The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 19, 2014, 11:03:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Greetings from Crazy Hobo Island!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lavender  (Read 1634 times)
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2010, 01:11:21 am »

I did some writing :D As with a lot of the stuff I write, it's inspired by a song. Damien Rice's Accidental Babies, to be exact. I entered it in a writing contest, so...fingers crossed. Let me know what you guys think.

I awoke to the smell of lavender, opening my eyes slowly as I breathed in through my nose, taking in every bit of the scent I could. I propped myself up on an elbow and looked down at the beautiful young woman sleeping beside me. Her milky complexion glowed against the dark bed sheets, her flaxen hair spread across the pillow. Her lavender perfume hung softly in the air, a sweet reminder of the previous night’s sordid happenings that had taken place in that cheap hotel room. I leaned down and gave her a peck on the cheek, smiling warmly as her eyes fluttered open.

“Oh…” She yawned and stretched, then smiled back at me. “Good morning, handsome.” The blanket had fallen from her chest as she stretched, her breasts exposed in a ray of sunlight streaming in from the window. She looked down and quickly grabbed the sheet to cover herself once more, blushing slightly. “I…I should get dressed.”

“Amanda, wait. Please, stay with me just a little longer. We have time.” I pulled her into my arms and buried my face in her hair, kissing her gently and filling my nostrils with the scent of lavender. “You smell so good…” She pushed away from me and covered herself again, folding her arms across her chest and facing the wall with her head bowed. “Amanda…what’s wrong? Did I do something?”

She sighed. “I’m sorry, Eli. It’s not you. I just…” She looked back at me and shook her head. “I can’t do this anymore. The dinners, the gifts, the hotels…I just can’t. It isn’t fair.” She got out of the bed and pulled on her jeans, then reached for her shirt. “It just isn’t fair. I’m sorry.” She finished getting dressed and started for the door.

“Isn’t fair to whom?” I called after her, slightly taken aback by how quick she was to leave me behind. “To me? To you?” I lowered my voice slightly as it occurred to me. “…To Patrick?” She stopped suddenly and looked back at me, an expression of hurt and sadness on her face. I felt something sink inside me as I realized that I was right. I scrambled out of bed and quickly slipped on my jeans, standing to face her. “It is Patrick, isn’t it? Why, Amanda? Why do you care about Patrick? Every night we’re together, you tell me how much you love me. You tell me how happy I make you. You tell me how you wished things were different…how we didn’t have to sneak around. So why the HELL do you give a damn about how Patrick would feel about this? About us?”

“I don’t know, Eli!” she cried out. “I just don’t know! I DO want to be with you, I really do, but…but I…” She paused, blinking back tears as she struggled to get the words out. “I…I love him. I love him, Eli. I don’t want to hurt him.” She looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes, now red and puffy from tears. “You have to understand…”

“Understand!?” I yelled, feelings of hurt and betrayal flooding my head. “Understand what? That none of this has meant anything? That all the time I’ve spent with you has been a waste? What about me, Amanda? What about how I feel? Has all of this been a lie?” I could feel myself starting to cry, looking her dead in the eyes as the tears began to roll down my cheeks. “Tell me, does he treat you like I do? Like you’re the single most amazing woman in the world? Does he love you like I do? Does he…does he satisfy you the way I do? If you can stand there and tell me that he does all of that and more, then by all means…but if you can’t, and I KNOW you can’t, then leave him and stay with me. You know I love you, Amanda. You know I’d give you everythi-“

“Eli, I’m pregnant.” She stood with her arms folded, unable to look me in the eye as she coldly delivered that sentence. “I’m about three weeks along. It’s Patrick’s, and I’m keeping it.” She wiped her eyes on her sleeve as she turned and left the hotel room. “Goodbye, Eli…I’m sorry.”

The door clicked as it shut behind her, leaving me alone and speechless. Silently, I walked back to the bed and sat down, looking at the rumpled bedding where that beautiful young woman had slept. I buried my face in my hands and wept, the smell of lavender still hanging in the air, a cruel reminder of the morning my heart was broken in two in that hotel room.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 03:36:35 am by TeeZee » Logged
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 02:37:49 pm »

Oh ... wow ...

That lady friend is a bitch.

I also love your writing, bb. : D

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
TeeZee
The Huggly One
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:24:12 pm »

Thank you C:

There may be a sequel based on this song.
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 04:30:41 pm »

i also think that this is nice.

btw, Are the wings on fire?
Alex
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

djurico_666@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 04:42:27 pm »