The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 23, 2014, 10:29:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 Euthanasia  (Read 3511 times)
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2010, 04:35:34 pm »

So as of late, I've noticed my XBox 360 has been acting a little...funny. Funny in that everything has a greenish tint and it can no longer show me the color blue. I like blue. It's a nice color. Seeing it every now and then during gameplay is rather pleasant. I did a little research, and learned that my dear little 360 is very, very sick. Sadly, it's terminal, as such a problem means the video card or whatever is fucked. My standard warranty is long gone, but I can still swing the three-year "Our bad, here's a free console" deal if I can RRoD or E74 the thing before either this Christmas or the next...not quite sure.

My question to you is this: What should I do? Should I see if it can be nursed back to health with a little cash, do everything possible to force the RRoD without voiding any kind of warranty, or send it in now and be like LAWL IT'S FUCKED FREE PLZ?

Also, I have a side question that I already know the answer to in my heart, but would like a little confirmation. Leaving it on for days at a time will obviously fuck the console up, will it not? I'm not the culprit here...my old roommate didn't seem to grasp the concept that his game would be perfectly fine were he to save it and turn the console off, so he'd just pause it and leave it on. Thankfully he turned the TV off, because if something would have been burned into my nice little LCD screen, I'd have been sent into a blood frenzy.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 11:11:00 pm »

That's awfully weird. I'm not really sure what to tell you about that. Is your Xbox well ventilated? I know my friend got the RRoD and fixed it himself, and sometimes it will give a green tint in the corner of his screen.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:46:29 pm »

Forget trying to fix it. You need to fuck this thing up. Get some duct tape, but make sure it's either really shitty, or really good (whichever one leaves less sticky stuff on it), then use it to tape up ALL OF YOUR VENTS. Set it on your floor and cover the power brick with a damp towel, then play the everliving fuck out of it. If you can't get it to RRoD within 48 hours (without turning it off, of course), then my name isn't Paul Walker.

At least, that's what I think.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:16:49 am »

Can't you just lie about it getting RRoD? I've heard about people doing that.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
The Infamous hobo
Civillian Police

Fucking Magnets, how do they work?

eject_the_floppy@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 03:58:42 am »

Just do what log said put on a game that is a little graphic heavy or a game that uses a lot of processer games like Oblivion or Dead Rising and just mess around for a bit.

I collect dicks from a mental ward with a blowtorch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 12:54:36 pm »

Just do what log said put on a game that is a little graphic heavy or a game that uses a lot of processer games like Oblivion

Look up the duplication trick, and see if you can get it just to the point where the game is slowed down lots and lots, then just use something to spin your character around in circles.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 02:11:10 pm »

*wonders what happens when the 360 is caught ablaze*

TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 02:12:33 pm »

Don't have Oblivion anymore D:

I'll figure something out. I feel kind of bad doing this, but there comes a time in every boy's life when his gaming system must go the way of Ol' Yeller.

*wonders what happens when the 360 is caught ablaze*

The warranty is voided and I freak the fuck out.
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 02:20:32 pm »

I dunno what kind of cash availability you have, but for highprice stuff like this, I actually just go buy a new one then return the old with the new-one's receipt and try to get my cash back, or at the very least a second new one in place of the broken one.

It's worthy to note: Check the store's return policies, and find out if they write down serial numbers or not....it usually depends if the area is prone to that kind of scamming; I've never had a problem with this scam trick, but I've heard of it not working for people before. police

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 02:59:11 pm »

but... thats just stealing.

btw, Are the wings on fire?
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28:28 pm »

Lies and slander.

When products are built with the intention of having a short End-of-Life, solely to increase profits, I consider it a justifiable replacement. Tongue

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 03:35:12 pm »

still ist stealing, cause you aquire something that the proper owner of the thing does not want you to.
i know that big companies are well, big companies, but stealing is not a good thing to do.
unless  you save someones life.
do you save lives with an xbox?
i didnt think so.
also, if piracy is forbridden here, isnt advising stealing illegal here too?

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 04:04:53 pm »

Building a product with the intentions for it to have a short life span so that it will inflate profits is a form of stealing in my opinion, and I never suggested just taking one for nothing. If you bought the product, and take care of it, and it breaks anyways because of how it was designed, I don't consider replacing it with a working one a form of stealing since you paid for it to begin with, and you're just getting to continue to use the one you paid for.  Roll Eyes

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 04:06:09 pm »

Well, there's a difference between stealing and working the system. This isn't stealing, this is getting a free repair for a broken system, which they do anyway. Also, if you use AM's method, you're pretty much just buying two consoles. You paid for one, it breaks, buy a new one and return the old one claiming it's the new one, you're pretty much just getting the other one fixed. And on top of that, Fuck microsoft, they're rich enough already. Oh no, they're losing the one dollar it takes to build another faulty console, they're going to go broke.

sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 04:40:30 pm »

Building a product with the intentions for it to have a short life span so that it will inflate profits is a form of stealing in my opinion, and I never suggested just taking one for nothing. If you bought the product, and take care of it, and it breaks anyways because of how it was designed, I don't consider replacing it with a working one a form of stealing since you paid for it to begin with, and you're just getting to continue to use the one you paid for.  Roll Eyes

now you have almost convinced me.
but i still wouldnt do it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: