The Zombie Hunters Forum: WE GO THERE.
October 01, 2014, 12:03:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mah arms are scarf!!  Dey go, "WEE WOO WEE WOO!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Movie You've Seen  (Read 122067 times)
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1245 on: February 15, 2014, 10:53:00 pm »

Just saw 28 Days Later. After seeing that, I'm convinced the creator of The Walking Dead is a hack.

My photography tumblr page Skype: Yutrzenika
Stan
Carbonite Dreamer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

booty butt booty butt booty butt cheeks

mogley22@msn.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1246 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:59 pm »

i feel like 28 days later is the LSD of zombie movies.

Fuck you, im calling it a zombie movie.

It opens up your mind and enlightens you to ideas of a higher existance, while ruining the rest of the genre for you

If you're gonna do that shit, do it about one of those ontario elections that always end in the cops chasing a rapist around a tim hortons or some shit.
--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I think I may of snapped...

done_done_onto_the_next_one@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:47 am »

This actually makes the movie make sense... I never thought I'd get it but Stan (yes! STAN!) has actually summed up the movie for me!

OT: Watcheed serenity again, at the lady's behest

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1248 on: March 12, 2014, 05:36:08 pm »

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It wasn't very good. Good idea behind it, the origins of the Planet of the Apes, but just poorly executed, there's so much illogical bullshit in it that just ruins it.

Also saw The Great Escape, and it was a fantastic movie for the first 2 hours, the last hour (Well, more like 40-50 minutes) was totally unnecessary, and it just really fucking dragged on, it's basically an hour of watching the various characters as they evade the nazis, but it doesn't really offer much in the way of plot progression, it doesn't add much of anything, and then at the very end the movie returns to the POW camp where they basically explain all of what happened anyways. Earlier on in the movie there was a brilliant bit of visual storytelling where two of the characters claim they've found a blind spot in the Nazi security, and that they were going to dig under the fence to get out, the scene immediately after shows them being lead to the "Cooler", a sort of solitary confinement in the POW camp, covered in mud. What they should have done for the end of the movie is what they did for the aforementioned bit of visual storytelling, have them escape, and then cut to the camp after all has been said and done, with the remaining characters discussing what had transpired.

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1249 on: March 15, 2014, 10:23:40 am »

you ... you do know that the Great Escape is based on an actual account, right?

silence of the lambs, yesss.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1250 on: March 15, 2014, 02:20:27 pm »

you ... you do know that the Great Escape is based on an actual account, right?

Yes, I know, it says right at the beginning of the movie. That doesn't change the fact that the last 50 minutes were pointless and dragged on, and could have been edited.
I'm not saying to omit what happened from the story entirely, because, as you said, it's based on actual events, and it would be stupid to cut it out, you can make it accurate to the actual events without making it boring for the viewers. Like I said, they could have showed the guys all escaping, and then cut forward back to the camp with all the remaining escapees back again, it would tell us visually that they were not successful in their escape, the remaining characters could be discussing all of what happened, and it would also tell us some characters didn't make it back as well, it would be much more concise than an hour of them running from the Nazis. The first two hours of the movie, as they plan and initiate the escape plans were much more exciting and interesting than watching them run from the Nazis.
It would be like that example of visual story telling I had mentioned, the two guys who tried to dig under the fence and got caught, the scene was basically them stating they were going to do it that night, and then cutting to them being taken to the cooler, it was quick and concise, and it tells us that they weren't successful in their attempt to escape, versus showing them trying to dig their way through for 30 minutes and then being caught by the Nazis.

Speaking of stuff that needs to be edited, saw The Deer Hunter last night. Very good movie, and about the same length as The Great Escape, except this time the first hour drags on. The movie is divided into three acts, the first act is to show what the characters are like, the second act is to show their experience during the Vietnam war, and the final act is to show how the war changed them.
The problem is, the first 80 minutes or so could have been cut down to 30 or so minutes. A good 40-50 minutes of the first act is watching them all act like drunk buffoons at a wedding for one of the other characters, like the entire wedding procession. Like The Great Escape, it's pointless and doesn't really add anything, it just drags on forever, and could have been quickly summed up. We already have a good sense of what the characters are like, now they're just padding it out, and it's not holding my attention. If they cut it down to 30 or 40 minutes, they could still fit in everything without having it drag on, we could still see what the characters are like, their time at the wedding, and their time hunting one last time before shipping out to war, except it would be better paced, and more concise.
Like I said, it's still a fantastic movie, but it could use some editing.

EDIT:

Speaking of war movies, just saw Apocalypse Now Redux. It was pretty fantastic... Unfortunately one of the scenes added by the Redux version, once again, dragged on a bit, the dinner scene with some french guys, and it dragged towards the end in the final act. But holy shit was it still an amazing movie. And dat soundtrack.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:40:38 pm by Yutrzenika » Logged

Hailfax
Quartermaster
Zombie Hunter
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I'm your mother fucking Quartermaster

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1251 on: March 15, 2014, 11:58:50 pm »

almost every movie from the 60s-70s era are like this. I don't see the problem with it. it puts nice pacing into the movies, not everything has to be fast moving, which is what the point of great escape was. They sat there and waited until everything was near perfect, and you as the audience sat there with them. If everyone can sit through an action packed movie today that's the same film length, then everyone can sit through a movie with [gasp] dialogue.

speaking of, one of my favorite scenes in Great Escape is when they're leaving the bunny hole and a German officer is standing RIGHT THERE with a german shepherd. This was based on an actual account from one of the escapees and they said that they were so close to the guy, they could smell the leather on his boots, pretty fucking amazing and heart racing right there.

I went and watched Julius Caesar. The one with Charlton Heston as Marc Antony. Mostly because of today.

It's been a hard day's night
Age is no guarantee of efficiency
3DS friend code: 4613-6707-8466
Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1252 on: March 16, 2014, 12:29:06 am »

almost every movie from the 60s-70s era are like this. I don't see the problem with it. it puts nice pacing into the movies, not everything has to be fast moving, which is what the point of great escape was. They sat there and waited until everything was near perfect, and you as the audience sat there with them.
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying, I'm not complaining about the scenes where they sat and planned and waited until it was all perfect, that was all great, I liked that. I'm complaining about the action scene at the end, the action scene totally went against the pacing the movie had set. It went from this slow pacing, of careful planning and scheming to a high speed action scene that lasted a whole hour. It just felt like an entirely different movie.

It's like the movie "Beyond the Black Rainbow". A majority of the movie has this deliberately slow, almost hypnotic pace, and you become accustomed to that pacing for the movie, but in the final half hour of the movie it becomes a bad slasher/horror flick. Imagine if 2001: A Space Odyssey had an hour long shootout at the end. I'm not complaining about a lack of action, but too much considering the kind of movie it is.

If everyone can sit through an action packed movie today that's the same film length, then everyone can sit through a movie with [gasp] dialogue.
Again, I don't think you're getting me, I'm not complaining about the dialogue at all, that's the part I liked. I'm complaining about the action. There's next to no dialogue in the end (save for the final ten or so minutes back at the camp), it was just a long, drawn out action scene that wasn't really necessary at all.

The exampled I mentioned before, Hilts and Ives devise a plan to dig under a blind spot by the guard towers, and the outcome of their plan was concisely summarized, it just cut to them being dragged off to the cooler. We didn't need a 30 minute action scene to see that they failed in their attempt to escape, It was a brilliant bit of visual storytelling, and the same thing could have been done with the final hour of the movie.

They could have cut that whole scene down to about 15 or 20 minutes, of them escaping and going along their way, and then jumping forward back to the PoW camp later on. Through visual storytelling, we would see not everybody made it back, and then the characters express through dialogue what had happened to them anyways.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:54:45 am by Yutrzenika » Logged

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 21, 2014, 06:33:53 pm »

So, finally got round to watching Ted. It was mediocre.

Yutrzenika
Waffle Overload!!!
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

kawaii.wad

blu-pyro@live.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1254 on: March 21, 2014, 11:31:17 pm »

I thought it was amusing. All depends on your sense of humor I guess.

Saw Full Metal Jacket. It was fantastic.

--Pappa Cricco--
Cricco was here
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 22, 2014, 06:55:42 pm »

Just seen Thor the Dark World,

As I didnt see the original Thor Movie I cant compare, BUT OH MY SHITTING GODS THAT WAS AWESOME!

Diruk
Zombie

View Profile Email
« Reply #1256 on: April 17, 2014, 05:14:18 pm »

Watched "The Lego Movie"
with my brosky group.

I gotta say, it was actually really good.
Newb8D
PANTS!!!
Civillian Police

You WILL be mine, pants. MINE. FOREVER.

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 07, 2014, 03:09:43 pm »

The Lego Movie is great. It kept me laughing every ten seconds or so, though I felt the ending was a wee bit awkward compared to the rest of the movie (but it was a nice message to send).

I watched Frozen a while ago. I came into the theatre not knowing what the story was. All I knew was that it probably had a snowman and a reindeer (this one is a better trailer, in my opinion). But I'm now a huge fan. The music, the animation, the story, the everything. The soundtrack's the only thing I've been listening to for months. I didn't know it would become as big as it is now (I thought it might have been like Tangled in popularity), but I'm happy. I hope Disney will do us proud in their future movies (Maleficent looks promising).

8D  (8  8P  (8<  >8P  8(  D8  8O  8S  8B  <l8D  8I)

Welcome to the 8th dimension.
HK-47
Brings the old-school pain and pimpin'
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

Heaven's Smile, meet the Killer7

star.by.star@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1258 on: May 08, 2014, 01:10:19 pm »

Just seen Thor the Dark World,

As I didnt see the original Thor Movie I cant compare, BUT OH MY SHITTING GODS THAT WAS AWESOME!

Late on this but that grenade the dark elven guys use is one of my favorite weapons ever. And Loki, everything that he does.

Ninja'd: 863
TheLastOutlaw
I calculated the odds of this succeeding against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupidů and I went ahead anyway.
Red Halo Officer
Apprentice Zombie Hunter

I have a hockey mask and a questionable moral code

outlaw_dr@hotmail.com Roadbuster roadbuster_99
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1259 on: May 09, 2014, 07:33:19 pm »

I've been watching a ton of MST3K lately.  The last "real" movie I've seen is the Hobbit, Desolation of Smaug.  I would probably be able to get into these movies more if they hadn't strayed so ridiculously far from the source material.

Visit my Deviant Art page, home of Manic Depression: The Webcomic! http://thelastoutlaw.deviantart.com
Quote from: Dara
Mask, stapler, Machete.. The Last Outlaw: Like Jason, only more awesome, bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: