The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
April 23, 2014, 03:29:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We go there and half the time... WE DON'T COME BACK!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video game moments that scared you  (Read 6447 times)
Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2010, 03:41:23 am »

Silent Hill demo on PS1 (Came with MGS)

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
LordSappington
ARC Support Staff

Fookin' prawns

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2010, 08:06:17 am »

Sssssssssssssss

OMGzombies
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2010, 04:16:16 pm »

GT TOP TEN SCARIEST GAMES OF ALL TIME (Pre Bioshock, and Dead Space)
You can watch the video (which is very informative and awesome) here : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gt+countdown+top+10+scariest+games&aq=0

10:Clocktower
9:System Shock 2
8:Eternal Darkness
7:Darkseed
6:Doom 3
5:The Suffering
4:Alien vs Predator
3:Resident Evil
2:Fatal Frame 2
1:Silent Hill
Soulabyse
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2010, 05:12:34 pm »

Slight spoiler alert!!!
I think Dead Space is my top one recently. Worst part for me was probably ch5 the one with the hunter (regenerator).Mainly because I never needed to buy ammo until then so I was on my last clip through most of the level just scaveging what the other enemies droped only to have to use it up to drop him again. Then later when every once in a while you hear one of his unique sound effects to show that he is hunting you through the levels.  It was unsettling.

I now pronounce you JUST ABOUT fit to SURVIVE for LONG enough to get CONFUSED.
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2010, 05:16:16 pm »

GT TOP TEN SCARIEST GAMES OF ALL TIME (Pre Bioshock, and Dead Space)
You can watch the video (which is very informative and awesome) here : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gt+countdown+top+10+scariest+games&aq=0

10:Clocktower
9:System Shock 2
8:Eternal Darkness
7:Darkseed
6:Doom 3
5:The Suffering
4:Alien vs Predator
3:Resident Evil
2:Fatal Frame 2
1:Silent Hill
Decent List, I know there's a game in the game in the back of my mind worthy enough to unseat Clocktower but I can't come up with it at the moment...  System Shock 2 needs to be higher than Doom3 since Doom3 ripped up of most of it's tricks from SS2.

Ah, I got it.  Thief belongs in there, the zombies segments were always atmospheric as hell and usually kept me on my toes.  Any of the three Thief games.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
DeltaOne
Zombie

Stinger243
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 11:10:51 pm »

Resident Evil 3 - When the Nemesis introduces himself through the window of the Raccoon Police station. Our PlayStation at the time was hooked up to an early Sony home surround sound system, so the combination of the window exploding, his footsteps and his growls coming through at full volume led me to almost completely crapping my pants. His repeated appearences throughout the rest of the game didn't help.

In RE4, something about the Regenerators when they first appeared had me seriously creeped out. It might have been something to do with their twitching and laughing as they followed you. Although they weren't remotely as creepy when I discovered that they can't withstand the Chicago Typewriter.

I am a Sinner/Heaven's closed for what I've done

Fatman
SRS Giraffe
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Passive agressive part-time douchebag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2010, 05:40:50 am »

RE4: The first Verdugo. The most frightening moment in the game if you dont know what to do.

"Hahaa i just close this door and i'll be okay"
*Verdugo kick the door in*
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
*Futile Killer7 gun shots*
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:09:03 am by Fatman » Logged

Quote from: --Cricco--
Has a smile that is linked to Armageddon.
Quote from: Hailfax
In short, I hate you Fatman and I am going to kill you and replace you with me so I can live in a dorm as cheap as that.
Quote from: sok
HOW MUCH DID YOU DRINK?
RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2010, 08:28:38 am »

@Yut: Yeah. 343 Guilty Spark was scary the first go around. I had the same experience with my shottie and assualt rifle. So terrifying.

@DeltaOne: Same for Nemesis and Regens. Typewriter wasn't unlockable until the 2nd play through in RE4 though. They're scary as shit when you don't have that baby.

@Fatman: Hahahaha, I RPG'd that thing TWICE and all it did was wave it's finger like "No. Nope. Can't hurt me." I shat myself, reset my PS3 and then retried this time freezing it THEN RPGing it. Pure terror all game long waiting to have to fight the other one.
RiceGuard
ARC Support Staff

Obnoxiously Righteous Savior - RiceGuard

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2010, 09:07:06 am »

Ah yes RE3, man ol man what was first fear turned to anger, and then me wanting to find it and fight it to the death.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2010, 12:48:56 pm »

Myst.

I have no idea why.

Maybe the blend of the creepy music and no one else but occasionally the odd noise like something else is there...

RD_Blade
Half-Life

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 10:13:59 am »

@RiceGuard: I have it on my PS3. Replaying on easy. I've killed him every time I've met him, the last two times I've seen him he stands by the door I NEED to get to with a rocket launcher and just keeps firing. What an asshole.

@Cricco: Yeah man. No enemies, just puzzles. I was so pissed when I "beat" it and never fought or killed anything.
OMGzombies
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2010, 10:00:29 pm »

RE4: The first Verdugo. The most frightening moment in the game if you dont know what to do.

"Hahaa i just close this door and i'll be okay"
*Verdugo kick the door in*
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
*Futile Killer7 gun shots*

I remember that so well... I was watching my friend play that scene and because he was so HORRIBLE at video games it made it 10 times worse. he literally had 5 seconds left and was bolting to the elevator and got caught behind the freaking table because hes TERRIBLE at video games.

Of course when I played the scene, I didn't get hit by Verdugo once. I have fast reflexes.
Red Ivan
Outbreak Survivor

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2010, 11:24:50 am »

Hmm... Rayman 2? When you're in that swamp with Sssam and this great freakin fish is following you under the water. You come out in the next area and he would spring out of the water with this stupid retarded grin and I freaked out. Also the first level of Beyond Good & Evil when those Domz monsters possess the orphans.
Then theres Gears Of War 1 in the Greenhouse with the second bezerker encounter. I was walking up to the door frame and the bezerker just walked straight out the door into me and I crapped myself.
"Oh shit" - Dom
*Berzerker tears Marcus a new one*

Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2010, 12:28:52 pm »

I have tried to scare myself my entire life. I have failed miserably every time. But the closest thing I EVER got to scary was the HL2 Mod Nightmare House 2. So many amazing things in it that it was worth the 2 years of hell it took to make it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2010, 06:38:51 pm »

In RE4, something about the Regenerators when they first appeared had me seriously creeped out. It might have been something to do with their twitching and laughing as they followed you. Although they weren't remotely as creepy when I discovered that they can't withstand the Chicago Typewriter.
Definitely this for me as well! Especially the spiky ones.
(click to show/hide)

Oh, and same game- the village on professional mode with the chainsaw guy. I think I gave up after being decapitated around a dozen times. XP
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: