The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 21, 2014, 04:19:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your zombie survival plan  (Read 37657 times)
BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 02:59:55 pm »

nah, slow, shambling zombies wont be a danger to our civilisation.
The problem is: yes they do. Slow zombies causing humanity to go extinct is unlikely, but they sure as hell are a threat to civilization.
Just cutting the internet would turn people insane. What do you think happens when up to half or more of the population turns into zombies?
Do you think infrastructure will go normally then? I heavily doubt so.

and if the zombies would move faster than ordinary humans, they would wear down and die of starvation much faster, so they wouldnt be dangerous too.
Yeah, they will have about a week before they can't go on. A week to chase you down without feeling tired. "not a threat"? errrrrr... -.-

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 03:07:53 pm »

well, not for me. even if they were like superstrong humans, thare is no way that theycould get into my flat, or anyone elses flat on my block, or pretty much anywhere. and i could easily stay at home for a week.
how do you know that they will have a week? i would say a day, before most  of their tendrons are cut or badly damaged. its easily too damage your muscles without warmup, so just think what might happen to them if they were running without feeling pain for extended periods of time. and how would you change a half of population into slow shambling zombies?
any kind of desease that will attack half of the population would cause panic. so in that scenario we dont need zombies, just plain "pesta" is enough to bring our civilisation to its knees.
the only version that seems to me as plausible one is the 28 days later one. or chemical weapons, ive read somewhere that there already are weapons that cause incredible aggresion.
but... its not real zombies, right? just sick humans, who are still alive.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:09:25 pm by sok » Logged

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 03:16:35 pm »

sorry, i forgot about nanobots.
well, that could happen, but far in the future.
and why use humans, if you have the technology to produce such things? humans would be useless in such situation.

Might not be deliberate. The nanobots could have been designed for some other purpose (EG medical use maybe?) but something goes wrong.

Besides, just because it ain't going to happen doesn't mean it ain't fun to discuss.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 03:32:02 pm »

Yeah, but that is the problem.
How do you bump into the zombie apocalypse? How do you recognize it?
Someone is hammering on your door, you open it and "WRAAARGH" you have a face full of teeth and you haven't even realized what is going on.
And most people are probably going to be at work during the outbreak and not at home. And if it is at night, probably 99,9% of the population will think that the shambling figure is a drunkard and not a zombie.

and how would you change a half of population into slow shambling zombies?
Ok, here is an idea: One zombie loose at the bottom of a huge office building. People gets bitten and turn. Many of those bitten will go to hospitals and turn there. Police might arrest a few zombies, some officers will probably get bitten in the process since zombies don't react to the damage caused by holds. Then some zombies will be run to the police station. Zombies will also be in the street due to people who were bitten might have run away in panic and turned on the streets.
A zombie outbreak is like a fire: When the number of zombies increase, the harder it is to stop the outbreak.
If it is running zombies, it will cause a massive chaos of people running around. Zombies will tackle people in the midst of this chaos and will be hard to differ from panicking people.
You will also wind up having infected on public transportation.
Major cities is the major recruiting area for zombies. And simply getting out of the city won't help much since in the panic, EVERYONE will try to get out. Traffic will jam, etc and zombies will slowly feast upon this mass of trapped humans. And BAM: the infill and the countryside will have their share of the horde.

Yes, chaos will be the major factor due to civilian panic. That is the point. Zombies feed in the chaos. More zombies, more chaos. Then... well, then you are trapped in a zombified world.
Its like frostbite.

Also on the nanobots: Read the article. Nanobots are the future in medical science. And their programmed urge to keep their host alive and their ability to replace dead brain tissue...
Just read the article :3
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:33:48 pm by BrainBlow » Logged

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 03:32:22 pm »

yes, and thats why i am discussing it, right?Cheesy
and if you had nanobots that could turn you into zombies, i guess that it wouldnt be too hard to make nanobots that could destroy them other nanobots.

Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 04:10:25 pm »

Also on the nanobots: Read the article.

Already did, quite a while ago. Might reread it though, I can't remember large parts of it.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 04:13:39 pm »

i think that you have convinced me with the pandemic part. though this way any kind of desease might work (apart from biting and stuff, obviously)

Ninja
Civillian Police

Super Buzzkill

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 04:15:27 pm »

Everything depends on the length of incubation period. How much time actually needs to elapse determines how quick S will actually HTF, and by extension how well people can react to an outbreak. Secondary to that is how physically capable the infected are (runners vs shamblers, hunters/'zerkers vs crawlers, that sorta thing)... although whether animals can become infected probably ties with this in terms of importance.

My house is not exactly fortified, and would take a lot of effort to become fortified. However, access to basic building supplies, a sledge, and walled and gated subdivisions with two-story houses are definite advantages in my area. Get a generator or three upstairs, destroy the stairs and build a retractable ladder, put hurricane shutters up over boarded windows, and install blackout curtains on all upstairs windows for several nearby houses. The extra storage room and security from an inaccessible second floor turns a one week hideout into a few months hideout, provided necessities are stocked up on.

(Speeling corekted)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:09:34 pm by Ninja » Logged

Trust me, there was a buzzkill much, much worse than you who used to visit these forums. XD
Cheez
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 05:04:13 pm »

put hurricane shudders

Shutters.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 08:04:38 am »

Step 1: Make explosives
Step 2: Air Horn
Step 3: Profit

Tongue

Like eveyone else has pointed out, it just depends on the specific scenario, but even the smartest zombies usually can only open doors or have the predatory instinct to hide; they're all still pretty stupid and wouldn't recognize a bomb if they were shambling on top of it.

LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 11:11:19 am »

My plan: Put on my badass clothes (hoodie, welding goggles, painter's mask, gloves), grab my crowbar and find a handgun (friend's dad would probably give me one; he has like twelve), grab Chloe and neighborhood friends, and scavenge. Hole up in houses, stay away from large populations for at least a week. Then go downtown.
Most of this is to look badass.
No, I'm not taking this too seriously.
It's good to be back.

Corvus
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 03:52:36 pm »

Step 1: Make explosives
Step 2: Air Horn
Step 3: Profit

Wouldn't explosives like spray infected material around in a wide area?
You wouldn't even be able to watch the explosion and enjoy the poor basterds fly around in pieces because of the risk to get hit with contagious material.
Sad

We all die alone, but it saddens me to know that I live alone.
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 03:55:19 pm »

Depends on the explosive. There are more types of explosive than simple 'Blow shit everywhere' variants. You COULD use demolition explosives, which use more of a cutting explosion than 'Spray shit everywhere'.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 05:02:03 pm »

I think I'd end up being lazy and just using propane tanks and Molotov cocktails, very little preparation needed, and you could set an entire horde ablaze quick and easy. Then of course after they've been burning for a few minutes and the smoke starts to gather you'd either need an escape plan or a gas mask/respirator. Tongue

The B-man
Civillian

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 03:00:19 am »

Well, seeing as i living in a rural erea in western Norway, I think I could manage to survive. First I would atempt to call my girlfriend and tell her to take shelter at my parents house ( if the phone still works then offcourse )  . Then I would arive there aswell, and make our way into the basement, where we will gather some supplies and weapons. Then, me and my girlfriend would make our way to the 2nd floor, taking all food, water, ammo, knifes and general stuff that we might need. Then chop down the stairs. After a while, if things are getting better outside. We would try to team up with other survivors and enter a rectangular shaped office building ( that almost were abandoned way before the shit hit the fan ), because  it is easy to defend and the only stairs are possible to block or removed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: