The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 24, 2014, 06:41:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welp, done all ma animal burnin', don't need this shit no more so gonna sell it on E-Bay.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TZH Book One! Blah blah stuff!  (Read 12103 times)
Jenny
Queen of Derp
Official Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Ffffffffppphhbbbblblblbblttt

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:53:02 pm »

This is where I am going to be posting updates/information/random bitching about the book to keep everyone in the loop. You can also discuss book stuff here and ask questions as well! So feel free to do so!

And speaking of the loop check this out:

colour test" title="OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING

Colour proofs! Basically the printer prints out a colour proof of the book of certain pages I have selected to look over to make sure it doesn't look to dark, colours are correct, and the type isn't too small, and all that jazz. By looking at the colour proofs I am going to have to tweak a bunch of stuff... BUT that shouldn't take too long I'd hope.

Anywhoozle here is the steps it takes to make a book!

Step one!
Once Greg has the final quote in, he'll be arranging the payment plan and all the other boring details (Thank you Greg!). He'll take care of getting the ISBN, the bar code, and (for the US) their Library of Congress number, and anything else that goes into making a book.
That could take up to a couple of weeks, depending on if there are any complications in the process. If I have to do anything personally, it'll take a lot longer because I'm still in Canada. So let's hope Greg can sign for everything!

Step two! <---- this is where we are at now!

Once we've got our printing contract, that's when I get to do the fun stuff! We'll go through a colour test (probably two or three weeks for that, depending how long it takes the test pages to get shipped back to me). Basically, I'll send them a set of pages to print off, they'll print them, and send them back to me. Then I adjust the colours and we go around again. Each time the pages go back and forth, it adds some time- so let's hope we only have to do it once Wink

Step three!
Once the colour tests are good, I'll send in the files for the entire book. The printer will make a proof copy and send that to me, and I'll get to approve it (or not). If there are any problems, then we go through a change process and redo the proof. Like anything else that gets sent to me physically, it'll take another couple of weeks for this step.

Step four!
When the proofs are done, that's when we enter the production queue for the printing presses. At this point we'll actually have a REAL CALENDAR DATE for when we'll be able to expect the book, none of this 'a few more weeks' stuff. We'll wait eagerly by the doorstep for our MASSIVE SHIPMENT of books to appear on their cargo pallets. Once they get there, it's on to...

Step five!
First I break my wrists signing and sketching the HUNDREDS of pre-orders! (You guys are awesome!)
Then, Greg breaks his back packing, labelling, and shipping everything out to everyone! Finally, we'll die in a crumpled heap amidst scattered paper, cardboard and markers, while you sit back and enjoy a fresh, beautiful book!

Our current time-scale is to have the book in hand by mid-to-late October, but this deadline may change as the colour tests go on.

If you order before the shipment comes in, I'll still sign your book Smiley

Pre-Order the book here ---> http://www.thezombiehunters.com/shopbooks.php
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:05:50 pm by Greg » Logged

Cheer up! The worst is yet to come!
One Winged Angel
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 06:49:07 pm »

I know this is a necro, so apologies for that,  but I've been waffling long enough and I want a signed book. I have one major question, and it involves the hypothetical TZH Volume 2. Would TZH Volume 2 contain chapters 1-??? or will it be chapters 5-???, since chapters 1-4 were in volume 1?

I like to lurk.
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 08:14:55 am »

Book two will pick up at chapter 5. At the moment I think we're probably going to set book two to contain chapters 5 through 8. Like book one, it will have a fair amount of bonus material as well. Once we've got book one on hand and have distributed all the preorders and taken care of all of that, we'll start work on book two.
One Winged Angel
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 10:16:42 am »

Alright, thanks. I just didn't want to buy a book only to get the same chapters in a later edition. I didn't think you guys would do that, but I just had to know, ya know?

I like to lurk.
jared
Half-Life

I'm pretty much queen bitch of the universe

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 12:49:37 pm »

I can't wait for mine to get here.

Jared-[communism] only starts to break down in lager groups

Log!-Because they just get drunk and just will not put up with anyone's shit.
cpt. sqweky
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 08:45:24 pm »

Still waiting... *sniff, sniff*  Cry
Greg
Totally not a vampire
Red Halo Officer
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »

Shouldn't be too long, now!

We'll have more information about which packages are where, on Monday. If you'd like, you can send me an email with your name and I can tell you more about your specific order.
Chipz
Civillian

blarg zombies meet my boomstick

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 01:09:58 pm »

I just got my book a couple of days ago haven't had time to do so, but ahhh i love it.
My girlfriend bought it for me as a Christmas gift and I would go to the mailbox everyday,
and then the one day i didnt check it came when my girlfriend brought it in i flipped out read it once loved it and now i have read it three more times.

All being said i love it and I think it just turned out awsome
cpt. sqweky
Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 06:27:49 pm »

Finally came in today! Woot! The wait was long and hard, but totally worth it.
GojiraRed
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 09:30:38 pm »

I has a book too!   Mine actually came about three weeks ago, it just went to an old address (my fault, I didn't update it).  So it took me a while but I finally picked it up.

The sketch with the signature, is that actually a sketch or is that just printed there for all the books?

"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.
Jenny
Queen of Derp
Official Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 10:15:19 pm »

I has a book too!   Mine actually came about three weeks ago, it just went to an old address (my fault, I didn't update it).  So it took me a while but I finally picked it up.

The sketch with the signature, is that actually a sketch or is that just printed there for all the books?

Hahah it is! I use a felt tip Copic pen on it so I don't need to push hard at all and it goes on nicely!
Don't like, smudge it, or lick it, cause it will smear!

Tomato
Wastelander

I'll put that on my to-do list.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 06:36:34 pm »

I got my book a few weeks ago, not sure exactly when it arrived since it shipped to my mom's. But the quality's lovely! The pages are nice and shiny and it all looks good. 8D

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 06:52:06 pm »

2011-03-21
Greg says:

Here's an update on the status of the book orders! All our US books have been sent out as of today. If you live in the US, and you don't have your book by next Monday, please send me an email. Our international orders are going out now, as I finish the customs forms. I apologize for all the delays, but your books should arrive within the next two weeks if you ordered it sent via Priority mail.

So, how go the international orders? Just curious about roughly how long mine'll take...

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 12:43:09 pm »

So, um, yeah. Any word on the international orders? I still haven't got mine, so I'm wondering if they've only recently been sent or if I need to be concerned.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Jenny
Queen of Derp
Official Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 03:17:53 pm »

Give Greg and emaiiiiil Cheesy And include your real name so he can look you up!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: