The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
August 29, 2014, 08:13:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Do you want me to drive?  'Cause I can drive y' know.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pen and Paper revival  (Read 21853 times)
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2011, 11:59:46 pm »

It got so serious one time that when we entered town after me and another towed some anvils there (The others were dying of some disease and they had to ride on the anvils, lazy saps), I went looking for some bitches and booze and got two others to join me, with the responsible one going to our captain and boss.

Otherwise, very serious. Probably. You should definitely bring your own dice and if you get a good group, it's some wicked fun.

Ninja'd: 863
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2011, 06:27:04 pm »

Yeah, the group is important. It has it's own dynamic, depending on whose all in it and what they're like, but if you can get a good/great dynamic, shit's great.

Got probably my last D&D game this summer tonight. Wedding and relatives are going to be taking up my time so I probably won't be able to play with my group again. I don't know if I'm going to continue playing D&D in University, but I think I'll take the books with me regardless.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2011, 07:02:40 pm »

By pure coincidence, D&D came up in idle conversation when I was talking to my frennz last night. (Yes. Frennz. It is spelled so wrong that people cant get mad at me. its like "Oh dont get mad at him hes obviously retarded. look at his waterwings."and no spellcheck wont help because FUCK SPELLCHECK.) We figured out that my freind "President Limes" really wanted to get some D&D Action as did some of my other frennz. All we need is a DM and were good. "But that means wed have to... socialize out of our circle."
"Oh yeah.... eeeeeeeeewwww..."

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 14, 2011, 07:20:09 pm »

You can always learn. DMing isn't that hard to learn if you really try. You just have to read the core books a lot, and have a fair grasp of the game and it's material. If you're just starting, then you're obviously sticking to at least the 3 core books: DM's Guide, Players Guide and Monster Manual, and you really only need to know the first two.

There are tonnes of articles online about DMing if you or one of your friends is interested in it.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2011, 02:50:27 pm »

I wanna get into PnP, but it just looks really focus-based and serious business.

It's as serious as you make it. My character in one Shadowrun game was hungry, so he went duck hunting in the local park. With a spear. And tried to steal an old lady's dog so he could have that for dinner too. Oh, and the shaman said that ducks are immune to magic which was why he couldn't help. So you've got a massive troll flailing around with a pointy stick in a duckpond, and everyone else watching and laughing. That was a very silly night.

Or, in the same campaign, the troll decker who doesn't know how to use a computer. So he pays informants for the info he needs, and pretends he needs the money to pay them for new programmes. When that fails, he does decking by beating people's faces in with his computer.

Yes, that was a very silly game.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2011, 04:46:51 pm »

Could we go on raptor president hunting quests in DnD?

Also everything is pretty much all set, just we need a proper DM. this game isnt just something "you can just get into" you NEED veterans.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2011, 05:27:54 pm »

No you don't, you need people who can read.

At least, that's what I think.
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2011, 05:29:01 pm »

I haven't had a chance to play a PnP game in three weeks. A sad Amadeus am I. Outlaw with an upgrade

Could we go on raptor president hunting quests in DnD?
Also, yes, yes you may.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2011, 05:30:36 pm »

Its just... its a butt ton of reading, and none of my friends like to read very much.

Im sure well work something out...

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2011, 05:37:47 pm »

It's certainly easier to have a veteran to guide a new group though, especially a new DM. If you end up DMing, just try to keep in mind that your players are probably only thinking of things from their own characters points of view, and probably won't notice any minor inconsistencies that you might have when you're trying to control everything.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2011, 05:41:17 pm »

If Im DMing Ill want the story to make as little sense as possible and to have zero continuity. People would just take everything in the moment and hold on to what they must.

"I throw my sword at it"
*I roll dice*
"your sword is now a fish. You throw it, and it transforms while in mid-flight. the hobgoblin catches it and eats it. the fish was rotten. The Hobgoblin dies."

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2011, 05:47:35 pm »

Super random is still entertaining, I might just suggest to be selective with what you make super random, if you cock-block your players too much they'll feel like they really aren't contributing and get bored.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2011, 12:22:23 pm »

In all honesty, I think random is so fucking awful. I've played with DMs who thought they were being really funny with their game and everyone just kept going "Ugh."

Actually, I'm like that with everything that people do so they can be "Lolsorandom". That shit is fucking annoying.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:24:51 pm by Log! » Logged

At least, that's what I think.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2011, 12:23:43 am »

you have to realize something. Im not doing what i want, im catering to an audience. My Group wants to go assassinate the raptor president.

Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2011, 05:54:19 pm »

Let them do that then.

Then, the next game, "You wake up, your heads splitting. Ugh, you feel like shit. And... you're chained to a wall. In a cell. Fuck, those were some powerful hallucinogens you guys ate. Now you've sobered up, the city watch wants you to face trial."

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: