The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 23, 2014, 04:26:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "God invented Corona and limes just to see drunk people use sharp knives."

Chat logs claim I said this Saturday night.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SGDQ - another charity event by Speed Demos Archive (August 4-6)  (Read 6672 times)
Zebia
ARC Support Staff

Mmm... Tasty.

View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 27, 2011, 01:33:54 am »

Speed Demos Archive (SDA) has another charity event coming up (entitled Summer Games Done Quick), this time the donations are going to the Organization of Autism Research.  Thought I'd give you the heads up days in advance this time so you can ask questions that hopefully I can answer.  It's another live speed-running marathon with mostly different games on the list this time around, with some prizes being raffled off to donators, races between speed-runners, co-op speed-runs like Left 4 Dead 2, and of course the inevitable bidding wars (On certain things such as game modes, such as new game+ or Julius mode in Dawn of Sorrow, or even which of two games are played, like Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2).

I ask that you at least check out the info on what's going on, and maybe drop by the stream during the event (link in the information page), it'll be going pretty much non-stop, and the runners will be all there IRL like the first two events, as opposed to how the last event was run.  (Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdIOurHSD_k from the second event)

All other information on the actual event can be found here:  http://speeddemosarchive.com/marathon/
The schedule for the event can be found here, as well as who is running which game:  http://speeddemosarchive.com/marathon/schedule/

Wrapping up

$ total: 20,843.11
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:41:11 am by Zebia » Logged

True evil has never looked this cool... or had this many monocles  Yes, I am a smug bastard...
Zebia
ARC Support Staff

Mmm... Tasty.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:50:40 am »

Stream started.  Just go to http://speeddemosarchive.com/ to view the stream when the time comes.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:10:51 pm by Zebia » Logged

True evil has never looked this cool... or had this many monocles  Yes, I am a smug bastard...
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 12:55:24 pm »

This is pretty awesome. I'd donate if I actually had money.

At least, that's what I think.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:08:33 pm »

is the total your personal amount raised?

Zebia
ARC Support Staff

Mmm... Tasty.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:55:18 pm »

is the total your personal amount raised?
The total is the amount of money donated by everyone (130 people so far).  i personally donated $20 so far.

Zebia
ARC Support Staff

Mmm... Tasty.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 05:49:14 pm »

Final game is about to start!  It's a race through Kingdom Hearts 2!

Zebia
ARC Support Staff

Mmm... Tasty.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 01:08:12 am »

The event is finally over.  Over 20,000 dollars was raised for the charity!  Now if you'll excuse me, I need some sleep.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: