The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 30, 2014, 06:17:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your zombie survival plan  (Read 38497 times)
Corvus
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 06:36:46 am »

and your parents>?
is there room for them in your plan  Huh?

We all die alone, but it saddens me to know that I live alone.
The B-man
Civillian

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 10:35:24 am »

Why, yes they are. Well, it depend where they are at that moment. But I recon they would be at my fathers summer house. Whitch is on an island not so far from where they and I live.
BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 05:36:00 am »

This is a plan that me and a friend planned out together.
Notice that we have already taken into account that anyone can die/disappear or not be around during the outbreak.
The plan is made to be as fluid as possible and we have "alternate routes" in it.
For example, say that the outbreak is during the local fair. In that case the local population can rise with up to a thousand temporarily and maneuvering in the center of the town would be near impossible without putting your life at risk. Finding people would also be harder and the chance of the vital members of the plan being in the most dangerous areas would be very likely.
Summertime after/before the fair, late spring or early autumn would be the most preferable for the plan. A somewhat different plan is made for winter season.
During the start of the outbreak I will probably be at home. And I'll react pretty fast if I hear globally of people eating each other in some sort of frenzy.
If it is clear that this is an outbreak and there are no signs of it being suppressed then the plan will start immediately.
First we will get a load of supplies. Unless zombies are already shambling around in town, we will buy all the food, tools etc in a responsible manner. After all, if it is clear that shit is going downhill from here on then wasting a load of money on the necessary things is no loss.
Now, I live in a coastal town in Norway with a population around 3-4000. Why would I expect this place to get overrun at all?
Well, every night, two cruise ships docks at the harbor. One coming from the south(all the way from southern Norway) and one coming from the north.
There are also regularly coming container ships here and there is a local airport.
Also, in a zombie panic, the government would probably get evac sites around the country. This town just happens to be a tactical position too.

Lets just say I'm going to pretty much abandon most of my family.
Though I will call around and tell them to get to my mother's island and grab some supplies on the way there(and to stay away from the infected, make it clear that there is no current cure, zombies aren't people, shot the head, don't bring too many people, not to look for me, etc).
The island is big and has its own freshwater sources and lots of wood. Sheep too. So if stuff goes downhill then my step-father can prepare enough meat for several people for a long time. We also have some hens and the island have foxes, grouse, moose, deer, seagulls(and other birds), the sea has fish of course and there is enough land for the sheep to graze so that spending resources on having them fed doesn't become too much of a problem. The island also has multiple guns and if possible, I will try to get my hands on the Winchester.
Why won't I go with them? First of all, I don't think it will go too well and I really value my survival. Second of, my closest friends are much more reliable in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

After grabbing all the resources from the stores, including ammunition and hunting weapons from the local sports store, we will tank up a load of fuel. As much as possible.
We were very specific on the resources since many of the resources are things most "zombie survival plans" don't even mention.
Toothbrushes and other dental products are actually extremely important.
We will borrow(and claim ownership to as soon as the panic arrives) books, cartoons, manuals and literature from the local library in heaps.
The local agriculture store will has many tools that will be useful. But the almost most important thing is that it has a lot of highly durable
clothing that can be used for years in different seasons.
We will then head further into the commune and go to the farm of my friend's grandparents.
The location has many of the same benefits as my mother's island and there are many handy people in my friend's family(most of them lives in the more rural areas of the commune). If we are lucky then we are able to get my friend's mother with us. She is an educated nurse.
Hopefully we will be able to get most key characters there.
We will get rid of everything useless in the area(potentially burn it) and make barricades around the farm which are more against the living than the dead.
We will make a roadblock and check any other survivors coming by for infection(helping to stop the infection from spreading into the commune) and if we find characters with highly important skills(carpenters, doctors, etc) then they can be offered a place in the "settlement". And if they try anything "funny" then much of the day will be spent on cleaning up the mess.
What will happen after establishing will depend on the season and who we managed to "evacuate" with.

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 01:39:03 pm »

shoes, are very important.
because i hate buying them, usually i have only one pair at the time.
i can tell you, that even very high quality shoes, designed for trekking, after a year are very worn.
keep that in mind, and does anyone of you military guys know how it is with the army shoes?

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Ninja
Civillian Police

Super Buzzkill

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 02:59:14 pm »

Do not look to the military to set an example for long-lasting, hard-use boots. That is counter-productive to military philosophy; they need boots that will have either a very short or no break-in time, that are durable enough for the mission, and that can be purchased in massive quantities at discount.

The best place to go for finding out which shoes and boots will have the long-term wearability you/we'd want is at hiking, backpacking, running, and cross-country running forums. A lot of hikers and backpackers can keep the same pair of boots for years, sometimes decades if you take care of them. Running shoes tend to take more abuse only because they're a lighter material. I've had running shoes last a couple years of running regularly, but they aren't made anymore (some older New Balance shoe). My Asolo boots will last 20 years if I do my part (I've spoken with other backpackers with 20+ year old versions of my boots...).

Very freakin' good point to bring up, though. Runners and trekkers often buy a spare pair of boots that they like just because good boots and shoes are hard to come by.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:24:46 pm by Ninja » Logged

Trust me, there was a buzzkill much, much worse than you who used to visit these forums. XD
Zeke34
Wastelander

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2010, 04:49:00 pm »

And, stickied Smiley

My zombie plan has already been enacted. I have married their queen, and so shall be safe.
The city fears me... I've seen it's true face... He love you long time Lucky Greg. He love you long time The city fears me... I've seen it's true face...

"How do I know you're not one of them?" One of who? "One of the zombies!" Because I'm on the other side of the door calling you a jackass you jackass.
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2010, 05:04:32 pm »

so that makes greg the first lady of zombies, technically?
also, if you wear shoes constantly (like, using only one pair all the time)
they wear down real fast, the high end ones too.
though, i dont take any care of them.
would that help? they are not leather or anything like that

Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2010, 05:08:41 pm »

The city fears me... I've seen it's true face... He love you long time Lucky Greg. He love you long time The city fears me... I've seen it's true face...
I am indeed Cheesy

shoes, are very important.
because i hate buying them, usually i have only one pair at the time.
i can tell you, that even very high quality shoes, designed for trekking, after a year are very worn.
keep that in mind, and does anyone of you military guys know how it is with the army shoes?

so that makes greg the first lady of zombies, technically?
also, if you wear shoes constantly (like, using only one pair all the time)
they wear down real fast, the high end ones too.
though, i dont take any care of them.
would that help? they are not leather or anything like that
Army boots come in several varieties. Also, you (assuming you're a cobbler, or know a cobbler) can have them modified to better suit your needs. What you'd want to do, would be to go through the different types, try them on, and see how you like them. Then the ones that're the best match for you, you'd have modified. If you take proper care of them, the boots should last quite some time.

I've got a pair now that're going on ... hell, my parents got them for me when I finished Basic... almost ten years, I guess. Nine and a half? I've worn the soles down nearly smooth, at this point. But you can get the soles replaced, on a good pair of boots. I've also got a couple of pairs of the older desert boots, which would then be... seven years old, I guess. The soles on one of those pairs came apart, though- probably from being heated so much in Kuwait. The other pair that I never actually wore in the desert has no problems. And again, if I wasn't lazy, I'd just take the first pair to a boot shop and get them fixed.

In general, I prefer a more snug fit with a softer sole if I'm going to be running a lot, and a somewhat harder sole for general day-to-day wear. That's just a matter of preference, though.

...and I prefer 'first lord' Wink
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 05:12:51 pm »

good to know, i was thinking about getting military boots for quite some time now:D
and you know, i was talking about ordinary shoes, like ecco, or nikes, i dont think that a cobbler could do much with them.
though, high heels might be good for killing zombies- pointy, a well placed kick in the eye socket might be just the thing you need:D
anyone played blood rayne? remember her shoes?

Corvus
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2010, 08:21:04 am »

IF all goes well my medieval leather boots should arrive tomorrow.They've got nails in the sole and would probably be a very bad choice in a survival situation, but they look bad ass Tongue

I just realized that my own room wouldn't be a bad hiding place when the zombies come. It's two floors high and has got only one entrance. It would be very easy to defend although supplies might become a problem if help wouldn't arrive soon...

We all die alone, but it saddens me to know that I live alone.
Yo456
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2010, 09:17:55 pm »

Yes, chaos will be the major factor due to civilian panic. That is the point. Zombies feed in the chaos. More zombies, more chaos. Then... well, then you are trapped in a zombified world.
Its like frostbite.

Very good point, classic zombies (shamblers/crawlers) wouldn`t be too much of a treat against a well armed,organized and put together defense,  they are basically slower humans without guns, it`s the confusion they generate that makes them so dangereous

28 weeks later could have made a good movie about this, a outbreak on a well organized comunity with knowledge about the virus, had they not made the military act stupid putting survivors in a "safe room" with no locks or guards and in the middle of everything, the only remaining carrier of the virus on an open room with no vigilance and basic security clearence and some more really stupid mistakes that I assume they wouldn`t make in reality
ce_gray
ARC Support Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 12:53:37 pm »

This all depends on whether the zombies are smart, can swim, or need to be completely obliterated in order to stop them.

Is getting her butt kicked by psychology.
jared
Half-Life

I'm pretty much queen bitch of the universe

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 03:08:03 pm »

Well, living in Arizona, its not hard to find an area where no one lives. So as it is, for the first few months/years/ whatever I stay in my house, Ninjing in the day time for supplies. If I'm followed I go out to the middle of nowhere, lose them, and work my way back. In my house right now I have access to 4 different hand-guns and parts for a zip gun that fire just about any caliber you can throw at me. If I can I will take in any survivors I can before we come close to danger of over population. so about 8 people. Soon as I can out to the dessert, on to the Gila River (almost always dry) and hopfully we can follow that to the white tanks and keep moving north for a fer hundred miles. After that I stay there, and maybe venture out to see if all the zombies have decayed yet a few decades later.

Jared-[communism] only starts to break down in lager groups

Log!-Because they just get drunk and just will not put up with anyone's shit.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 05:23:25 pm »

Isolate myself and my wife to a predetermined safe spot (which has been picked already as of 090320) at time of incident.

Things I should be doing in preperation for the outbreak:

1) Stocking up on ammo and weapons
2) Stocking up on those 5 gallon jugs of water/MREs
3) Make sure the chemical toilet at the safe spot is serviceable and hygenic.
4) Train, train, train!
5) Ensure safe spot is being developed with defense in mind. Invest into it because that's gonna be home for a while
6) Stock fuel at safe point for the generator
7) Have a preplanned route to the safe point from the location I am residing at.

Blah blah blah. You get the drift.
Vaeringr
Civillian

Better living through Kevlar :p

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 07:03:37 pm »

good to know, i was thinking about getting military boots for quite some time now:D
and you know, i was talking about ordinary shoes, like ecco, or nikes, i dont think that a cobbler could do much with them.
though, high heels might be good for killing zombies- pointy, a well placed kick in the eye socket might be just the thing you need:D
anyone played blood rayne? remember her shoes?

I was looking hard at a pair of Danners last year. Expensive and kind of heavy but they have stitched on soles. Stepping on someone's head with a combat-boot stomp does tend to be fatal. So, no need to go exotic to be able to do the "Zombie Stomp" with confidence. Steel toes are pretty brutal too. (People have been murdered with them.) only down side is they can be very hard on your feet.

Good boots will cost you; but they will probably last longer then you want to keep them. Got 3-4 years of daily wear out of my Rockies. They could probably be redone (again.) but the soles are separating again and I think they're kind of done. Uppers are totally fine just the soles giving up the ghost.

Zombie 's in the Room! His axe is on fire! He killed your parents!!! Shoot em' in the head!!!! Shoot em' in the heaaaaaaaad!!!  -MC Chris
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: