings it inside of his trench coat under his right arm.  The entire process made Zach feel like some kind of murderous psychopath, packing heat in case this guy was a cop, or caused problems, or worse.  For a second, he pondered which scenario was worse... Was it shooting rots, or people? I can't shoot people...  These things have to go, but people are... people.

Zach opened up the lockbox and put all but the last stack of $100 bills in his trench coat.  It's almost gone... Hopefully the others have some money to give me for this.

Zach snapped the lockbox shut and did a quick inventory of his self, patting his body in various places to make sure he had what he needed. Crowbar, check.  Both pistols, check.  Money, check.  Shotgun. "Fuck, Zach, you're going to get yourself fucking killed."  Zach unslung the shotgun and began sliding 20 gauge shells into the tube, then took a few more and put them inside his trench coat. Shotgun, check.  Knife, check.  Zach stood up again, spinning around to head for the door.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2010, 11:09:53 am »

Brandon left the diner feeling confused.  How could it be that in less than 12 hours he gone from worrying most about what he was going to eat next to disussions of mass murder?  Or maybe extermination depending on how you looked at it...

He was so deep in thought he almost couldn't feel the biting cold on the short ride back to his apartment.  He arrived home with barely enough time to throw his guitar into its case and wrapp up his cords and cables before the familiar pounding sounded on his door.  "Yea guys, I'm ready,"  Brandon locked the apartment door behind him as he left, his gear was swiftly loaded into the van and he climbed in after it as they pulled away from the curb.  He felt distant from his band mates even as they reviewed the setlist and cracked jokes as usual.  They hadn't seen the creatures he could see had they?  Did it make a difference? 

Once they arrived Brandon threw himself into helping set up for the show and tried to keep from thinking about anything but the performance.

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

Death Machine

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2010, 01:10:02 pm »

Carl shambled out of his apartment at roughly 4 p.m. His clothes stank of alcohol and sweat as usual and his scarecrow frame was bent at the small of his back. He was already getting the pre-fix fidgets and pretty soon here he was gonna have to go find his holder. He absent-mindedly scratched at his pocket still thinking about that gun.

What was that place the young man had mentioned? He couldn't remember the name (he could hardly remember where his own apartment was) but he remembered the directions. He stumbled there on unsteady feet for a good thirty minutes. The throbbing in his head was starting to get bad.

This establishment had better serve alcohol. He thought bitterly. Carl couldn't even remember why he was coming here. Perhaps it was for a lack of anything else to do.

He got to the club and it was still closed. His stomach groaned and his bladder felt full all of a sudden. Carl sighed and unzipped his pants.

Gotta pee so damn much... He thought wearily as he pissed on the side of the club.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 01:27:27 pm by Firesolved » Logged

I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need
-Voltaire "When You're Evil"
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2010, 02:40:17 pm »

"Well well well, if it isn't Carl."  The distinctivly oily voice of the creature from earlier said conversationally in Carl's ear as Carl began to relieve himself..

"You know that laws prohibiting this sort of thing exist don't you?"  It clucked its tongue.

"Trouble is coming for you Carl, if you continue down this path.  Trouble I won't be able to prevent, and I'd hate to see one of Brookvales luminaries brought low in such a way."

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

Death Machine

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2010, 02:49:38 pm »

Carl jumped slightly at the menacing voice.

"I find it fascinating that a creature such as yourself, and I do consider you a creature, has enough time to watch an old man micturate. I would think that you would have bigger...battles to fight," Carl smirked.

He finished up and zipped his pants back up. "And what would you know of the trials of men? I am curious as to how a being like yourself came to such a place in which he could threaten a man 'trouble' for urinating on a building. Are you going to extort me like you did that poor waitress? Expect me to kill one of your rivals to be free of this crime?" He dusted himself off and lowered is voice to a whisper, "Your threats mean nothing to me, creature. You know nothing about me. The balance hangs over my head. I will not let you fuck that up."

And I do it all for free
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2010, 02:57:39 pm »

When Carl turns to face it, the "creature" is nowhere to be seen.  The only indication it was ever actually there is business card for a local Addiction Counseling center.  Scrawled on the face of the card, just under the phone number is, "Please call them before it's too late," below the note an odd symbol is sketched.  Despite the breeze that is blowing through the alley the card has not blown away.

Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

Death Machine

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2010, 03:04:15 pm »

Carl looks down at the card and looks up and down the street.

Maybe all that stuff in your system is finally catching up to you. He thought as he picked up the card. He rubbed it to make sure it was real and looked at the symbol. This bears further research value. He decided.

Carl made a mental note to himself to go the college library and see if he could find anything on this strange symbol. It would also probably do to look up that number. After he got his fix of course. He wasn't addicted. He needed the drugs to help his gift advance. He hadn't been able to see the secret predators without the drugs. Carl was not going to be caught unaware.

Might as well wait for the kid.. He thought glumly. Too far a walk to the library anyways.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 03:43:59 pm by Firesolved » Logged

And I do it all for free
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2010, 04:14:41 pm »

After her shift was finished at the diner, Mary went to the local library and started looking through their back issues of old newspapers, looking for anything that might indicate something strange. She was mainly looking for anything connected to the club or the bank, but she kept her eyes open for anything else too.

((Investigation roll: Int (2) + Investigation (2) = 2, 5, 7, 9))

After several hours, she stopped and went home, where she logged on to Hunternet. After a brief check there, she pondered what to do with the rest of the evening. Brandon said he was performing tonight, didn't he? All this supernatural crap was driving her crazy. She needed something sane, something normal, to distract her. Maybe going to see his band wouldn't be a bad idea. Putting her coat on, she headed out to the club.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2010, 04:42:01 pm »

((OOC  Did Mary and Zach compare notes regarding what he already investigated?))

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2010, 05:00:29 pm »

((I honestly can not remember. It's likely though.))

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: