The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
May 28, 2015, 06:13:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No.  I fuck ON.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still visit gaming arcades?  (Read 309 times)
johnpierce
Zombie

View Profile Email
« on: November 17, 2014, 01:58:26 am »

During my high school years, I used to frequently visit these gaming arcades. At that time, their library of games included Fatal Fury, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Art of Fighting, Virtua Fighter, and other arcade hits which by now are playable under the MAME, or the arcade emulator. Also, these arcades have been frequently visited by school children even during the entire school week as well as out-of-school youth. Because of the influx of young visitors coming from various schools, these arcades during my time have been flourishing, as the income these facilities receive come from students. Nowadays, these arcades are not that full of people anymore, given the rise of next generation consoles which have taken a huge chunk of the income received by these arcades.

Do you still visit these gaming arcades, and how would you compare the arcades then and now?

FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:58:24 pm »

Growing up in a small village, the only times I went to arcades when I was younger was when they came with the fair. But I do remember them fondly, trying to beat House of the Dead 2 with my cousin or duking it out on fighting games (Marvel vs. Capcom mostly).

The small city where I moved in for the beginning of my post-high school studies didn't had any arcade so I was disappointed but started playing arcade games on MAME (I've had Internet quite late, even by today's standards ^^).

More recently, when I moved in a bigger city, the only "arcades" I could find had a very limited set of games and frankly, given the prices, they were out of price (like 2€ for a game). So for me it's mostly gaming on emulators ^^

Engrish as second language
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid… and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:46:23 am »

I can't remember the last time I even saw an actual arcade.  I don't really count a bar or something with one or two machines an arcade.  Sadly they seem to be primarily a thing of the past.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 02:11:48 pm »

Closest thing I have to an arcade is the arcade machines at my local bowling alley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: