The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
July 25, 2014, 04:38:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I'm having a fucking BLAST.  See this?  This is my "HAVING A FUCKING BLAST" face!!!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pen and Paper revival  (Read 20461 times)
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

Losmosquitos42@hotmail.com Losmosquitos42
View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2011, 09:06:56 pm »

I return from the grave to tell you all that 4.0 is crap compared most other systems. It's less like they took the other games and streamlined them and more like they took the other games and turned them into a board game. There's not much of a difference between playing a fighter and a wizard, other than keywords. As a wizard, you use your at-will abilities for general combat, and then kick it up to your encounter powers or your dailies for tougher battles. As a fighter, you use your at-will abilities for general combat, and then kick it up to your encounter powers or your dailies for tougher battles. It's just... I dunno, not as fun. It's better for people who don't really want to get too much into story (Story in 4th isn't hard to do, but to do a lot of the things you want, you have to throw game mechanics to the wind). Everyone's got their favorite edition of D&D, and, according to to what's been happening to Wizards lately, everyone's got their least favorite too.

When you're not allowed at a Con because nobody wants to play your game, and you're the guys who do fucking Dungeons and Dragons, you've got a problem.

At least, that's what I think.
FireFog
Wastelander

Fast and Fourier

View Profile Email
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2011, 02:04:47 pm »

When you're not allowed at a Con because nobody wants to play your game, and you're the guys who do fucking Dungeons and Dragons, you've got a problem.
Ouch. What happened exactly ?

Engrish as second language
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2011, 06:48:26 pm »

Ouch. What happened exactly ?
Wizards of the coast jumped the shark?

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2011, 06:51:10 pm »

Buy a copy of the 3rd gen rulebook used you say?

Pour hot soup in homestars eyes you say?

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2011, 06:56:50 pm »

I guess they couldn't get enough people who wanted to run D&D, so Wizards couldn't get a spot.

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2011, 11:22:15 pm »

So, yeah, Double post, fuck the internet, I don't care. I'm gonna be playing in a GURPS game pretty soon, and I'm going to be playing a Giant cat man with a robotic arm who dual wields pistols as he and the rest of my group travel to alternate earths a-la the 90's show "Sliders."

I'm fairly excited.

AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2011, 05:51:16 pm »

So, yeah, Double post, fuck the internet, I don't care. I'm gonna be playing in a GURPS game pretty soon, and I'm going to be playing a Giant cat man with a robotic arm who dual wields pistols as he and the rest of my group travel to alternate earths a-la the 90's show "Sliders."

I'm fairly excited.
I'll see you there! *looks at the date on post* Damn it! How'd I miss this thread by a week?

/wanna play GURPS

How'd your giant cat-man go Log?

Log!
Skooma Addict
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

THROW A BLANKET OVER IT!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2011, 06:17:25 pm »

I don't know, haven't played him yet. My GM is thinking about running a Feudal Japan game now.

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2012, 02:26:42 pm »

So this is the thread I was hesitant about but...

So this year some of my new uni friends wanted me to DM a D&D game since I was the only one who had any kind of DM experience, so wanting to get better, I said sure. So back in like September, we started a 3.5 campaign; Me as DM and four of my friends playing. I ran them through the Sunless Citadel as it was the one I first ran through and I enjoyed it. So as we go through it, I started thinking of ideas of what they would do next. Do I just throw them through another adventure like this or do I make up a story on my own? So I sat down one day, determined to have some sort of plot for the campaign. Half way through the dungeon, another friend of mine who had over our Fall reading break played a one-shot with us who were left on our floor and enjoyed it so she joined the normal campaign, adding it to five players.

So the group manages to beat boss and I have awaiting for them, individual written up things that they see in their dreams that night pertaining to the story. Each member of the group is basically a part of already (unknowingly) or being vied for by a group within the Forgotten Realms. Most are ones from the world a couple are made up or moved and what not. So they continue to play as I continue to write the story. One of the players died so I sent them off on a random quest for the Church of Tyr to get the Magic-McGuffin to help pay for the Resurrection of their ally. They finish and now hire a boat filled with supplies to get up to Mithril Hall in an attempt to get to Silverymoon. They get ambushed by Orcs on the river (which ties into the main story as the orcs have been unified and hired by the BBEG), a new player joined, another friend of ours who wanted to play, and they went to a village on the other side of The Spine of the World, which is all made up stuff since there isn't anything there really, so they rescue the villagers and I used the Base of Operations Adventure, so now they have got a keep and have transferred the village to the keep after remodeling and such and now are the 'heads of the keep'. The last thing that happened as the keep stuff all transpired in a 10 hour long session two weeks or so ago, they encountered this rogue who they had worked with at one point (and stole an item that is key to the story from the party) and they saw him in the village. He came to warn them about the group he was working for, and just then, time stopped. A large shadow appeared behind him on the ground, and this other party of adventures appeared, one being a Shadowdancer, shadow jumped up to the Rogue, took the item that was the PC's, and killed him right in front of them. Then they left and it's how the game ended for the year.

So yeah, they fucking loved that session and I'm working on more stuff for when we start back up in September which I'll add to this thread later when I have more free time so I can get ideas and feedback!

Fuck yeah long post to bring back this thread. 10,000 gp for a Resurrection, jeez.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
AmadeusMaxwell
Zombie with Mad Elite Skills
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Straight from the land that God forgot.

AmadeusMaxwell ZMES_Matt
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2012, 12:10:12 pm »

10,000 gp for a Resurrection, jeez.
Worth it. Cool

So our GM has been running 2-3 games a week for different groups, and all the groups are in the same general area and sometimes cross-over, or we see old characters of games we've finished.

I play in a Mage game on Saturday nights; my gf plays in the Saturday game and a Monday one where they're vampires.

Apparently last Monday they accidentally unleashed an unrestrained Bloody Mary on Dallas and all the children are just missing entirely.

...I have a feeling that's gonna come up tonight. >.>

Jetraymongoose
The Waffle King!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Time Lord

markjohnson_303@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 08, 2012, 07:49:00 am »

Lol, I went to post in this the other day and I had this really awesome and long reply going and then my computer froze so I said fuck it and now I remembered to post here, lol.

So I'm currently neck-deep in stacks of paper from me printing out various things for my campaign or drawing maps which happens more often than not. At the end of the last game the group rescued this village on the northern side of the Spine of the World (Forgotten Realms) and in conjunction with the Base of Operations module, they more or less got a keep and some villagers. While they are a lower level, I thought creating a place for them to be based out of would be awesome. Their was a mine in the keep and it turns out it was filled with minerals and gems and what not so they've been able to create a growing economy as they are close to Mithril Hall to export stuff there and to import stuff by Sea via The Sea of Moving Ice. So now they've rebuilt the village, changed the old keep around and created this just awesome place for them to live. I guess population size it's a Hamlet but they're pulling in a lot of cash so it's a weird mixture.

If I had a scanner or if somebody knows of a program to make a map online that'd be great cause then I could not only have a version on my computer, it'd also be a better version than my kind of shitty hand drawn one.

I'm going to post more about the village later today.

All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere, any star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: