The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 02, 2014, 12:25:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you want me to drive?  'Cause I can drive y' know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romero movies...  (Read 1747 times)
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« on: October 30, 2010, 09:50:13 pm »

Why are Romero's movies always so stupid? With the exception of dawn of the dead they have been utterly ridiculous and are not at all realistic.

Things which are stupid are.
Land of the Dead:
-In the beginning of the movie a zombie grabs a guys steyr-aug and he simply lets the zombie keep it. No one would give up such a valuable commodity like that. They would kill the zombie and take their weapon back.
-why would everyone be obsessed with money? In a post apocalyptic future money is utterly worthless. Ok so they created a new society and money was useful again. why would the guy be interested in taking two briefcases full of money when he is fleeing the collapsing city? Even if he did meet other survivors they wouldnt care about the money and would probably just kill the guy because he has absolutely no worth to their party.
-The military is always portrayed as incompetent. Which is rubbish. For example a zombie gets stuck in the wire and a soldier says "I got it" Aims and then fires her entire clip to kill one zombie. It is retarded because no one would waste their ammo like that.
-The guy sent to wait for the money delivery has head phones on. Who would do that if there were zombies around? Not only that but he didnt clear out the building before sitting down.
-They built the ultimate zombie fighting vehicle which has two miniguns and a couple of machine guns. What a waste of fuel and ammunition. A simple 4WD with mesh over the windows will suffice.

Diary of the Dead:
-At the beginning of the movie the reporter is eaten even though she sees the zombies rising. When the zombie walks towards her she just stands there and is bitten. Who is that stupid?
-The internet is magically running during the entire zombie apocalypse.
-The chick tries to commit suicide because she killed "people" even though they were obviously dead. Ie the cops face was burnt to all hell.
-When they get to their friends mansion at the end of the movie they just walk in and dont check the house is secure at all.
-The guy is more interested in carrying a camera than helping kill the zombies
-The hospital is nearly empty of zombies. I can guarantee it would be packed with all the initial infected who are brought in.

Survival of dead:
-Just no...

"Stop biting me Mr Zombie"
Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:17:17 pm »

Congrats on only listing his recent movies when the majority like to talk about his first three dead movies.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:27:04 pm »

*takes deep breath*
*raises index finger*
*pauses*
*shrugs*
*sighs*
I concur.
*wanders off*

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:12:40 am »

I once saw a website that does classic movies. Night Of The Living Dead was one of them. I saw it. Brilliant movie.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:28:27 pm »

@halifax: I guess the point I am trying to make is he should have stopped a long time ago. His original movies were fresh and groundbreaking. They are still at the top of the zombie movie world. I am interested in why his movies lost their edge. Dawn of the dead (1978 version not the remake)was fantastic. But from there it just went downhill.

With all of the new Romero movies he is trying to have some deep meaning to each of the movies and is taking them very seriously. They have just ended up as rubbish. They dont work on either level, ie being fun and light hearted horror or being a serious commentary on a post apocalyptic world. After the failure of diary of the dead I dont know why he felt compelled to create another zombie movie. His ideas are stagnating.

Albeit I still watched all of his movies and I would watch more if they came out but that is just because I am obsessed with zombies.

RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 10:53:56 pm »

Ricky don't *sigh*.... You won't win this fight.... Just stop.
Ricky S
Civillian Police

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:15:38 am »

Ricky don't *sigh*.... You won't win this fight.... Just stop.

I'm not trying to win any fight. I just wanted to express my point of view.

BrainBlow
Not really a green haired teenage girl
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Dreaming of green hair

Hosikage93@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 05:29:18 am »

Why are Romero's movies always so stupid? With the exception of dawn of the dead they have been utterly ridiculous and are not at all realistic.

Things which are stupid are.
Land of the Dead:
-In the beginning of the movie a zombie grabs a guys steyr-aug and he simply lets the zombie keep it. No one would give up such a valuable commodity like that. They would kill the zombie and take their weapon back.
-why would everyone be obsessed with money? In a post apocalyptic future money is utterly worthless. Ok so they created a new society and money was useful again. why would the guy be interested in taking two briefcases full of money when he is fleeing the collapsing city? Even if he did meet other survivors they wouldnt care about the money and would probably just kill the guy because he has absolutely no worth to their party.
-The military is always portrayed as incompetent. Which is rubbish. For example a zombie gets stuck in the wire and a soldier says "I got it" Aims and then fires her entire clip to kill one zombie. It is retarded because no one would waste their ammo like that.
-The guy sent to wait for the money delivery has head phones on. Who would do that if there were zombies around? Not only that but he didnt clear out the building before sitting down.
-They built the ultimate zombie fighting vehicle which has two miniguns and a couple of machine guns. What a waste of fuel and ammunition. A simple 4WD with mesh over the windows will suffice.

Diary of the Dead:
-At the beginning of the movie the reporter is eaten even though she sees the zombies rising. When the zombie walks towards her she just stands there and is bitten. Who is that stupid?
-The internet is magically running during the entire zombie apocalypse.
-The chick tries to commit suicide because she killed "people" even though they were obviously dead. Ie the cops face was burnt to all hell.
-When they get to their friends mansion at the end of the movie they just walk in and dont check the house is secure at all.
-The guy is more interested in carrying a camera than helping kill the zombies
-The hospital is nearly empty of zombies. I can guarantee it would be packed with all the initial infected who are brought in.

Survival of dead:
-Just no...

Ive gained an all-new respect for BB this day. LET IT BE KNOWN!

[c
Dr_Evil
Wastelander

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 05:54:51 am »

Your complaint seems to be not that stupid things happen in the movies, but that people act stupidly in the films.

Most people in situations of great stress do not act rationally. I would say being suddenly attacked by zombies would qualify as a stressful situation and a lot of people will in real life panic, freeze or do stupid things in those situations.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: