The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 30, 2014, 05:07:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your zombie survival plan  (Read 34936 times)
Sultan of Swing
Zombie

Post Apocalyptic Bard.

maybeimalion@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2010, 07:44:17 pm »

I can't see a way that wouldn't work.

:3
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2010, 06:44:27 pm »

Ok, a freind and I sat on the deck and spent some time contemplating a zombie apocolypse this weekend (children played in the yard and we threw back some beers, but I digress).  We live in the western suburbs of Philadelphia and assumed the worst case quick spreading end of the world type zombie scenario.

Philly has about 1.4 million in it.  We figured worst case 1/2 the population turns zombie, the other 1/2 dies outright or flees.  That's 700,000 zombies expanding out of the city after the initial outbreak, when we assumed we would know what's going on and possibly have seen some zeds in our area. We dig in.  Generator, enough gas for several days with minimal usage, food, 10,000ish rounds of ammo for various firearms, tools, vehicles, etc.

Now we make some assumptions.  Most of the zombies move north out of the city, because there are rivers on 3 sides of the city and less will cross bridges than wander up open streets.  Once they are at the north city limits they can go west, north, or northeast with most roads funneling north and northeast.  We assumed 1/4 go west towards us.  175,000 zeds heading west.  At this point we figure we live on the wrong side of the river.  We also make the assumption that as it the horde will remain the same size (losses will equal new zombies).  We are 30 miles from philly and guessed zombie horde travel at 10 miles per day.

Based on this we figure we can't stay.  The plan has to be "bug out". So let the initial panic die down over 2 days, deal with local zombie threats and then bail.  So out planning is now, after the social collapse, how to se move families overland and where.  To be continued...

Mike
Five of Clubs
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2010, 11:58:59 am »

I'd intend on staying in the Boston area, maybe go out to an island that nobody has been to. I do have a boat.

Maybe stay in the castle at Castle Island, there is enough room to store and farm for a small group of people, and the ocean is nearby. I'd just have to blockade any routes in. There is also a port right there so I might scavenge containers for supplies if I could.

I have a fair amount of relatives withing 5 blocks of my house, all of which have some sort of weapon and decent common sense. My family favors large cars and have a hobby of gardening. We have plumbers, a carpenter and a mechanic. The rest of us have basic knowledge in such areas. I'd say we could run a safe house for quite some time with a majority of the family and then start gathering survivors.
Sultan of Swing
Zombie

Post Apocalyptic Bard.

maybeimalion@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2010, 03:34:33 am »

Maybe stay in the castle at Castle Island

I was staring to wonder why it was called Castle Island.

:3
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2010, 04:28:39 pm »

I was staring to wonder why it was called Castle Island.
Starting to wonder why it was? It's still called that and I'm pretty sure it was on an island before the land to it was filled in...
stevepo
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2010, 09:12:50 pm »

What kind of outbreak are we talking about here is it full blown chaos off the start or am I going to be able to see it coming?
If it is full blow right off the start like i wake up and i am screwed because there is zombie every place i try to get too.  Then I am going to make a break for my uncles house were i keep all my hunting gear and my side arm. i have my FID for fire arms and plan on applying for my class A soon. If I manage to make it there without incident I will stock up on as much ammo as  there is for the taken and then look for some place were i can post up for the night with little or no risk.
The next morning the hunt for food and water and maybe someone to hold up with. This can either be an a good idea or a really bad one people can sometimes be more dangerous than the invasion itself. I got so many ideas on what to do from there but i am going to cut it short and see what everyone else will do I will post more soon on what I want to do Smiley
Yo456
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2010, 07:42:40 pm »

Yeah, but that is the problem.
How do you bump into the zombie apocalypse? How do you recognize it?
Someone is hammering on your door, you open it and "WRAAARGH" you have a face full of teeth and you haven't even realized what is going on.

About this, there`s a remis (Don`t know if that`s a word in english, in spanish is kinda like a cab, you call a car with a driver that gets you from point A to B) place next to my building, the receptionist was just drinking coffee at around 7 AM on a sunday and a drunkard entered the place pushing the door and shambling a little, then threw himself on top of her and bite her shoulder repeatedly, until he was scared away by a neighbor with his dog...First thing I though was "a zombie?=P", but what if he actually was? she would`ve turned, and if she bitted someone else we would have though it was a cause of the stress (she actually had to undergo  psichologycal therapy) 
OMGzombies
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2010, 12:13:52 pm »

About this, there`s a remis (Don`t know if that`s a word in english, in spanish is kinda like a cab, you call a car with a driver that gets you from point A to B) place next to my building, the receptionist was just drinking coffee at around 7 AM on a sunday and a drunkard entered the place pushing the door and shambling a little, then threw himself on top of her and bite her shoulder repeatedly, until he was scared away by a neighbor with his dog...First thing I though was "a zombie?=P", but what if he actually was? she would`ve turned, and if she bitted someone else we would have though it was a cause of the stress (she actually had to undergo  psichologycal therapy) 

Yeah, its a cab or limo service. Cabs for normal people, Limos for rich people. But reguardless, that's a pretty crazy story.
Colonel_Temp
Outbreak Survivor

Observe your doom...

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 06:19:24 pm »

I live on the edge of the second biggest city in the country. It isn't far to the motorway so I'm sure if I could get a car (No license but who's gonna do anything about that in the zombie apocalyse??) I'd be able to eventually get to either somewhere remote or to the coast. Now getting to the coast would take longer but I could then try to steal a boat and get out onto the ocean, which afaik would be zombie free. The chances of me gettin any kind of firearm are slim to nil so it'd be melee all the way, which won't end well. I don't have anything I would find useful in such a situation. No weapons, no leather jackets (Pretty bite resistant i'd assume).

I wouldn't last long but then this is the Zombie apocalypse so 90% of people won't. If I got out of the city then I'd run out of medication within a month (At the most) and then likely have a seizure at the worst possible time (Me and Godwins' law have a bit of a disagreement). One advantage I have, is a bigass supermarket down the road that is full of supplies.. And zombies.
cluckstick
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2010, 02:56:23 am »

luckily enough for me, i have a few advantages for this.

first id grab anything i want/need (xbox 360, phone charger, etc.) then head to my ranch which is in between lampasas and lometa which have a combined population of around 4,000. so, as long as cows cant get infected, im good.

but ill get bored eventually so you guys are invited to come party.

things to have ready for z-day:

-guns
-tools (shovels, excavators)
-sporting equipment
-boring stuff like food and water
-entertainment
-alcohol
-place to hide
-people to chill with
-a shopping mall would be great
-

weapon over here!
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2010, 04:38:46 pm »

between lampasas and lometa

*Blank look*

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Colonel_Temp
Outbreak Survivor

Observe your doom...

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2010, 04:51:05 pm »

Escaping to the channel islands seemed like a good idea to me. Until I checked and saw there are 90k+ people on Jersey alone.
Vaeringr
Civillian

Better living through Kevlar :p

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2010, 04:05:51 pm »

Boldt Castle. Island AND castle. All I could ask for after that is a Zepplin to raid inland for supplies.

Zombie 's in the Room! His axe is on fire! He killed your parents!!! Shoot em' in the head!!!! Shoot em' in the heaaaaaaaad!!!  -MC Chris
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2010, 11:46:26 pm »

Kill all sons of bitches.

DinoZombies
Outbreak Survivor

Hell Yes

robsonstudios
View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2010, 05:22:14 am »

I live in a 3 story flat, which has rooftops leading to a grocery shop down at the corner (and a pub lol) so i would blow up my stair cases so nothing can get up, hop along the rooftops when ever i needed things, have a pint and wait for the whoooole thing to blow over Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: