The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 18, 2014, 03:46:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you want me to drive?  'Cause I can drive y' know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your zombie survival plan  (Read 36680 times)
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2010, 06:25:41 pm »

I've rethought my plan.  I just spent a 5 days with extended family on vacation and now I believe I would not be able to stand the stresses of a zombie apocoplypse and confined spaces with my extended family. 

I think I'll take a horrible death at the hands of the brain eaters.  My wife and son are one thing, but beyond that I'm just not that social. 

Mike
Five of Clubs
B-Chan
Half-Life

'Cuz they rapin' errbody out here.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2010, 07:34:35 am »

Kill all sons of bitches.

This.

Quote from: Jenny
Oh B-Chan, you're so dreamy.  He love you long time
Fisto
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2010, 06:26:40 am »

Phase 1

Without drawing unwanted attention from the panicing public, I would quietly steal a Land Rover from the workshop, scoot throug the armory to stock up with a proper amount of ammunition and some spare rifles. On my way to the refuelling station i would stop by the mess lounge and grab all MRE packages i can get a hold of and of course emergencey water rations. At the refuelling station I would also pick up two extra jerry cans for emergency usage only.

After driving through the brigade gate, i would only stop briefly at my apartment to collect my personal weapons, clothing and some other bits that might be of use.

Phase 2

Make it through the next day...

Alea Iacta Est
Flustrator
Zombie

Artist and Tofurkey Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2010, 03:52:03 pm »

It really all depends on the capabilities of the zombies, for me.

In any case, I would always be on the move. Seeing as it probably wouldn't be particularly safe to remain in one spot for too long. But, I would stay stealthy. Thinking about my every movement. Staying alert.

I would always have a weapon handy. A large, sturdy melee weapon (Bat, Shovel, etc...) for silence. A knife, more as a tool than a weapon. Guns wouldn't be too high on my list because they are loud and can attract more zombies, but they are a necessity. A pistol for portability. And some high-powered automatic weapon, for tight spots when I would have to take out a lot of zombies all at once. Of course that brings up the problem of ammunition. But I think if I plan ahead to avoid being trapped in a sea of zombies, I wouldn't need to use it as much. I would like to use my guns as little as possible.

I would probably either: search for some sort of human salvation, or journey to find my family (whether or not it is a lost cause) who live quite far away. Mostly to have some motivation to keep surviving. And should I lose my will, I would save one bullet for myself.

That's basically it.

Not very detailed, but it's a start.  Smiley

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2010, 06:46:58 am »

I would prbably ride my bike everywhere rather than take transit...
Hopefully schools would be safe and operable.
And just carry out life normally, but brain a few zombies on my way out the door.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
RoboticFuel
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2010, 03:52:08 pm »

I'd nab a bicycle from the rack outside and head to Fort Henry. It's not far from here, and considering it's a fort, I figure it would be a great place to hole up in.

"We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
-M. C. Escher
BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2010, 01:08:56 pm »

I'd nab a bicycle from the rack outside and head to Fort Henry. It's not far from here, and considering it's a fort, I figure it would be a great place to hole up in.
Won't quite a lot of people think the same thing?

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
RoboticFuel
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2010, 05:45:08 pm »

Most likely. However, since the population of the city is mostly students, they'll be too busy partying like it's the end of the world. I mean, that's what they do on a normal night, imagine if they had an excuse!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 06:06:03 pm by RoboticFuel » Logged

"We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
-M. C. Escher
Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2010, 01:18:06 pm »

I've got an Idea!
Lets go to Arcadia, the last umbrella corporation salvation area. Im pretty sure that they will welcome us with open arms!
10 minutes later : Tries to throw as many knives as humanely possible at Albert Wesker
10 More minutes later, Location Heaven: Do you think it was a good idea to blow up the fusion reactor while we were INSIDE Arcadia?
Well at least Albert is dead.
1 Minute later, Loaction Earth: I LIVE! Grin

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
Browsey1994
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2010, 12:31:44 pm »

hello, i'm new here. I've been a fan of the undead forever (excluding ghosts!!!!) If an outbreak took place in the US, I would head south, My reasoning is this: if everyone fled north to be safe, wouldn't a majority of the horde of zombies follow them? Sure it's safer in winter But the roadways would be clogged with Cars, bodies, animals and a massive amount of zombies. I figure, since everyone would head toward canada or alaska I would head towards florida or texas because, as previously stated the main horde would be on northbound roadways. for weapons i would use whatever was at hand. hopefully guns but I wouldn't say no to a bat or brick in a pinch.....hell, I would stay away from most towns or cities. Food I would pack, but i would hunt or forage too. see y'all in the apocalypse 
anyman82
Half-Life

The guy who wanders in occasionally

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2010, 02:46:32 pm »

hello, i'm new here. I've been a fan of the undead forever (excluding ghosts!!!!) If an outbreak took place in the US, I would head south, My reasoning is this: if everyone fled north to be safe, wouldn't a majority of the horde of zombies follow them? Sure it's safer in winter But the roadways would be clogged with Cars, bodies, animals and a massive amount of zombies. I figure, since everyone would head toward canada or alaska I would head towards florida or texas because, as previously stated the main horde would be on northbound roadways. for weapons i would use whatever was at hand. hopefully guns but I wouldn't say no to a bat or brick in a pinch.....hell, I would stay away from most towns or cities. Food I would pack, but i would hunt or forage too. see y'all in the apocalypse 
Texas: Yes. Florida: Swamps.

Also, welcome. *Stares at you with his all-seeing eye*

Let us go singing as far as we go: the road will be less tedious. -Virgil-
IronBrig4
Civillian Police

IronBrig4
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2010, 08:41:01 pm »

Unless you live in a sparsely populated region, try to avoid the military bases because there will be way too many refugees there. My home city is San Diego and although we have Camp Pendleton, Miramar MCAS, North Island NAS, and many other military facilities, I can guarantee they'd be filled with panicky people. Just try to stay out of cities in general. Even military installations that might be located in a small town could be within a short distance of major metropolitan areas. For example, Fort Hood is between Austin and Waco so it would be inundated with refugees from those two cities.

I have different zombie plans depending on how much notice I have.

Plan 1 (6 months' notice or more)
This would be if a zombie outbreak started outside of North America. I'd try to get myself a cabin somewhere in the Canadian Rockies and stock it with enough water, canned food, medicine, and gasoline to last for months. There would also be some packets of seeds so I could do some planting. I'd order two Short Magazine Lee-Enfield rifles, two Winchester shotguns, and two M1911 Colt pistols. Why two? Because one of them might break or I might find a partner. I'd spend months shipping ammo and other supplies up there and do my best to read up on wilderness survival, woodworking, and agriculture. Since North America probably wouldn't be in panic mode the shipping services would be working efficiently. At the first sign of an outbreak on this continent I'd go straight to my refuge.

And if the zombie outbreak is contained before it reaches my area, then at least I'll have one hell of a hunting lodge.  Grin

Plan 2 (several weeks' notice)
If an outbreak occurred in the United States I'm actually in a pretty good location. College Station is in the middle of nowhere; Houston and Austin are both more than a hundred miles away. That would give me enough time to get supplies and guns before panic sets in amongst the general population. The staircase outside is easy to dismantle so I can remain safe up on the second floor. I would also need to take precautions and be ready to move out. To do that I'd prepare like I would for a long backpacking trip and get ready to set out for Houston or Galveston. They're cities but I'd need a place where I might find a boat that could take me to Cuba.

Plan 3 (I wake up tomorrow with one of them pounding on my door)
First, assess the situation. If they're scattered then I'd just grab my hammer, fight off the immediate threat, and set to work taking down the staircase. After that I could start formulating more of a plan.

If there's a horde of them around here, then there would be nothing to do but throw clothes, contents of medicine cabinet, roll of toilet paper (important), water bottles, and non-perishable food in my duffel bag. Then I'd climb out my window and start walking towards the Gulf.
Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2010, 06:21:26 am »

To be truthful it really depends on the warnings I get and the location I am in at the time. Also depends on the type of zombie, Fast or shambler?

Overall I would probably choose my school as there is an entire underground complex that has hundreds of desks in it, as well as timber and a reasonable supply of heat and electricity with the solar generator complex. There is also a greenhouse area that could have food grown on it.

Altogether the underground complex sounds very useful, did I mention the doors to the underground are made of metal?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
Grey Wolf
ARC Support Staff

I'll see you at Green Mountain...

sentinalgrafi
View Profile Email
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2010, 06:51:45 am »

I think knowing how fast the infection is spreading helps. I have two sites planned out. One is the ideal site where I have time to move everything I want to my planned site. The second is is 5 minute grab and go, where the site is close by.

Dinglemonkey....
ZKLuvikas
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2010, 01:40:53 pm »

Thick clothing, head protection and leather gloves are a must as well as tall leather boots. Anything that makes it harder for you to get bitten is essential. I'd have to go with a large vehicle, either a truck or an SUV, though an SUV may be preferable due to the bed being vulnerable to hiding zombies in a pick up. Firstly I would gather my children and strap them in as quickly and calmly as possible and then head for open country. Trying to wall yourself up in a city is foolhardy, the zombie population density will be much higher in a city setting and it will be much more difficult to get anywhere via city streets as the mad dash begins. I'd find a secure house without many neighbors and begin boarding up windows and any other possible zombie entry points. As for non weapon/armor supplies I'd bring an AM/FM radio and a CB radio for communication purposes as well as a netbook and cell phone to aid me as long as those means of communication held out. Also in tow would be a gas powered generator, for when the power grid went down and a good supply of dried and ready to eat food items such as jerky, dried fruits, trail mix, etc. Anyone or anything attempting to approach the house would be wiped out with extreme prejudice, no sense in taking any chances, and I'd wait things out for as long as my food reserves continued to last before venturing out. I would be very unlikely to take in any allies as these can easily turn on you or become liabilities down the road. Once the dust settled from the initial onslaught I'd begin a local area sweep, clearing out any zombies I found and attempting to make contact via radio so as to keep constantly updated. Many think of taking over a store or other large, food filled shelter but obviously these places will be targets for raiders and also heavily zombified hot zones.

Add:
First Aid supplies
Antibiotics
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:46:31 pm by ZKLuvikas » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: