The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 29, 2014, 02:57:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HOLY CRAPTARDS!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Axis & Allies  (Read 1952 times)
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« on: June 27, 2010, 07:00:58 pm »

So I got my hands on the recent Axis and Allies Pacific: 1940 and Plan to get the European Theater as well but I came up slightly disappointed with the outcome
of the Pacific Box.... Short come of units, and the ICP Card didn't go beyond what it was intended and etc.

I'll coope with it though and make the best of it by looking on ebay for additional props and equipment to improve better gaming.

But has anyone else got onto the whole World War Feista?

Like I said I plan to get the Euro map and contribute to a huge map game play with a couple of my uncles and see how far we get.
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 09:22:44 pm »

This game is a bitch and a half to set up. It's Risk for Adults.

I love it just the same. S'good game. Ours lasted a few days because we kept fighting while I kept shouting Blitzkrieg!

...we were also drinking, so that wasn't good either.

But yeah, I love Axis and Allies as much as I love playing Risk. I recently found my game in a closet when I was looking for the Legends of Mana, haha.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 08:25:09 am »

I only ever played once, and it was at a comic book shop where some uber-rich old nerd guy was basically cajoling people into playing because he carried multiple duffle bags full of what he claimed was every piece for A&A ever made. I didn't varify that though, cause honestly I just didn't care and he looked rich enough to be telling the truth; he claimed to be the owner of some leather factory and he was wearing a suit of leather and the duffle bags he was carrying were leather.

You just don't find people that eccentric outside of comic book shops. Tongue

B-Chan
Half-Life

'Cuz they rapin' errbody out here.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 10:05:34 am »

I'm not really a huge fan of Risk (anymore) now that I've played Axis and Allies. However, I did find out that they are releasing (or have released) a Risk game for XBox 360 if anyone is interested in getting it. I think the game is a bit different than the original, but haven't really looked to validate that.

Quote from: Jenny
Oh B-Chan, you're so dreamy.  He love you long time
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 05:47:04 pm »

*whines* stoooop turning my sophisticated A&A thread into a Risk thread.... D: I find it sad that I waste a good amount of cash on a game that lacked so much compare to risk which I bring over to play everytime when I go out for casual drinks Tongue
Achilles
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 06:35:36 pm »

I've never played Axis and Allies....REALLY want to though...
B-Chan
Half-Life

'Cuz they rapin' errbody out here.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 07:35:51 am »

*whines* stoooop turning my sophisticated A&A thread into a Risk thread.... D: I find it sad that I waste a good amount of cash on a game that lacked so much compare to risk which I bring over to play everytime when I go out for casual drinks Tongue

Don't get me wrong man, I loved Risk... when I was a kid and never knew about Axis and Allies. I can't stand Risk anymore. It doesn't come close to A&A in terms of strategy. Some people like the jump in and go of Risk, but man... I just can't do that anymore.

Quote from: Jenny
Oh B-Chan, you're so dreamy.  He love you long time
Fiveofclubs
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 08:17:53 am »

A&A is a great game.  Beer and preztels enough to be fun, more compelx than Risk.  Some of the risk variants are cool, Star Wars Clone wars, and Lord of the Rings.  They add much more strategic elements.  But A&A is a great classic game with or without the expansions.

Mike
Five of Clubs
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 08:30:24 pm »

Question for you folks... Bombardment of shores is kinda like submarine right?... they get to roll first and etc.?
and how does the Kamikaze technically work?... one time use?
Lambeth
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 03:21:29 pm »

This game is a bitch and a half to set up. It's Risk for Adults.

I love it just the same. S'good game. Ours lasted a few days because we kept fighting while I kept shouting Blitzkrieg!

...we were also drinking, so that wasn't good either.

But yeah, I love Axis and Allies as much as I love playing Risk. I recently found my game in a closet when I was looking for the Legends of Mana, haha.
Risk isn't for adults?

Lambeth... You win.... The glory of all that is awesome.
The your mom joke is forgiven, Lambeth. That cake is glorious
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 03:40:01 pm »

I feel Risk is more for children. Yeah, it can be played by Adults, but there really isn't much effort to go into Risk as AA.

Also, they ALWAYS put me in Australia.

Grrr.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 04:00:17 pm »

Wha?... Aussie is the Camper Continent!... Easy to defend and springboard from. and everyone I played against so far have always been a pain in the ass
and I waste futile resource to take their other territory to only have them bounce back from aussie...

and YES!... there is alot of effort in Risk.... Negotiation and Diplomacy Cheesy

Me: "Go ahead and take my Alaska... that fine... just watch out for Jeff who going to rear end you from China... Just do it."
Them: ....

Me: Do you want my card?.... I'm sure you do... but hey have fun fighting a two front war.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:02:30 pm by RiceGuard » Logged
Achilles
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 04:16:25 pm »

Risk 2054 is a lot of fun. Largely does away with Austrailia as a camper continent. I want to try Star Wars Risk (not star wars clone wars...), but haven't had a chance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: