The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
November 23, 2014, 08:44:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pen and Paper revival  (Read 24804 times)
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2011, 06:17:16 pm »

Excellent.

But there NEEDS to be a raptor president. Our group must liberate the country of raptor tyranasaury.

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Cheez
Voted most likely to hug.
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Rawra?

lcharters2@hotmail.com nihtgenga1990
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2011, 07:04:12 pm »

Eh, that just seems like a McNinja ripoff to me.

Quote from: mudmonkey
Cheez is fuckin hawt with teh boobehs.
Quote from: Sammich!
Cheez is also a raptor...pirate. A raptor pirate. Playing chess.
WARNING- If you send me a PM with no subject, I WILL NOT REPLY.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2011, 07:31:35 pm »

that may very well be...

I dont even read Dr. McNinja

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2011, 06:29:41 pm »

In Pathfinder, we step into a shop and the clerk isn't there. I immediately steal something while the Bard rings the bell and I roll a natural 20 (Always say natural 20 on skill checks when it happens) and steal the unknown potion. The Bard drinks it and it's red dye. And I intimidate the clerk to give us a better deal on a trade of a bottle of water.

Chaotic/Neutral characters are the best, and it's making me want to restart Commissioned

Ninja'd: 863
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2011, 01:43:41 pm »

Warmachine!

SO MUCH BETTER THAN WARHAMMER!

At least, that's what I think.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2011, 05:15:05 pm »

Haha, warhammer USED to suck, but then 50% discount forever.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2011, 05:19:28 pm »

Warhammer is... Alright, I guess. Not my cup of tea. Warmachine, however, is quite different, and definitely what I wanted from a tabletop game.

At least, that's what I think.
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2011, 01:07:21 pm »

Now that I moved in the city, I reunited with an longtime friend of mine that is part of a regular pnp gaming group of veteran players who runs 4-5 parallel campaigns and organize several sessions per week. He proposed me to join the group but I see several problems :
  • They are a group of very, very seasoned players with great storytelling abilities and I fear that I will not be up to par
  • Furthermore, I'm not regularly available to play and I will not be able to participate to sessions requiring a lot of preparation

(Everytime I write pnp, I can't help but think about frikking BJ transistors help me lol)

Engrish as second language
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2011, 05:06:23 pm »

I do and don't mean to revive this. I do because it was a great thread, and I don't because it's been a while.

It says only necro something if it contributes, and I feel this contributes a lot.

Monte Cook, one of the game creators over at Wizards of the Coast has like a weekly blog thing where he discusses things within playing D&D. This is good for two reasons:
1. He's going back and re-analyzing things from past versions of D&D in an effort to create something better that 4.0 which was to WoW-y and 3.0 which was a lot of stuff. This leads to the second point;
2. There are rumors around (being backed up by Monte Cooks articles) that 5.0 is being worked on extensively and will be trying to make the best version of the game.

Here's the article archive: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Archive.aspx?category=all&subcategory=legendslore

I wanted to see what you guys thought about this, and to try to get this going again as I'm sure we're all doing some sort of Pen and Papering...

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2011, 08:16:20 pm »

I haven't played D&D in a long time, but I really enjoyed 4.0. The only thing that made it feel "WoWish" was that there was a more stream-lined healer specific role that could be played if people wanted. I didn't get to play it enough to find out, but it felt like the numbers played out so that you didn't have to have a dedicated healer though because of the amount of DPS that spot could make up for.

Ultimately what has made my current gaming group steer clear of D&D is the battle grid. You really have to play with the grid for combat to be balanced at all, and it dramatically slows down the pace of the story and makes it feel like each session revolves around combat. After a while, combat feels meaningless; rarely do you feel like you character is any danger.

I know losing a character sucks, but I like games where any combat feels like I could lose my character. Everyone tries to avoid combat when possible, so its rare, and when it happens everyone is involved and interested. It makes every round of combat feel a lot more meaningful.

TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2011, 04:17:51 am »

They best bring back Thac0!

I kid, I kid (sort of).  But this sounds a lot like the buzz right before 3.5 was announced.  Moving all the way to 5 seems drastic given the relative young age of 4.  I suppose it's possible though.  I still haven't played 4.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2011, 08:40:11 pm »

4 has been out for 3 years now, almost 4. It was released in 2008.

AM: I've never played 4 so WoWy was a bad description. All I've heard is it's more streamlined while 3.0 and 3.5 were more creative.

I think that if 5 is done well, as in a combination of earlier games, the creativity of 3.0/3.5 and some parts of 4.0, it could be fantastic.

On an unrelated note, I've been DMing a game at uni here with some friends and it's going well. It's 3.5 and I'm running them through the Sunless Citadel and will be attempting to recreate parts of the custom campaign I played through using the Sunless Citadel.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »

The dread Necromancer Jetraymongoose summons this thread back from the dead!

In all seriousness, it's pointless to create a new thread when there's so much stuff here.

I've been DMing a campaign at university and it's been going awesome. I've been creating a really awesome campaign for my players. We're done for the Christmas break right now since exams are soon. I was also wondering if anybody knew of a program like Masterplan but for 3.0/3.5 since Masterplan is for 4e. It's a great program and is really helpful but if I could get one for 3.0/3.5 that'd be cool.

Thanks guys, and happy RPGing!

NerdPower!
MEOWTH! That's right!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Vote Saxon this November!

nerdpower13@hotmail.com nerdpower13 cooldude24597@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2011, 06:54:24 pm »

I don't even know what Masterplan is lol. I just recently planned out a Star Wars campaign using a homebrew adaptation of the nWoD rules that I found online. I'm not going to be able to run it until xmas break though because I have to wait for my friends come back from school >.<

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2011, 07:11:43 pm »

Masterplan is basically a program that let's you do a bunch of cool shit and plan out your campaign.

Anywho, I have my group trying to get a bunch of different things for the plot, but I am sending them to a bunch of different dungeons, each one going to test their abilities as a group and as a singular unit of the group. Should be awesome at the end, a mountain comes alive and attacks the Forgotten Realms, and then they have to fight Bane. Awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: