The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 29, 2014, 06:45:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HOLY CRAPTARDS!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your zombie survival plan  (Read 34864 times)
sangrebloom
Wastelander

I believe in pants

sangrebloom@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2011, 12:48:57 am »

I've always thought of fortifying my home and living off the naturally edible weeds that grow in the area... Either way I don't think it'd be living as much as it would be surviving.
Dethklok
Civillian

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2011, 06:26:17 pm »

Don't underestimate surviving. When it comes to living, you can't get there without surviving, too.

(...At least, uh, most of the time? Anyway?)

Lord-Commander
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2011, 07:53:12 pm »

Just thought I should leave this here.

http://www.cracked.com/article/126_5-popular-zombie-survival-tactics-that-will-get-you-killed/

Not saying it is 100% perfect but I think we should look at it anyway.
This makes a lot of valid points. The one thing I'd like to point out is the durability of the zombies that are attacking. You do have rigor mortis that locks the body up after death. Zombies that are strong enough to survive this are probably pretty weak.

But are they effected by rigor mortis? Are they just shuffling dead, or can they run and jump?
Basically, what kind of undead are we dealing with?
dudesomebody
Half-Life

the beatings will continue until moral improves!!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2011, 03:24:56 pm »

This makes a lot of valid points. The one thing I'd like to point out is the durability of the zombies that are attacking. You do have rigor mortis that locks the body up after death. Zombies that are strong enough to survive this are probably pretty weak.

But are they effected by rigor mortis? Are they just shuffling dead, or can they run and jump?
Basically, what kind of undead are we dealing with?

Or what does the virus/parasite/fungi that reanimated them do to the body?? Will it react to the same things a normal corpse would or will it buypass a few of these things??

I love cracked but they don't always go at things with the same zeal a true nerd would, just sayin

LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2011, 10:41:50 pm »

Not a plan, but an Army buddy of mine mailed me some leftover medical supplies, so I now how the equipment to set up an IV and a saline drip to go with it. You'll have to bring your own meds, though.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2011, 06:28:48 pm »

No need.

Fuck it, im not gonna plan anything until shit for real goes down.

and in the event zombies for real happen, survival isnt gonna be as high on my list as it would be say if there werent zombies.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
booper101
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2012, 01:24:51 pm »

I think my plan would be to call as many, or contact as many people as I could and gather them together. They'd hopefully have better plans than me. I would grab my asthma medication and extra clothing I could wear. Maybe some money just in case. I think I would go to some food store, or sports store. I don't really have something more than that as a plan, lol. Last resort, I kill myself.
WhoLockZombieGirl101
Zombie

TMNT,X-Men,Smallville,WhoLock,Super8,9,HG,&TZH

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2013, 09:22:05 am »

I personally would probably suck at surviving the Apocalypse. I don't know how to shoot a gun
Or how to fire an arrow... However I'm good with knives and daggers (in the kitchen) and if all else fails there is always a chainsaw. I would suggest not using a wrench unless you're really strong and it's a good wrench. I know a ton about the ZA. So I would hope Someone would try to keep me alive... Also typically the funny people go down first... No offense it's just typically what happens. I would advise a plan to run to The nearest store (only like five miles for me) raid it... Of all dried supplies, Oreos, twinkies(you saw what I did there), beef jerkey, granola bars, donuts, bread, and then go to the camp section for dried meals. I'd get one of those large and light camping bags that include a sleeping bag (some of them actually do) and stuff everything in it. Putting my weapons in easy to reach cup holders. I'd also buy a water bottle (bad idea to die from thirst while not trying to get eaten. I'd advise a plan to find another safe location with a good lock down system... I'd also advise a couple more store raids (which for me would be very easy cause a lot of the big name stores are close to each other at least three within a 15 mi. Radius) also if you ever move, I suggest it be a low populated place... Less ZOMBIES..... Yep also buy a jet or plane/boat and get a licenses so you can fly away to Hawaii or some island... Cause if zombies can survive water it take them forever to get to your island anyway! Hopefully this helped someone in devising a plan. Smiley

-I make no such promises
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2013, 11:02:37 am »

and if all else fails there is always a chainsaw.

I'd... seriously suggest not using a chainsaw.

Anyhoop, my plan's updated a bit- gather weapons, supplies and friends and head to either
A. Caerphilly to hole up in the castle:

Because seriously, no fecking way zombies are getting in there. That island can even be used as an airlock/crops and livestock area. And thanks to tourism, the interior of the castle is in very good nick. Just need to uncap the well and you're in business.

or B. Barry to set up in St. Catherine's fort.

Again, incredibly defensible. There's always desalination for water if needed, plus you have coastal access for looting.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Gretalian
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2013, 08:21:58 pm »

First off I just want to say that I dont even remember how I found this comic but it only took me three days to get through the whole thing and I am glad I found it!

So Zombie Survival, My background first. I am 24, 6ft and very average build, I have worked security for 6 years, Armed for 4 of them; Carring a Glock on the job and other non-work weapons would be in my already set go bag I have for everyday emergencies: 3 Mag-Lites assorted sized, two steel tooth blades 10 inches with 5 inch blade, a few flares, basic medkit, MREs, ham crank radio, etc and I have a Psychology background so knowing how to deal with people and situations should be my real bonuses on the outside and when encountering other survivors. I have to admit, without a wife or a child, I am going to be selfish if it ever happens in my area because I cant rely on how people will react if something like it were to happen, emotions, shock, fear, etc will only hinder their abilities and slow us down, . So let me explain the area I am in. I am 10 minutes across the George Washington Bridge from New York, it is a metro type area and people and buildings and especially big highways everywhere and those are all negatives for my survival unless I take local roads and go straight North into upstate New York to try and get away from the masses and try to keep to myself for as long as possible. I have minimal knowledge of hunting but I'm not sure how I will do in the snow season, I have some horse back riding history so if I find a ranch I can saddle up two or three and that will increase my traveling and up my inventory capacity.

That whole scenario is based on being able to get OUT of populated areas. If I am stuck inside the city then I am going to go 28 weeks later and cade up in an apartment building, top floor and clear out each room, cade the exits and start systematically clearing out each floor and gaining supplies from the rooms.

CRITIQUE ME
PabloMell
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2014, 03:28:54 am »

Despite the deadness of this thread I will revive it for its sticky status only.

My survival plan is very simple. Be out before everyone else. I do not intend to be taking any massive amount of supplies with me as my uncle is living up about a hour's drive from some of the thickest areas of the Canadian Shield. He has about 12 peimar solar running more electricity to his house then he can use so he charges car batteries for people. It wouldn't be too hard to stockpile some of those batteries for when the panels eventually bleach out but that far north and in that kind of terrain I'm relatively confident that we will see little if any zombie activity. Its 85%-90% sufficient living they have up there and I would get "first dibs" so to speak once other family members start to show up and it becomes necessary to turn people away. It will. The mean age of my extended family is 52 and I'm 18, the oldest of the children. It just isn't possible as there are too many dependants, basic social structure actually.

As for armaments, my Restricted licensing is going through which will enable me to purchase an AR-15. Essentially the only and best option if your looking for a decent rifle in Canada that actually can be modified to a burst fire option. My uncle however is an Ex-Canadian servicemen who has a grandfathered Prohibited level license. Cheesy Supposedly the collection is "substantial" and I can't wait to see it. Also the only benefit to a Harper government here in Canada is that Harper is scrapping the long gun registry which will really loosen a lot of the needless red tape involved in gun control here.
My plan is to never visit a place where there is any existence of zombies:)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:52:15 am by PabloMell » Logged
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2014, 06:04:34 pm »

Cathederal or castle. Either way, they're at the top of as big ass hill and next door to each other.

zombiehunterknuckle
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2014, 03:54:47 pm »

My plan is to run and hide, either that or fight... I will need to learn how to defend myself, do you guys know how to defend myself against zombies? I will only fight if there's a zombie apocalypse... so what's your plan?
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2014, 04:32:41 pm »

be mad. all the time.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2014, 07:44:46 pm »

Use their fear of loud noises and raw meat to my advantage.
Get it? Because zombies could be literally anything? Eh?

At least, that's what I think.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: