The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 23, 2014, 01:38:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons  (Read 14446 times)
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: May 22, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »

If there is a Warhammer thread, there has to be one of these. For talking about different experiences you've had playing, different and interesting things a DM has done in a campaign, hilarious events, and just about anything D&D in general.

Also, you can become a fucking weretiger, how awesome is that?

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:31:31 pm »

Also, some clever trap ideas, clever trick item ideas, anything. In one game, the players came across a deck of cards in the charred remains of a table, so, of course, they pick them up. The DM made them roll, and after they rolld a certain number, they got a certain card that was (unknown to them) matching that number. So, of course, it summons an ancient dragon. Luckily, they were clever enough to trick it into drawing it's own card, thus turning it into stone. Player Ingenuity FTW.

At least, that's what I think.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:53:40 pm »

The Teacher at my school who DM's our school game was telling us how his friend DM'd a group where one was the good guys and the other group was just fucking up the other group, and it was like a race, and there was a moment when both groups were in the same town in the same places, but never actually met. He would describe both groups to each other, but they would just end up walking past each other.

Another thing from our game, my friend Mike had missed a couple games so he really wanted some loot, so the DM got him to find this shiny belt, and he identified it, but didn't roll good enough so he didn't find out about the curse, and he was turned female. Also, my character was turned into a rat.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Lash2828
Coolest Waffle in show
ARC Support Staff

I'm just that cool.

lash2828@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 01:17:13 pm »

I feel like I have enough stories to dominate this thread, but there's just too much text to be typed so I'm just gonna rave onto some discussions instead.

Monks. Most overpowered class?
Above average Fort saves, above average Will saves, outrageous Reflex saves, outrageous AC, average To Hit and Damage, outrageous move speed.

Sure, wizards/sorcerers can seal them away, but good luck if you don't have backup to fend them off.

Wizzie: FORCE CAGE!
Monkey: DIMENSION DOOR!
Wizzie: FUCK!
Monkey: YATATATATATATATATATATA QUIVERING PALM!
Wizzie: Death Arm--
Monkey: 8 ATTACK OF OPPERTUNITIES! And you are already dead.
*Wizzie goes sploosh*

He love you long time

"Lash, so pro that he can play TF2 on Atari."
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 01:20:13 pm »

I saw it depends on the type of person playing, and the gear and just everything in general. We had a monk (who got killed by a random goblin cause the dm rolled double 20's and instantly killed him) and he was a fair fighter, but would fall in every single pit we came across cause when it came to jump rolls he always failed. Also, a wizard in our group had this belt, which was +6 Strength and +6 Damage cause it was in her backstory and rolled a 99 on the item roll. She was the strongest person in our group, and the lowest level. Then the belt got taken away and she's beyond useless now. It all depends on the person playing the character really.

Lash2828
Coolest Waffle in show
ARC Support Staff

I'm just that cool.

lash2828@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 01:24:19 pm »

It's a game of luck, mostly. That Monk player sure got the short end of the lightning bolt...

That wizard will probably be the strongest in the group by level 20---

+6 damage belt? What edition would this be based on?

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 01:26:16 pm »

It was 3.0, but I think it was the DM's choosing, cause most of the group was near level 3 and she was starting at 1, and I just got around 2 cause we started later then everybody else by a couple months.

Lash2828
Coolest Waffle in show
ARC Support Staff

I'm just that cool.

lash2828@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 01:30:03 pm »

Couple months. 3 levels. Not a weekly sessioned game, I presume?

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 01:34:38 pm »

It was one day a week game, well still is we still have a couple weeks left, but some of the members were notorious for not paying any fucking attention to the game and would sit there and talk about other shit. Doesn't matter.

I got a group of my friends together for the upcoming summer for a campaign that my friend will DM cause he always wanted to try. I had a lot of interesting ideas for my character, and so do my friends so our DM might have a brain aneurysm cause my character is half wood elf, half wild elf, trained by both, and then trained by lightfoot halflings and im a rogue. Also, my friend was looking into having his human barbarian be a Weretiger, and we have a gnome druid. Also, I suggested the very first game we play, we pitch our gold together and buy two horses and a wagon and travel around in a wagon.

Also, 3.5 version. 

Lash2828
Coolest Waffle in show
ARC Support Staff

I'm just that cool.

lash2828@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 02:20:24 pm »

3.5 with Pathfinder addition is Top Gun Tier.

Wagon rolling, sounds like fun Cheesy

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 02:31:34 pm »

Yeah, we couldn't decide if we wanted 3.0 or 3.5, but we liked the revisions 3.5 brought, so we chose that. Also, as I mentioned before about the two group thing, I mentioned it to my friend who is dm'ing our summer game, so we might have some contests and stuff like that, where the group is split up to do small quests and whoever finishes first gets first pick from the group loot. We could split the group by numbers or by specialty, so Melee, Sneak and Magic. The classes in our group are:
- Rogue (me)
- Bard
- Ranger
- Barbarian
- Fighter
- Druid
- Cleric.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 03:24:06 pm »

If there was a way to play a monk character without having to be stupid fucking Lawful, you'd better believe I'd be all up in that shit like pow.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 03:25:35 pm »

Me DMing a game for my friends:

"You find a potion while searching the decrepit skeletal remains, none of you know how to identify it, you just know it's magical"

*10 minutes later*

"A gibbering mouther(a blob with hundreds of mouths) rounds the corner coming straight at you"

Friend: "I want to take the potion we just found and bust it on the monster" *Rolls and succeeds in doing so* "What does the potion do?!"

"Well, you just feed it several charges of a fire breathing potion, so everyone in the room start making reflex rolls" Tongue

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 03:26:24 pm »

thats awesome Amadeus.

Also Log, I can look for you, there might be.

Edit: There could be a loop hole in the 3.5 Players Handbook under the Alignment section for monks. It says somebody who is lawful in nature can be a monk, so you could possibly be a Lawful Evil Monk.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:29:32 pm by Jetraymongoose » Logged

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 04:46:12 pm »

That's not my problem, I usually prefer to play Chaotic or Neutral.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: