The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 20, 2014, 08:03:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: But I didn't mean to...

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your zombie survival plan  (Read 36769 times)
BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: April 02, 2010, 01:53:17 pm »

I don't understand why we didn't have this thread already.
It should be obligatory.

Please write a bit more than the classical "should do's". Explain a bit in debt, even add what you will do if "that and that" part of your plan goes wrong.
Season of the year, different locations, type of outbreak, available gear, etc.
I will post my plans a bit later.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:55:05 pm by BrainBlow » Logged

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
Corvus
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:05:01 pm »

I'd grap as much weaons and armor as I could possibly find and I'd try to reach my student society.
There's lots of food there and the doors are heavy so the sound of loud music doesn't reach the neighbours. This means that the building his hard to get into when you're not allowed.
Also there are several rooms that can be easily defenden including a upper floor with a narrow stairs leading toward it. Those stairs could be easily blocked so no zombie could climb them.
Weak point in the plan is that I'd need to cross the citycentre to reach this building Sad
If I can;t reach it I'll try to head towards a group of student-apartments just outside the city. They're situated in a field and you can see any approaching hostiles from several hundred meters away. Also I have several friends living there so I guess I'd have a place to stay.
If I fail to reach that I guess I'd be dead already.

We all die alone, but it saddens me to know that I live alone.
Roarkeating
Civillian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 03:48:02 pm »

A lot of discussion goes on among casual zombie enthusiasts about the benefits of silent avoidant strategies versus loud direct strategies.

I think it's clear that if your goal is to get from one area to another, being avoidant and low-key is a good strategy. However, if elimination is your goal, loud and direct is best.

Now, you distinctly asked for something more than "oughts" and "shoulds", but my zombie plan isn't inflexible. If all the graveyards in the world suddenly empty, and satanic zombies from Hell walk the Earth all over, my plan changes from what I might do if there's a very localized viral outbreak.

I could say something like "my friends and I suit up, and we travel from where I am now to Safe Zone X", but that only works if "Safe Zone X" doesn't have any zombies, and it's less well suited to a worldwide outbreak.

So there's one of two ways to respond to this question. I can list every conceivable scenario, which includes a whole host of zombie variations, situations, locations, environments, strategies and would be quite comprehensive, or you can specify things like environment, location, and zombie type if you don't feel like reading my rambling for twenty paragraphs.  Wink I'll let you choose.  Grin

It's sort of similar to asking "what would you do in a war?"
I am naturally gonna ask "what kind of war?"  Grin

Cheers.
BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:51:24 pm »

It's sort of similar to asking "what would you do in a war?"
I am naturally gonna ask "what kind of war?"  Grin

Which is the reason I said "type of outbreak".
You could probably just go along with the classical zombie(without the "braaaaaains" part)

[c
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:24:23 pm »

I don't understand why we didn't have this thread already.
It should be obligatory.

We did have one before the crash, it just hadn't been revived until now.

Can't be arsed to write out my full plan so I'll keep it brief. Gather friends, arm up, gather supplies, sod off to the local castle.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:42:22 pm »

It was my revival of the thread before that got stickied and kept around. Was a good thread...

Uh for me, the short of the long is it's late here so I am tired so grab some supplies, my group of friends (my family would already be dead, 3/6ths work in the local medical facilities, so yeah, and then get up to my cottage 2 hours from here and try to survive.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Dodom
Lead Milo Death Theorist
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Necrolicious

anarchostaliniste@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 05:38:34 am »

Hole up at home for at least three days, but probably more. Until it gets quieter outdoors. I don't want to be in the middle of panicked people chased by zombies that can't always be told from one another, cars swerving onto the sidewalk to avoid the previous car that crashed in the street, cops that may or may not be stresses out of their mind, rednecks who decided to shoot every zombie despite not having the eyesight to tell them from humans, etc. The best way to avoid chaos is to stay away from it.

When it looks calm, get outside and figure out the situation. If enough people stayed out of danger like me, maybe the authorities managed to contain the zombies - it's only in the movies that they always fail, not to make the movie boring - but depending on the kind of zombies they may have been subdued. If that's the case, I have to see what kind of outbreak we have, how many zombies, how many survivors, how likely are we going to be competing for resources, etc. It involves exposing myself but it's necessary.
If they're ragers, I go back home and hang myself, they're made of too strong do-not-want.
Otherwise, stuff the food I have left in a bag and move to grandma's, she has an excellent place to survive and it has to be defended before someone else notices it.

AnarchyLad
ARC Support Staff

I reserve the right to rarely be around

crimsontide14@hotmail.com anarchylad36
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:25 am »

I think I missed this the first time round so I'm glad it's returned Smiley

As far as survival plans go I think I'd stay home too, at least for a while. It's not an amazing defensive position but I wouldn't wanna risk going outside (for the exact reasons Dodom mentions). Once things are relatively quiet outside (emphasis on relatively) I'd grab some heavy/sharp things and other supplies and try to find somewhere safer.

The hardest thing about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited Smiley
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 09:19:22 pm »

And, stickied Smiley

My zombie plan has already been enacted. I have married their queen, and so shall be safe.
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 06:03:48 am »

My plan remains as always, hole up at work and pity the rest of you poor fools.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Chipz
Civillian

blarg zombies meet my boomstick

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 08:37:07 am »

My plan remains as always, hole up at work and pity the rest of you poor fools.

Yes I continue to envy you and your jobs anti-zombie benefits plan.

As far as I know I am going to wait with all my dads guns if if visiting; or if at my apartment wait it out with my 12 gauge and this 90 year old .22 revolver and all my blunt objects. ( my apartment is very easily defended only one very narrow stair case on the outside. Its on the third floor only apartment on it it has a working fireplace in it. And sense the water quality sucks in my city i have just a shit tone of bottled water for if the filters and a hurricane comes through.) it is also a gated community with high wrought iron gates witch will slow the hoard greatly.

But if at my apartment get to parents get guns I don't predict them lasting mom works in a hospital and dad a government worker. Then go to girlfriends parents house get more guns and ammo find  mountain valley at the bottom of the Appalachian trail chill there if possible or go to Canada.       
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 01:26:12 pm »

I'm not so sure about my plan so far. It depends on how big the breakout is.
Anyways, I'd call my friends and make sure they're alright, barricade all windows, have the truck ready to leave at a moments notice (We live way out in the country, so we'd be fine for awhile), gather supplies, weapons, et cetera, and wait and see what happens, if the shit hits the fan then we'll leave the province. But from there I have no idea what we'd do.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 02:24:33 pm »

well, for short periods of time im perfectly safe, as i cant imagine a zombie that could get into my house.
but after some time, when i will run out of food, i will be fuxxxored. though, my block could easily be barricaded, and the place that now is a very tiny park could be used to grow food. though it would be enough for 10 people at most. whereas on my block there is about 2000 people.
besides that, i have no plans.
cause, you know, its not like zombie apocalypse is going to happen:P

btw, Are the wings on fire?
BrainBlow
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 02:41:26 pm »

besides that, i have no plans.
cause, you know, its not like zombie apocalypse is going to happen:P

That is where you can become horrifyingly wrong:
http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

[c
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 02:51:52 pm »

nah, slow, shambling zombies wont be a danger to our civilisation.
and if the zombies would move faster than ordinary humans, they would wear down and die of starvation much faster, so they wouldnt be dangerous too.
i think that war between russia and west or china and west is much more probable than that. so, when i will live on my own, i will have food and water storaged.
EDIT:
sorry, i forgot about nanobots.
well, that could happen, but far in the future.
and why use humans, if you have the technology to produce such things? humans would be useless in such situation.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:57:16 pm by sok » Logged

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: