The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 31, 2014, 04:41:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oh, Gutted Hobo...you tried to steal supplies, and ended up stealing our hearts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPACE...  (Read 4449 times)
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« on: January 06, 2011, 07:27:12 pm »

(continued from OOC threads introduction)

Pressing the comms button the Admiral made his announcement. "Crew... We've found her."
The words echoed around the the entirety of the ship.

"Sir," chimmed in the ships A.I. "We're picking up several hundred biosignatures and several different DNA configurations from initial scans." "Hostile?" "When isn't it hostile sir?"

Musing over the A.I's words Cricco chuckled slightly to himself.

Speaking back into the Comms Cricco said "I want all senior personel in the officers mess within the hour."
Splicing a private Comms to the cook he said "Andreas, would you be able to cater the officers mess. Nothing too fancy."

The Friendly Neighborhood Mad Scientist, J.C.
TZH Certified sig/banner maker of DOOM!
ARC Support Staff

I will Gene Splice you in Self-Defense.

josh@coldfusioninacan.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:32:26 pm »

J.C. flinched slightly when the comm interrupted the steady tone of the metronome he had on the far table in his portion of the lab. He set his tools down on the table and looked towards the speakers in the room as the announcement started.

"Crew... We've found her."

J.C. could almost hear the smile on Cricco's face over the comm. He felt one creeping onto his too.

"I want all senior personel in the officers mess within the hour." The comm then went quiet. J.C. stood up out of his chair and stretched. His muscles creaked and protested at first, but felt infinitely better once they got the kinks out. The tiny bit of effort stirred his stomach up and it promptly reminded him that he hadn't eaten anything in hours.

"Welp, guess the find came at as good a time as any. Food time." J.C. shuffled over to a mini-fridge under a nearby work table. He pulled out a can of Heart Attack and shut the fridge door with his foot. He popped the tab and took a swig. He cringed at the taste, bitter. It was always so bitter, but the super dose of caffeine quieted his stomach for the moment. "James, you in here?" J.C. looked around the lab. It was hardy a huge space, but there was enough equipment about that he couldn't see one end of the room from the other, and J.C. had sometimes gotten so engrossed in what he was doing that he didn't notice James enter on other occasions. "I'm heading to the mess early to steal a snack before the meeting." J.C. waited a moment for a response.

(no worries if you didn't intend on being in the lab to start out with Grom. If you want to start somewhere else, J.C. will just assume you're not in the room.) 

65 Badges Issued!
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:28:49 pm »

Andreas was in his quarters, dozing on his bunk when the comm announcement woke him.

"Oh hey, cool beans." Andreas smiled. He was glad the Admiral had found his old ship, he knew it meant a lot to the guy. He rolled over and resumed his doze, dreaming of his old life on the farm.
Then he was awakened by a second comm.
"Andreas, would you be able to cater the officers mess. Nothing too fancy."

"Mruh? Ah! You got it boss, be there in a mo."

He rolled out of his bunk, quickly pulled his clothes on and hurried to the galley. Fortunately his was the closest cabin, it only made sense after all. Soon, he was whipping up a delicious, nutritious meal.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:22:11 pm »

James was sitting in the lab, he had fallen into slumber from exhaustion. He had been looking to find a cure for his "Condition" since day one. He was hoping that the advanced technology of this time would help him, unfortunately for him It didn't.

James' eyes flashed open. He immediately knew what the captain was talking about. That was the intended purpose of the Javelin mk III he was on, he remembered the captain briefing him about this place. It took a lot of explaining to convince the rest of the crew about himself not being part of a hostile alien race, typical human race, intelligent but not understanding.

He quickly got to his feet and slipped on a misplaced jar. His head connected with the floor, painfully.

"Dammit, is J.C. ever going to get this place cleaned up?"

Suddenly J.C’s voice echoed around the lab, “I'm heading to the mess early to steal a snack before the meeting.”

“Ok sir.” James replied.

He heard footsteps leaving the room. He collected himself off of the floor and glanced at his surroundings. “Typical” he muttered to himself, It looked like J.C. has rearranged the room so that he had sealed James inside a small area of his own workspace. Looks like I’m taking the long way out, he thought to himself. He jumped onto the ceiling and used his wings and claws to support him as he balanced unsteadily over the racks of equipment. He crawled along the ceiling until he got to the top of the door. He proceeded to drop down in front of the opening.

James started to make the trek towards the mess hall.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
ravyn42
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:18:40 am »

((OOC - I am boarding the ship via teleportation so as to 'accidentally' bring another character with me. I have not posted the bio for the second character yet, but it will be posted shortly. She will be unconscious at the end of the post and will remain that way for a while to give everyone a chance to interact with Andrea first. Also, sorry for the long post. I haven’t RPed in a while and I felt the need to stretch my skills. Also, I have to introduce two characters.))

The wind blew in her face, fanning her hair around her like a halo. Flash! Flash! Flash! Pout Flash! Flash! Flash! She turned away, then quickly looked back, a demure smile traced across her lips. Flash! Flash! Flash! The fan went off and she lounge back on the antique sofa. Flash! Flash! Flash!

"Perfect! You are on fire today!" she heard from beyond the intense light. she sighed and traced her fingers along her thigh, the soft, supple skin, absolutely flawless; then across the lace garments she wore. Another string of flashing lights followed. Finally, she could see the photographer take a step closer and adjust his lens for a close-up of her face. She looked at him. Longing and desire. Flash! Flash! Flash! Flash! Flash! Flash!

The lights dim and she sat up. A young lady with a silk robe approached and slid it around Andrea's shoulders and then handed her a chilled bottle of water. The photographer handed over his camera to an assistant. Andy got up from the couch and went to her laptop in the dressing area. The screen showed a little mail enveloped. She clicked on the message.

"So, Andrea, think we can book you for that centerfold shoot I was asking you about earlier?" the photographer asked.

"Sorry, Pete, I think you'll have to find someone else. I'll be out of town for a while."

She lingered on the message for just a moment.

"We've found her. JC has already joined us. Coordinates to follow."

She snapped the laptop closed and rushed off to get changed.

Ravyn rushed to the door to answer the knock. Opening the door, she came face-to-face with Andrea who was carrying a shoulder bag and a suitcase.

"Andy? What's wrong?"

Andy entered Ravyn's loft and handed her a key.

"I'm going to be out of town for a while. think you could see to it that my plants are watered and my cat is fed? The last time I was away for a while, I asked my landlord and things were not handled as well as I had hoped."

"sure, that's not a problem" Ravyn answered as she took the key and closed the door, placing the key on a key hook next to the door. "Where are you going and how long will you be gone?"

"Outer space"

"Outer space? Really?"

"Yeah, really. and I am not sure for how long either."

"Well, if this will be an extended stay, then I'll go get your cat and bring her back here. Maybe the plants too. I have a small lean-to greenhouse on the balcony. I should have enough room for them."

"Ok, that sounds perfect! Can I use your office to initiate exit transit?"

"Too lazy to go back to your apartment to teleport out?"

"Yeah, a little..."

"Sure, knock yourself out!" Ravyn responded as she gave Andy a hug. "I'll miss you. Make sure you call a lot so I'll know not to worry about you."

"It's a promise!" Andy said as she gave Ravyn a timid squeeze. Ravyn was such a dear friend and would miss her greatly.

"Ok, now you run along. Don't worry about the mess your teleport makes. I need to clean up the office anyway." Ravyn said when she saw that Andy was hesitating. Andy nodded and rushed off through the loft to the back area where the office was. She could not see the cleaning that Ravyn needed to do. The room was spottless. All the books were neat on the shelf, all papers in order. Ravyn's roommate's desk was a little untidy, but hardly a mess.

Andy put her bag and suitcase down and moved the chairs and a printer cabinet out of the way. There was now more than sufficient room to teleport. She stood with her belongings and initiated the teleport sequence. Deep within her body, a device came to life with a slight 'whir'. She could feel the energy forming around her as the connection was made to the coordinates provided in the follow-up email she received. she noticed papers on the roommate's desk fluttering and then move. Then she saw an old book on the desk move. A very old book. Ravyn's spellbook.

"Ravyn!" Ravyn rushed to the office in response to Andy's call. "Ravyn, your book! It's on Josh's desk. I didn't see it before and it's moving. I don't want it to fall and become damaged."

"Why is my spellbook on his desk?!" she picked it up and started for the bookshelf then stopped, her feet starting to slide across the floor. She had passed too close to the vortex of energy and was now being pulled in.

"Andy! what's happening?!" she said fearfully.

"I don't know, there should have been ample room for you to pass by me! I'm making corrections now." she said as made internal calculations to free Ravyn from the vortex, but Ravyn was just drawn closer.

"Andy, stop! whatever you're doing, I don't think it is helping!" Ravyn cried out through the now deafening energy torrent.

As an act of desperation, Andy reached out and pulled Ravyn into center of the vortex, making corrections to the mass of the teleport channel to allow Ravyn to teleport with her. She held Ravyn tightly to protect her.

"Forgive me, but this will hurt..."

The teleportation device clicked and the vortex just stopped. An instant later, they were gone.

The static built up to discomforting levels in the cargo bay. The crew members searched fervently for the source of the static to no avail. When one crew member approached the strange equip and weapons in one corner of the bay, he started to hear the echo. An echo of a scream? Who was screaming and what the hell was that sound?

Suddenly, there they were! Two women, one holding the other, appeared amidst the equipment. The woman with auburn hair being held was crying. The blond woman holding her laid her on the cold cargo bay floor. The crew member ran to the comm panel to call for security.

“Ravyn?! Ravyn, oh god, I am so sorry. My teleporter wasn’t designed for biological life-forms, but I couldn’t risk ejecting you, it could have killed you. I am so sorry.”

The crying woman, clutching an ancient leather-bound book, shuddered in pain.

“Not… your fault….” she whispered, then passed out.

A detail of soldiers arrived and surrounded Ravyn and Andrea. One soldier from Javelin MK II recognized Andrea.

“Andrea? What happened?” the solder said as he motioned for the other soldiers to stand down.

“Ronnie, call for a medic! My friend got caught in my teleporter and she is in shock!”

The soldier, Ronnie (npc), nodded to another soldier who rushed off to get a medic. He then knelt by Andrea and Ravyn.

“Don’t worry, Andrea, we’ll take care of her…”
Raryn
Raryn? I'm not Raryn...
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I can wait

Raryn@hotmail.com ertsdjhgfgh4
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 05:54:33 pm »

"Crew... We've found her." the admiral's voice sounded out over the intercoms. "I want all senior personel in the officers mess within the hour."

A small creature lifted its head at the sound as it was out roaming the halls of the big ship. He turned around and began to head back the way he had come, eventually coming to one of the many staff quarters. The door opened silently as he went into the room. There was someone sleeping, somehow, the had managed to sleep through the announcement.

"Hey Grimm," the small creature said, climbing up onto the bed. "The Admiral's calling for us."

The sleeping person, Grimm's response was to pull the covers of his bed over his head and turn away from the creature.

"Ok Grimm, you brought this on yourself," the creature said as he stabbed down onto Grimm's left leg with his claws.

Grimm let out a cry and jumped out of the bed. After, binding the new wound on his leg. He glared at the figure on his bed. "Harloc, you stupid little badger, what was that for," Grimm said as he grabbed Harloc by his hind legs and pulled him into the air in front of him. "You could have just, I don't know, shaken me awake or something."

"Well, it was the fastest way," Harloc said, letting a grin show all of his sharp teeth. "Now if you don't let me down, you'll end up with something much worse then a few small puncture wounds."

"Fine you little devil," Grimm said, dropping Harloc onto the bed. "Now what do you want?"

"Admiral called all senior personel to the mess hall. We've found the original Javelin."

Grimm realized the weight of what Harloc had said. He had heard the tales of the original Javelin and what the Admiral had done with her. He wouldn't have believed half of the tales had it not been for the badger sitting on his bed. Harloc had been on that ship strangely enough and he remembered what had gone on. Grimm got himself dressed and grabbed the pair of dark glasses from the table by the door. "Come on Harloc, let's get going."
SharpArcher01
Half-Life

RP Mercenary

the1danarcher
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 12:51:31 am »

"Crew...we've found her."

Vikr opened one eye, roused from his light nap. "Well well well." he rose from his bunk and started getting dressed. "It looks like it's finally time to start making some damn money around here." The Ship's Admiral then called the Senior personnel to the Officer's mess hall. Vikr couldn't help but groan. As a hired hand, a mercernary, did he hold any real 'rank' on the ship? He knew that there were crewmembers that had served on the previous Javelin, whatever hulk THAT was. If it was blasted out to hell and back, it couldn't have been too special. But, a paying job was a paying job, no matter the whims of the captain and crew.

Vikr suited up for his detail, putting on his holster and dropping his baton at his waist. Early on in his contract he realized that the ship needed little in security from the crew, which only made him more anxious about what outside factors the Admiral was expecting.

With time to spare, Vikr decided to perform his patrol before the scheduled meeting, whether or not he would attend, he hadn't decided.

Keeper of the ಠ_ಠ
NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:00:18 am »

Ghost was sitting on a box in his room strumming his guitar aimlessly when the announcement came over the intercom system.

"Crew...we've found her," the Admiral's voice boomed through the speaker. "I want all senior personnel in the officers mess within the hour," the announcement finished.

Ghost immediately stopped playing and jumped down off of his box. He tossed his guitar onto his cot and headed for the officer's mess hall to see if Andreas needed any help preparing food for the meeting.

Gromitooth
ARC Support Staff

If You Want To Get Out Alive. Run For Your Life.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:12 am »

James quickly ran towards the mess hall, he would have to get there quickly to avoid the meeting, he really didn't care if he was a senior officer or not, he had barely been on the crew, so he couldn't risk getting in trouble, they would probably just shove him in an escape pod and eject him towards the nearest planet. Most of the crew really didn't trust him anyway.

James quickly scanned the Mess hall, there was nobody in there, Good.. He thought to himself. He ran towards the serving area and jumped inside, he ran towards where they kept the meat, He grabbed two rare stakes and ran out of the mess hall, he heard footsteps to his left, and he quickly jumped up onto the wall and shoved the stakes into his cloak. James shifted his skin colour so it matched the colour of the wall, he then slowly scuttled across the wall and into the corridor on his right. That was close. He quickly ran back to his quarters as silently as he could.

He sat down beside his desk and started eating one of the stakes. The blood ran down his lips as he tore into it. If people saw me now they would think I was out to kill them and eat them. Typical, thats basically the last thing I need. People uttering my name followed by the title monster. He shoved the second stake into his mini-fridge, James then jumped onto the ceiling and hung there, from which he fell into slumber.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | [url
ravyn42
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 07:00:06 pm »

the medics arrived quickly and loaded Ravyn onto a stretcher. Andrea left her bags behind and followed Ravyn and the medics out of the cargo bay and into the hallway, headed to the infirmary. The soldiers returned to their duties.

Andrea noticed people bustling about, more so than she remembered the traffic on the Javelins MK I and II. she was not familiar with the layout of the new ship, but if it was even remotely similar to either the Mk I or Mk II, then she surmised that the majority of the traffic was headed to the mess hall. That made sense. having just found the MK I, the captain would most likely want a staff meeting or debriefing, which would likely occur in the mess hall to accommodate the large number of crew.

They finally reached the Infirmary. Ravyn was placed in a bed and the medics rushed around her to record her vitals. Ravyn, still holding a death grip on her book, never woke. But in a strange awareness of the people around her, she began muttering. Most of it was unintelligible, but Andrea could clearly hear "Phoenix" at one point. Andrea pulled a medic off to the side of the room.

"Disregard anything she says about Phoenix." she said quietly.

"What?"

"If she asks for Phoenix or sounds like she is talking to someone named Phoenix, disregard everything. It may sound like she is delusional, but trust me when I say she is not."

"But if she is delusional then she should be treated as such."

"Trust me!" she responded with a tight grip on the medic's arm, "She is not delusional. Phoenix is real. Not many are able to walk in her world. She is the only one who can see her."

The medic was confused, but could see the sincerity in Andrea's eyes. He nodded.

"If you are lucky enough to catch a rare glimpse of Phoenix, do not be afraid. She will not hurt you." Andrea looked back at Ravyn for a moment, then at the medic. "Take care of her."

"Done." the medic answered reassuringly. "Go. She's in good hands here."

Andrea nodded and let go of the medic's arm, allowing him to return to his duty. Andrea left the Infirmary, asked a random crew member passing by for directions, and headed for the Bridge. It was time to report in...
KingOfDerpness
Toughest Guy On the Internet
Wastelander

King Of Banned Camp

whedbeejames
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 06:01:39 pm »

(I would like to join this but where should I put my OC's Info at?)
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 06:03:07 pm »

(I would like to join this but where should I put my OC's Info at?)
((The OOC thread))

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 06:40:16 pm »

(GM allowed double post, Because i can! Yes, I am a smug bastard...)
(Bump for'ard)

"Thank you all for attending. I notice several Officers aren't yet Present, They will have to be filled in when they arrive." purred the Admiral, "As you will all be aware we have found the wreckage of The Javelin MkI. This wreck of what was once the pride of the company has now drifted through the System Solar and surrounding and has ended up here. Chaztonian VI. As you know we have been searching for this to put the delicate information held upon its databases to help bring the Corp down. Even though it is a dead vessel we have registerd multiple life signatures. As such I will be sending Recon Team Charlie," here he nodded at Lt Nico, "to check it out. You and your men will be going in in Medium protection and Armament Enviro Suits. You will be required to send us frequent updates. Anyone have sugestions or queries?"

ravyn42
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 09:10:31 am »

Andrea made it to the bridge with little incident. She had admired the construction of the new ship along the way and got mildly distracted at one point, but she managed to keep focus. The bridge was beautiful. The layout of the consoles and control functions were laid out like an orchestra and there was an almost musical perfection to the order therein.  A bridge AI construct approached her.

“I’m sorry, but this is a restricted area.”

Andrea barely took notice of the bridge AI as she continued into the room, gazing at the view screens of the Javelin.

“I am crew…. Well, there she is….” she responded with awe. “It has been a long time my old friend…”

“You were on the MK I?”

Andrea snapped out of her trance and looked at the bridge AI.

“Huh? oh, yes, I was.” she hesitated when she saw the expectant look on his face. “I’m sorry, you need my information. I haven’t reported in yet, I’m sorry.” She quickly verified her command codes and status on the ship. Once satisfied, the AI turned to leave. “Wait, where is the Captain?”

“He is briefing the crew in the mess hall.” he responded, pointing to the door that led to the mess hall, then returned to his station to work.

Andrea approached the mess hall then hesitated. She didn’t want to interrupt anything already in progress, so she turned and sat in the Captain’s chair. She activated his console to leave a note for the Admiral, then hesitated again. She suddenly did not know what to say. She had left the Mk II so abruptly…. What could she say?

After considering the words and tone carefully, she quickly entered her message for Cricco:
Combat Android Andrea Carter reporting in. Teleportation successful with mild complication (an accidental passenger), full report to follow. Passenger is currently in the Infirmary. This combat unit will report to cargo bay to ensure the prepared status of weaponry.

She logged the message and slipped out of the Captain’s chair and disappeared from the bridge.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 06:00:36 pm »

A few minutes after the briefing began, Andreas entered the mess, carrying a large tray. He placed it on the table and scurried away, returning with a selection of beverages, which were placed next to it. He then removed the tray's lid, allowing the delicious aroma of freshly cooked food to waft around the hall. Heaped upon the tray was probably enough food to satisfy the admiral and senior crew. He wasn't entirely sure how many people would be present at the meeting, so he'd been forced to make an educated guess based on previous briefings carried out here. The food, while simple and hastily prepared, was artfully laid out and, when tasted, would prove most yummy.

His job done, Andreas retreated to the edge of the room, where he awaited further instruction.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: