The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 23, 2014, 04:24:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm having a fucking BLAST.  See this?  This is my "HAVING A FUCKING BLAST" face!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Permit Me for bringing another DS game topic  (Read 4510 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 07:42:21 pm »

MOON is gud? I haven't heard a lot about it other than MOON.

I played the first Dementium, didn't care for that either. The controls were a little wonky for me. Have you played/tried any of the second, Yut?
MOON is good, a bit repetitive but good.
Dementium II is a huge improvement over the first one (I actually have a review for it up), the controls are improved, and it's way less repetitive. But it's really short, only about 3 hours long. I downloaded it on my flashcart, but I probably wouldn't pay full price for it.
I'm not sure if your into Call of Duty, but Modern Warfare Mobilized and World at War are pretty good (I also have a review of Mobilized).
And then I've been hearing good things about that new Shin Megami game.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 08:51:54 pm »

Out of all the games mentioned, I only played Hotel Dusk, which I know plenty of other TZH users played.
And most of the ones Log mentioned.

Eh, it's just a lame meme, I'm not like "Rahhhh, I can't believe you said DSfags rage rage rage"

Honestly, if I were you, I'd take a look at HK's lists. A lot of the games he's into are usually pretty cheap, and you can get hours and hours worth of playtime out of them. Both of the Mario & Luigi games for the DS are great fun. The World Ends with you is good, as are both of the Shin Megami Tensei games. If you like turn based strategy, check out Disgaea or Final Fantasy Tactics, and if you don't like turn based strategy, you're dead to me. Hummm..... Making this list would be easier if I had my DS still. Fudge.

I purchase most of my games used, and most of the ones I have I bought for $14.99 or less (A good majority of those $9.99 or less) with a few exceptions. And it does help with the hours played/money paid scheme.

And with my talk about tactics, I completely forgot about Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics...
I wholeheartedly second Log with those two. With Disgaea, you can easily waste more hours in the Item World than in the actual Story (Which is of a satisfying length, I might add).

And Tactics... Christ... You can actually forget the story when you do all the side quests. There is an ungodly number of them, and add in the Auction House, jobs/classes that are restricted to some species, that nice and different "Gather items to trade them in for new items" system...

Ninja'd: 863
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 10:02:23 pm »

Yeah, get Hotel Dusk. You want to be cool like the rest of use here, right Hail? XD
Also, I saw MOON at my EB for $10 new, if your interested.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 10:45:57 pm »

She has hotel dusk. Just saying.

At least, that's what I think.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 10:52:06 pm »

Yeah, I have Hotel Dusk, lol.

Didn't the company make another game like Hotel Dusk? Was that any good.

I'll see if I can pick up MOON soon (haha, rhyme) see if I can get a jorb first.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 10:55:37 pm »

Again?

It got below average reviews, unfortunately. But there is also a sequel to Hotel Dusk, but it was only released in Japan (As far as I know).

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 11:29:48 pm »

Yeah, I really hope they do release Last Window here. I'd love to play it.
And I've heard from people who have played Again that it really sucks. So tread with caution on that one.

Tquestion
ARC Support Staff

This ends now.

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 05:21:33 am »

Knights in the Nightmare is pretty good Hail you could give that a shot, its a pretty good mash up of Bullet Hell and RPG.

Locks Quest is also pretty good if you like tower defense, and the multilayer on its pretty fun if you got a buddy with their own copy.

Also you could try Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ, its a shoot em up with Red mowing through hordes of zombies and zombified versions of Santa and such.

P.S: TWEWY is also pretty good, the characters were tolerable, the story was decent, and the battle system was fun.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 05:27:08 am by Tquestion » Logged

I question everything.
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 05:55:03 am »

If you liked Hotel Dusk try Trace Memory, the game the company made before it. 

If you like RPGs pick up the Crono Trigger remake, it is epic.

I keep going back to Shiren the Wanderer (a rogue like/mystery dungeon game)

MarioKart is a classic...

GTA Chinatown wars is awesome, one of my faves for the system.  But it's stupidly easy to make money in it which makes it a little too easy.  (It also sold like shit for some reason I can't comprehend.  I just saw it at the local Wal Mart on clearance for 15 bucks brand new.)

That's all I can think of for now.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 09:23:14 am »

Knights in the Nightmare is pretty good Hail you could give that a shot, its a pretty good mash up of Bullet Hell and RPG.

I want to add that you should really try to pick this one up new, as I think it comes with a CD with some music from the game on it.

I keep going back to Shiren the Wanderer (a rogue like/mystery dungeon game)

Hells yeah! That game defines pain and misery! Gave up on it when I died in the Golden City due to a malady of status alignments.
It's the most hardcore rogue-like on the DS, way more so than those pansy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.

Picross is definitely a keeper if you're into puzzle games, it's long, challenging, addictive and hard to resist once you get into the groove of it. Has a huge number of puzzles and the option to make your own. Lacks graphics and sound, but it's simplistic looks work with it and you would more often than not neglect the music for your own.

A quick, fun, overwhelmingly adorable romp; Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, part Adventure-RPG, part Mech battles. In the A-RPG part, you gather items (Practically anything) which can be used as ammunition for your mech. As well as the slimes you meet can help you run it, three max at a time. What sweetens the deal is that they have different characteristics, as to what they would do if you enlist them. The mech battles are the highlight, bombarding the enemies' mech and then breaking in to destroy the core... That alone should be a good enough reason to purchase the game.

TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 09:57:17 am »

Hells yeah! That game defines pain and misery! Gave up on it when I died in the Golden City due to a malady of status alignments.
It's the most hardcore rogue-like on the DS, way more so than those pansy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.

I had painstakingly leveled up a kick ass sword, plated it so it wouldn't rust etc etc...  I'm sure you see where this is going? 

I got mind fucked by one of the hypnosis things and lost it.  But I keep going back to it eventually... thinking I'm going to beat it one of these days...

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Tquestion
ARC Support Staff

This ends now.

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 10:25:29 am »

I want to add that you should really try to pick this one up new, as I think it comes with a CD with some music from the game on it.
Damn it you serious? Bought mine new and didn't get a CD with it. Shame too, the music was good.

I question everything.
HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 01:26:08 pm »

I had painstakingly leveled up a kick ass sword, plated it so it wouldn't rust etc etc...  I'm sure you see where this is going? 

I got mind fucked by one of the hypnosis things and lost it.  But I keep going back to it eventually... thinking I'm going to beat it one of these days...

Unfortunately I do... How you gear up, pimp everything out, bring all the supplies you need... And it can't save you from an enemy messing you up and the others coming in for the beatdown.
Looked up what hypnosis does... Jesus... I can imagine that in a monster house... And it sends shivers down my spine.
To actually beat it is a true accomplishment. Might make it one of my life-long goals.

Damn it you serious? Bought mine new and didn't get a CD with it. Shame too, the music was good.

I thought it was, and I could have sworn that and a few other DS Atlus games came with it.
Checked the official website for Knights in the Nightmare and the Soundtrack comes with every launch copy.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 02:51:30 pm »

(It also sold like shit for some reason I can't comprehend.  I just saw it at the local Wal Mart on clearance for 15 bucks brand new.)
It's because the majority of DS owners are little kids. But yeah, it's a shame since it's such a good game.

HK-47
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 08:22:25 pm »

Quoting Shabazz: "Ain't this a bitch?"

No wonder all the good niche and/or violent games aren't selling well and will soon become hard to find...
Those kids should be spending their allowances and lunch money on those quality games.

If I can't find a launch copy of The Dark Spire, I'll be runnin' up their houses.  Outlaw with an upgrade

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: