The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 24, 2014, 06:09:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It's a BRICK-FLAIL!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video game moments that scared you  (Read 6489 times)
AnarchyLad
ARC Support Staff

I reserve the right to rarely be around

crimsontide14@hotmail.com anarchylad36
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 07:16:41 pm »

I think Bioshock was the closest I've got to scared recently and that was really more a general feeling of unease. Back in the day I seem to recall I was terrified by Quake of all things Roll Eyes

The hardest thing about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited Smiley
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 07:43:59 pm »

The apperance of those monster things in the first Uncharted game.
I really freaking didn't expect that.
I expected them, but in the facility I spazzed because they popped out every five seconds and I tried to run away only to cause more to spawn/notice me. I ended up closing a door with about 10 behind me....into the genny room with about 12 of them, and more coming.

Scariest ever for me? RE3 and Dino Crisis with the random jump out-of-nowhere monsters that were everywhere.
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 07:55:04 pm »

Dino Crisis was under rated.  The mechanic where some attacks caused you to drop weapons was amazing.  I spent a long time during my first playthrough because I had dropped my shotgun and been chased by dinos AWAY from it.  The second one I hardly remember and I know I never played the third.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Rampito
ARC Support Staff

It's a twisted fascination

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 12:29:51 am »

I played the third when I was younger. I was constantly scared of the giant dinos (like the T-Rex), but I was 9.

Also when I was 9: ReDeads in OoT ALWAYS SCARED ME. I refused to proceed and turn into an adult or go and get the Sun's Song because I was shit scared of ReDeads. I had nightmares about those things. After a long time, I eventually went and got the Sun's song and turned into an adult, while I played my favourite songs from a CD on top of the TV. And I did the same thing when I had to do the Shadow temple and go under the well.

Now, I think that sort of creepy thing is awesome.

Pancreases collected/stolen: 10
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 06:37:37 am »

The ReDeads made me laugh, until it came time when a younger, and less empathetic Bael handed me the controller.
At first they kept raping my face, and then i figured out B was sword. All I want to know now is what happened in between childhood and adulthood that spread a zombie virus of that stature.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Zebia
ARC Support Staff

Mmm... Tasty.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2010, 07:55:42 am »

The ReDeads made me laugh, until it came time when a younger, and less empathetic Bael handed me the controller.
At first they kept raping my face, and then i figured out B was sword. All I want to know now is what happened in between childhood and adulthood that spread a zombie virus of that stature.
ReDeads aren't zombies.  In fact, everyone in Hyrule got out before the ReDeads came.  As for the ReDeads themselves, they are just Ganon's magic in physical form.  No virus or anything.

True evil has never looked this cool... or had this many monocles  Yes, I am a smug bastard...
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 10:38:34 am »

Dino Crisis was under rated.  The mechanic where some attacks caused you to drop weapons was amazing.  I spent a long time during my first playthrough because I had dropped my shotgun and been chased by dinos AWAY from it.  The second one I hardly remember and I know I never played the third.

Hahahha. If I ever dropped my shottie I went apeshit 'til I had it back. That game and RE started my love affair with shotguns. My friend lost all of his weapons early on in one play through. He dropped his primary, got scared and ran away. He hid behind the first laser wall at the very start of the complex and shot the raptor that was there to death with his pistol. Deactivated the grid and went to get his gun. The scene where a raptor jumps through the window and pounces on you played out, he got up went to shoot it and lost his pistol. Hid behind laser grid and couldn't figure out what to do. He accidentally saved that game over his older one! Hahahaha. Only lost an hour or two of play time total I think.

I do wish I could take some of the mechanics from that game and add in the weapons upgrades from Parasite Eve and make a new horror game. I'm not sure what else I'd use control wise though.
B-Chan
Half-Life

'Cuz they rapin' errbody out here.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 10:40:59 am »

Aww dude, I miss Parasite Eve. It's been a long, long time.

Quote from: Jenny
Oh B-Chan, you're so dreamy.  He love you long time
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 11:15:53 am »

Parasite Eve was always on my list of games I really want to play but I still have never played it.  And I still want to...

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 11:51:55 am »

All of Dead Space.

All of it.

At least, that's what I think.
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010, 10:58:44 pm »

Honestly, in most horror games, I get pumped through them. I expect horror, so I'm okay with it.
In a game like Minecraft, however, where it's innocent on the outside...
First round I played: I spent some time trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing. Night comes. In the pitch black, I notice a hopping green thing. 'What the fuck is that? Is that a cow- OH GOD WHY DID IT EXPLODE!'

RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 07:57:58 pm »

@ B-Chan and LastOutlaw: I'm gonna try Third Birthday when it comes out. I hope it doesn't suck.

Library Level of Halo 1. my assault rifle and shottie not being able to take everything down easy scared the shit out of me.
JDawgSA93
Wastelander

Dawgs before hawgs

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 01:42:20 am »

Nuzlocke rules on pokemon platinum. Near party sweep on the champion. Only my Golduck survived.

Arceus (pokemon God) rest they're souls ;_;

Quote from: JDawgSA3
Dat ass He love you long time
Quote from: BrainBlow
True dat, dawg!

If you like Pokemon and in-game challenges, then read this comic (dat advertising)
http://www.nuzlocke.com/
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 02:14:37 am »

Library Level of Halo 1. my assault rifle and shottie not being able to take everything down easy scared the shit out of me.
First time through the level 343 Guilty Spark. Holy shit. xD

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
OMGzombies
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2010, 12:31:27 pm »

All of Dead Space.

All of it.

This

A 100 times over this.

I'm gonna post a list or the video of the top 10 scariest moments in video games, butit was created a year or two before deadspace came out. I still consider it highly accurate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: