The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 24, 2014, 04:36:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fable 3  (Read 2343 times)
Kraven
ARC Support Staff

Trolololololo

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:09:51 am »

Well we all knew this was going to happen right after 2 came out, which was a disappointment for me. But Peter has announced that Fable 3 will be created and released during the holiday time of this year. Old news yes but here's some new stuff that we can expect in the new game.

- Touching, we can actually touch things. Holding hands instead of running off like an idiot with your girlfriend/boyfriend behind.
- Weapon morphing, the weapons morph to your alignment. Instead of having the same weapon but with different stats each weapon a hero uses will be unique to them.
- The dog is back, need I say more? Plus the dog will have more options then just the tricks, food, and either loving or scolding the animal.
- Project Natal, even though this game is controller base there will be points where you will want to have Natal.

I will update this sheet when I hear more news of what will be in the game. But now I like to say that even though I am excited for this game I still feel that in the end we will have a slight disappointment. Peter talks a good talk about the game but the question is will Fable 3 actually walk the walk?

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:03:08 am »

Peter talks a good talk about the game but the question is will Fable 3 actually walk the walk?

Given the track record of the previous 2?  (Decent games but nowhere close to what Pete claimed they would be) I would say no.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:05:32 am »

I still enjoyed both games. Were they embellished upon a little bit prior to their release? Yeah. Were they still fucking fun and addiciting? Fuck yes they were.

I am just praying that there isnt another anti-climatic "final boss battle" like in Fable 2. That was pretty lame sauce.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 02:37:04 pm »

I am just praying that there isnt another anti-climatic "final boss battle" like in Fable 2. That was pretty lame sauce.

Accidentally shoot him in the face in the middle of his monologue and scare the shit out of yourself?

When it comes to the Fable games, Fable 2 was pretty much what Fable 1 was supposed to be, so Fable 3 is going to be what Fable 2 was supposed to be. Simple as that.

At least, that's what I think.
Achilles
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 03:00:11 pm »

When it comes to the Fable games, Fable 2 was pretty much what Fable 1 was supposed to be, so Fable 3 is going to be what Fable 2 was supposed to be. Simple as that.
I always thought that Fable 1 was way better then Fable 2...so does that mean that fable 3 will be the worst yet?
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 03:31:16 pm »

If you don't like new things, then probably.

Achilles
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 04:01:44 pm »

If you don't like new things, then probably.
I don't see what's so "new" about the Fable series. fable 1 has a decent storyline and gameplay (and admittedly pretty awesome graphics), 2 had a worse storyline, and gameplay was almost non-existant. Only thing in it's favor has awesome graphics...and lots of games have that perk.
Firesolved
potatOWNED!
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 04:20:50 pm »

Fable 2's "storyline" wasn't supposed to exist. It was supposed to be a type of guided free fall. You could do whatever you wanted. I said fuck it and didnt complete any main story for a while and just ran around killing everything in my path. I think that was the most awesome part of Fable.
Kraven
ARC Support Staff

Trolololololo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 04:24:54 pm »

I do enjoy Fable very much so but I noticed that Peter says a lot of things that sound great but somehow they get lost in translation and never make it into the game. "We have this. We're going to do that." Yada yada yada. Yes it all sounds wonderful but here's the question Peter, like the hero in Fable 3 who get's to make a choice in keeping their promises will you keep yours?

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 04:57:19 pm »

Only thing in it's favor has awesome graphics...and lots of games have that perk.

And the updated combat, and the streamlined magic, and the endgame wasn't "If you're doing it right, you look exactly like everyone else". It had multiplayer, and it had Minigames that were actually worth a damn. It also had the family mechanic that the original game was supposed to have.

Achilles
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 05:52:38 pm »

And the updated combat, and the streamlined magic, and the endgame wasn't "If you're doing it right, you look exactly like everyone else". It had multiplayer, and it had Minigames that were actually worth a damn. It also had the family mechanic that the original game was supposed to have.
wait...fable 2 had combat? I mean, combat that wasn't a complete joke. I will admit that magic was streamlined, but that's hardly a selling point imo. Oh, and very few games (at least...very few of the games I've played) have an endgame in which everyone looks exactly the same. And I loath minigames in pretty much any game they're included in, and that counts double in Fable. I will admit that the family mechanic was kinda cool. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 06:11:04 pm »

Oh, and very few games (at least...very few of the games I've played) have an endgame in which everyone looks exactly the same.

Yeah, that's why when it happens it sucks so very much. I mean, in both games you wind up looking like a giant hulking piece of shit, no matter what style of combat you use. I don't really see how combat from Fable 1 to Fable 2 differed, except making ranged combat not suck.

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 09:31:49 pm »

I did fable 1 with a bow only guy. Smiley

Lot harder.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 09:33:06 pm »

I don't know about Harder, you pretty much start every fight lining up a headshot and getting your instant kill, then the rest of it walking backwards and shooting people.

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 09:33:43 pm »

I was thinking of the arena there.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: