The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
September 01, 2014, 01:46:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Eat at Ed's Ale Shack and Grill!

Plastic forks are currently banned, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Movie You've Seen  (Read 119023 times)
TheLastOutlaw
Alone in this darkness, there’s a dream still worth saving
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1155 on: August 13, 2012, 02:42:10 am »

I rented Sucker Punch.

It sucked.   

I will say that Zack Snyder can direct an action sequence, and I would probably say go see it just for the action scenes.  But they can't support the whole movie which is a disconnected story that can't decide if it wants to be a music video, women in prison flick, or whatever else got thrown against the wall in the vain hope it would stick.

It had some good concepts but failed in execution.  I get that most of the film takes  place in her imagination but they did a HORRIBLE job drawing the links between her imagination and what really happened.  A throwaway comment feebly trying to get them to marry up at the end is probably worse than not even trying because it just drew attention to the fact it was ignored. 

I hope someone does a fan edit that removes everything but the action scenes because believing that a girl trapped unjustly in a mental institute would dream about being trapped in whorehouse with a viscious pimp as an ESCAPE takes more suspension of disbelief than watching a flying mech with a bunny paint job lay waste to zombie clockwork soldiers the trenches of world war 1.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1156 on: August 22, 2012, 01:49:10 pm »

First up I finally got to see (most of) "A Town Called Panic". Utter genius. Seriously. Maddest piece of animated joy I've seen since The Magic Roundabout film "Dougal And The Blue Cat".
Also "Hansel And Gretle": seriously messed up Korean horror film featuring deranged kids, child abuse, a serial killer, psychic abilities and some truly disturbing things. Bloody loved it.
So I love horror flicks and kids films. Go figure.

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1157 on: August 22, 2012, 08:09:53 pm »

I rented Sucker Punch.

It sucked.   

I will say that Zack Snyder can direct an action sequence, and I would probably say go see it just for the action scenes.  But they can't support the whole movie which is a disconnected story that can't decide if it wants to be a music video, women in prison flick, or whatever else got thrown against the wall in the vain hope it would stick.

It had some good concepts but failed in execution.  I get that most of the film takes  place in her imagination but they did a HORRIBLE job drawing the links between her imagination and what really happened.  A throwaway comment feebly trying to get them to marry up at the end is probably worse than not even trying because it just drew attention to the fact it was ignored. 

I hope someone does a fan edit that removes everything but the action scenes because believing that a girl trapped unjustly in a mental institute would dream about being trapped in whorehouse with a viscious pimp as an ESCAPE takes more suspension of disbelief than watching a flying mech with a bunny paint job lay waste to zombie clockwork soldiers the trenches of world war 1.
Yeah it was very confusing tell what was in her head and what wasn't. It starts off in some dingy place and then they're all of a sudden in this fancy ass place with literally no apparent transition. One thing to always keep in mind with Zack Snyder movies is that they're all flash, no substance, I've seen 300, Watchmen, and Suckerpunch, and while visually they were great, the story, writing, and whatever else was very subpar.

Anyways, got back from The Dark Knight Rises, that was a great movie, and probably one of the longest ones I've been to in awhile.

EDIT: Silent Hill. I've been watching video game movies with my internet buddies, and honestly, this is the best video game movie I've seen yet, next to Tomb Raider. It does a very good job of capturing the experience and atmosphere of the games, going as far as using music from the games, but aside from some over the top gore, hokey writing, and Pyramid Head for the sake of having Pyramid Head, it was a very good, very enjoyable movie with great acting and production values.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 03:10:22 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1158 on: October 14, 2012, 06:15:46 pm »

Battle Royale.

I FINALLY managed to get my hands on a copy of this flick, in this case the super deluxe 4 disc korean export set (includes the sequel and two discs worth of extras).  I know it was recently released in the US on DVD and Blu Ray but I didn't feel like dropping 40 bucks on something I may or may not have liked.  Having seen the movie I now know I shouldn't have worried, and I'll probably track down the Blu Ray "complete" collection anyway since the Korean subtitles are horrifically bad in a few spots but I'm getting ahead of myself.

So yea, this movie has been out since 2000 in Japan, but never officially distributed in the US until earlier this year (probably to cash in on the oft heard internet buzz "Hunger Games is a rip off of Battle Royale.")  and if you like Hunger Games, or movies with action and violence (Quentin Tarantino has said Battle Royale is the one movie that has come out since he got in the business that he wishes he had done) or just want to see 40+ kids doing horrible things to each other, this is the one for you.

Set in a horrible alternate Japan where juvenile delinquency is apparently a huge problem the government passed a law allowing them to randomly select a class full of kids and having them fight to the death until only one remains.  Not sure how that helps solve the delinquent problem but it makes for a kick ass movie.  The premise is simple, the class is gassed during a bus trip and wake up on a deserted island where there are given the rules of the game, exploding collars are fitted around their necks and they each get a bag full of supplies that includes a random item/weapon that may be of use.  So watch in horror as these kids start tearing into each other with wild abandon, some becoming remorseless killers and some fighting to subvert the game itself in an effort to tell the program directors to go fuck themselves.  I’m giving this one a full five fros.  The pacing is excellent, the chaos is top notch and the only gripe I have is the wonky subtitling which is more the fact that I bought the region free Korean edition.

Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1159 on: October 14, 2012, 11:33:27 pm »

The Wicker Man, the original one, not the Nicholas Cage one. It was boring, cop gets report about missing girl, goes to island where people have pagan beliefs, he goes around basically being an asshole to everybody all "YOUR BELIEFS ARE WRONG AND MY BELIEFS ARE RIGHT, YOU SHOULD BE WARSHIPPING THE LAWD AND SAYVYEER JEEZUS CHRIST!", which he seems to care more about than some missing girl, none of the characters were likable and as a whole it was really dull.

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1160 on: October 14, 2012, 11:40:34 pm »

Back in the great satanist conspiracy days it was terrifying.

People blamed satanic cults for EVERYTHING for a while there.

Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1161 on: October 15, 2012, 10:33:43 am »

I wish I was an eldritch elder god like TLO...

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1162 on: October 20, 2012, 09:50:34 pm »

Cabin in the Woods. Holy shit I loved that movie.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:08:05 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1163 on: October 20, 2012, 11:32:45 pm »

I loved how Cabin explained all the stuff that bugged me about horror movies like, "why do they always drop their weapon after they only stab the bad guy once?"  Or, "why are the acting so fucking stupid all of a sudden?"  Great flick.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1164 on: October 21, 2012, 01:07:13 am »

Indeed. Awesome movie.

A part that really made me laugh was...
(click to show/hide)

Joss Whedon should really just be his own movie genre.

Opus Fluke
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Fluke Laboratories: EVOLVE TODAY!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1165 on: October 25, 2012, 12:56:42 pm »

"Daywatch". Stayed up until four in the morning to see it through until the end but worth every second though it did take me a while to remember what was going on having seen "Nightwatch" years ago. The whole Chalk of Fate plot was well done.

And I couldn't have done it without Fluke Labs! *thumbs up at camera*
sok
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Sok means juice in Polish!

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 25, 2012, 06:05:29 pm »

Damn, Opus, i loved the books. If you haven't read them, do it now! Though the 3rd and 4th part suck:(

btw, Are the wings on fire?
TheLastOutlaw
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1167 on: October 26, 2012, 01:14:03 pm »

I need read the books.  I do have both the films and enjoyed them.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1168 on: October 26, 2012, 10:40:08 pm »

Uwe Boll's Postal. His movies are a lot better when he doesn't take himself so seriously.
The best scene is halfway through the movie, when Uwe Boll shows up for a TV interview at an American theme park called Little Germany, and admits that his films are funded by Nazi gold and that he has an attraction to young children, a few minutes later, a mascot takes its head off to reveal the creator of the Postal games, exclaiming "what did you do to my game??" and tackles Boll. The sequence ends with Al Qaeda showing up and a shootout that results in a park filled with dead children.
Unfortunately the latter half of the movie is kinda boring because Uwe Boll can't make an interesting fight scene, but the ending was good.

EDIT: Saw Trick R Treat. It was okay.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:13:36 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Synaster
ARC Support Staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1169 on: November 06, 2012, 10:08:00 pm »

Watched "Zombie Diaries". It's like "Cloverfield" (as in, the same kind of video-shooting) meets a generic zombie film. The zombies looked good, the acting wasn't that bad, but everything else was pretty frickin' AWFUL. $7.50 down the drain... I think there's a reason why most movies aren't presented like that.

Btw, anyone want it? Pay for shipping and handling and it's all yours. XD
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: