The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 25, 2014, 06:22:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My little WTF?!?  (Read 5281 times)
dudesomebody
Half-Life

the beatings will continue until moral improves!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 11:46:11 pm »

I.Hate.That.Show. Words can not express my loathing. I respect that other people like it, it just makes my soul die a little everytime I see it. I'm sorry, I see there are people who enjoy that one. Maybe chowder would have been a better example??

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 11:52:53 pm »

I'm looking at you adventure time Outlaw with an upgrade

...What you got against the pilot light of the animation rennaisance?

Seriously, AT is fucking great. It pushes the boundaries of animation and censorship In a delightful manner.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
dudesomebody
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 12:04:02 am »

...What you got against the pilot light of the animation rennaisance?

Seriously, AT is fucking great. It pushes the boundaries of animation and censorship In a delightful manner.
I don't doubt that it pushes the boundaries of censorship and animation, I am just willing to debate about how delightful it is. Again, I respect that people like it, I just don't; I should have used a different example I think  Tongue

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 04:05:01 am »

The boundaries of animation, probably not. But as it stands, Adventure Time is definitely one of the best "daytime cartoons" I can think of. It definitely takes something from shows like Rocky & Bullwinkle and Ren & Stimpy in that it's first and foremost a show for kids, yes, but it contains quite a bit of content that just soars over the heads of children. And unlike the other shows I mentioned, there's quite a bit of backstory and implied stuff in Adventure Time (the great mushroom war, Princess Bubblegum and marceline, the ice king, etc etc.), and that's what puts that that show so far ahead of most other shows in my book. Well, that and It's surprisingly hilarious for a kids show.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 05:11:02 pm »

They have a bit of that in MLP as well, like characters from The Big Lebowski making a small Cameo. I don't like to consider myself a Brony though... Just somebody who enjoys the show. From what I have seen, Bronies are... very creepy about liking the ponies and stuff, I think you may know what I mean.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
dudesomebody
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 09:59:45 pm »

I know exactly what you mean and that is the big reason I made this thread. I have seen about 10 episodes of the show now and can resonably say that its ok, I still don't understand what has made it the huge...internet event that it is. Is it like a meme?? and by that I mean has it become what it is in the same manner as the meme or is this another creature altogether?? I think this is where me and Log! have an understanding, we don't get the explosion of ponies on the internet.

dudesomebody
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 01:22:46 pm »

First, a few apologies. I know I am necroing and I am sorry, I found something I thought was relevant and thought I would share it with people (like me and log!) who are having trouble understanding this weird...cultural movement.

Second, I know I am double posting but that seemed apropriate too, deal with it.

Found an articule about the origins of the fanbase and found it kinda of interesting How 4chan gave birth to the bronies I can't relate to some of the fans mentioned but I never would have figured 4chan for the origins of this group..I can't imagine they would survive there let alone defeat the trolls of the /co/ boards.

...wait I just gave relevant information without asking a question...how cool is that??

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 04:48:15 pm »

4Chan... *shakes head*  What can't they be blamed for?

*shrugs*

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:52:05 pm by TheLastOutlaw » Logged

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: