The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 02, 2014, 08:31:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: But I didn't mean to...

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What sort of merchandise would you guys like to see this summer?
Tank tops (for the ladies) with all the usual designs - 1 (1.5%)
Tank tops (for the ladies) with new designs - 0 (0%)
Tank tops (for the ladies) with old AND new designs - 3 (4.5%)
T-shirts (the ordinary kind we currently sell) with new designs - 19 (28.4%)
Armbands for convention-wear! - 14 (20.9%)
Red Halo patches - 13 (19.4%)
new prints - if you pick this, what kind/design? - 0 (0%)
larger posters - if you pick this, what designs? - 7 (10.4%)
Stickers (indoor/not-so-durable types) if you pick this, what designs? - 0 (0%)
Stickers (outdoor/bumper sticker types) if you pick this, what designs? - 5 (7.5%)
Nothing for me (or, you can't think of anything) - 2 (3%)
Something not on the list! (please explain) - 3 (4.5%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Merchandise  (Read 19986 times)
saulkarath
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2011, 11:36:08 am »

What happened to the summer merc stuff?
All the shirts and things?

The past should be learned from not relied upon
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2011, 10:22:57 am »

We ran polls on different types of merchandise, and people really liked a couple of shirt designs- Not Pants, and the "I punched a zombie in the face..." shirt. Unfortunately, we were unable to get the 'punched' shirt design made in a satisfactory manner, and the Not Pants shirt didn't sell at all when we introduced it to the store. There were a grand total of three sales, so we wound up pulling it- it just wasn't economical to manufacture at that point.

None of our suppliers could provide ladies' cut shirts for anything approaching a reasonable price, unless our order volume was in the hundreds of units, and our audience just doesn't support that. It's a real shame, because I know the female members of the audience would appreciate some better-fitting shirts, but we just can't sell anything like that number.

The Zombie Zodiac prints went about the same way- lots of positive feedback, but few actual sales. So Jenny has discontinued that series for now. You've got to figure; making a print design can take Jenny up to 20 hours, so if only 5 people buy it, at $8.40, then she made $42 for 20 hours of work, which comes out to $2.05 per hour. We've still got them in the store, though- we already produced them so we'll hope that they can sell over time.

The knives didn't get enough positive feedback to make; the cost of production was so high that the price probably scared off any actual customers.

That pretty much leaves the patches. We found a great new supplier for the patches, so we've gotten in a new shipment of Infected patches that are doing well. The curse of the Red Halo patch continues, though- continued production difficulties have pushed their delivery date to the 11th of October, and then we'll need to see if they actually look good, before we put them in the store. Even the supplier that has done so well with the Infected logo is having difficulties with that one. Our hopes are high, but we'll see if they can make the date. Cancel that! Just got word that this batch arrived early, and they are BEAUTIFUL. They're up in the store now- check these babies out!

As always we're still trying to develop and produce new items that people will enjoy having and want to own. Unfortunately, that development and prototyping cycle takes time and money, so we have to balance the losses from ones that do poorly against the gains from products that do well.

Currently we're working on the development of a pdf version of the book, which will have some unique artwork that is different from the print volume. And, of course, we're still trying to get the Red Halo patches to come out. We JUST got the patches done!

As we produce and test more things, we'll keep everyone posted through announcements under the comic. Today's post was actually going to be an announcement about the Red Halo patches, but the last batch came out wrong so- as I said above- that got pushed another few weeks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:49:27 pm by Greg » Logged
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2011, 11:36:35 am »

Once I pay off my visa (from buying books for uni) I will buy a book and a sweater. I really wanted the not-pants shirt, but a sweater is still epic as shit.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2011, 11:37:40 am »

My girlfriend bought me the Not Pants shirt as a gift a while back, but something wound up going wrong and she got the money back.

At least, that's what I think.
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2011, 02:53:13 pm »

Sorry, man. Because we canceled production, the folks who bought the shirt got their money refunded. One of the three customers was lucky enough to get the prototype, but that was it. We wish we could've gone full-scale, but the interest just wasn't there.

EDIT: PATCHES HERE! REALLY FOR REALS! THEY LOOK AWESOME! WITH THE RIGHT COLORS AND EVERYTHING!

It has taken something like 6 or 7 different runs from various suppliers but we HAVE THEM!
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2011, 04:00:43 pm »

Dude, I have been waiting for that patch forEVER.  Thanks.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: